Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Tom Sawyer Island/DCA changes

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic View Post

that said, i still need to think about the pirates theme a bit to see how i feel on it....i really like the idea of a villians island, kudos to whoever posted that idea! that could be a really cool experience, and that island is big enough for a fairly sizeable e-ticket, 1-2 d/c-tickets, and still have lots of room for exploration and adventure we love at TSI (heck maybe when you enter a cave you could run into animatronic villians/scenes, it could be pretty cool)
    *Raises Hand* Just thought up the Villian's Island off the top of my head. Actually the idea was brought up for a villian's land elsewhere in the park becuase of course nobody would ever think of changing a stagnant piece of Disneyland like TSI becuase of the "Classic Disneyland" train of thought many purist hold. I thought that maybe that Villian's Land idea would be great for TSI. An Island seperated from the rest of the park. Make it look forboding.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    So much attention being given to the DLR is wonderful. Some changes might be hard to swallow, but hey, I'm game. They're not investing so much just to spoil things. They are planning to make IMPROVEMENTS. It's odd, but the change mentioned that struck me the hardest is the possibility of demolishing the DLH. I know that its condition isn't very good any more. Duct tape can't fix everything and I guess something has to be done, but I hope the new facility will still have the magic. And I hope it can still be reasonably priced. Dream on.
    Same here. When I read about the hotel coming down my heart sank. So many memories like throwing our Grad Nite party there and numerous comic conventions there as well but if they create a work of art like they did the grand Californian then I'm all up for it. Change hurts at times but change is also good.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• I'm not really here

I'm all for changing TSI into something else. I love it and all, but it's just not doing it for the park guests these days. Like Al said, most kids just don't know who Becky and Tom are let alone care about the story.

That being said, I don't think that Pirates is the way to go. There are plenty of other themes that could be done that fit inbetween NOS and Frontierland and still tie things together. As this idea was hatched up in Burbank it feels a lot more like trying to milk a successful franchise for every penny it's worth rather than real planning for the future of the park.

On to DCA. I'm actually really excited about all of this. I think the transportation in park is desperately needed. Not only will it increase the ability to ferry guests to the back sides of the park faster avoiding bottlenecks, the vehicles will make for interesting "weenies".

The villains overlay I think will work. It will fit into the rethemeing of PP pretty well. Since they are doing a Victorian era theme there and redoing the queue of Screamin to be more of a Fun House, adding villain stuff to the ride will make the coaster feel more like a Coney Island type of ride (which fits the theme).

I love the idea of re-routing the monorail to circle the park and provide stops at the hotels. This provides another great way to get people into the park alieviating some of the strain on the Trams whose lines can get quite lengthy sometimes. A longer track with more stops also means more trains can be out at once. This increases the kinetic appeal of the monorails.

I love Muppets3D and it will be greatly missed by my family as well, but if it's just not pulling in the crowds (and it wasn't at all last time we were there), then it is probably time for it to move on. As excited as I am about being able to see Philharmagic someday, I think that something new should be crafted rather than cloning WDW and HKD. Keeping the parks diverse is, in my opinion, a smart business move.

Sorry for the novel... just my feelings on things.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I still really want to know what is going to happen to the Twain, the burning cabin, the indian tribes, all the stuff that is connected to Frontierland. I could see some of it being easily changed, but some of it not at all. Would the Twain go away? What will happen to the densely planted forest? That does not lend it self at all to a tropical island.

PinBrian, I'm sure your questions will be answered once there is an official announcement and that should be very soon if it's to be finished by my birthday. I mean by the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    *Raises Hand* Just thought up the Villian's Island off the top of my head. Actually the idea was brought up for a villian's land elsewhere in the park becuase of course nobody would ever think of changing a stagnant piece of Disneyland like TSI becuase of the "Classic Disneyland" train of thought many purist hold. I thought that maybe that Villian's Land idea would be great for TSI. An Island seperated from the rest of the park. Make it look forboding.

ya, ive heard of the villians land idea too, and have been a big proponent of it myself (i think there is a TON of potential there)

and you're right, turing the island into an all new land themed just for the disney baddies is a really logical way to go. not only does it bring one more new "land" to the park, but it does so without actually taking up any new "land", thus leaving places like festival of fools area open for even more expansion later on down the road.

also, putting the villians on an island has a very cool alcatraz feel to it, dont you think?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Lost in Wonderland

From some of the horror stories about PP and DLH I guess its a good thing those hotels are going to get re-done. I'm excited about it, although I know when they are finished their prices to stay there are going to skyrocket past GCH.

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

I actually think Walt would love the idea. He has said numerous times that POTC was his favorite attraction in the park.
    Walt died 3 months before the ride opened.

I'm fine with re-theming TSI to Pirates. I would be fine keeping it as TSI also, but it's a joke compared to what it used to be. The fort has been closed for way too long and budget wise, it's been neglected. If re-theming it means they fix it up and make it a fun attraction to visit again, then I'm all for it.

I won't speculate on whether Walt would or would not approve, as nobody truly knows, but I do find it interesting that here's a ride that turns 40 next year that has spawned three huge movies and now may inspire another attraction.

• Minion

I actually think Walt would love the idea. He has said numerous times that POTC was his favorite attraction in the park. Besides the world has moved on. Kids no longer want adventure of the likes of Tom Sawyer but more of the likes of Jack Sparrow.
    I can't really recall Walt running an idea into the dirt. I've been to DL twice since the refurb of POTC, and I thought I was going to throw up from the amount of pirates crap. I love POTC. It's my favorite ride hands down, and the movies are fantastic. But geez, I really can't stand it. So many pirates hats and dread locked bandannas... Let me breathe already...

*Raises Hand* Just thought up the Villian's Island off the top of my head. Actually the idea was brought up for a villain's land elsewhere in the park because of course nobody would ever think of changing a stagnant piece of Disneyland like TSI becuase of the "Classic Disneyland" train of thought many purist hold. I thought that maybe that Villian's Land idea would be great for TSI. An Island seperated from the rest of the park. Make it look forboding.
    Personally, I hate that idea. I really dislike the cartoonization of Disneyland. Theming has virtually gone to crap. When I'm walking through Frontierland and I see Woody, I immediately remember that I'm in a theme park and that kids are the focus here. Instead of being immersed in the theme or atmosphere, I'm catapulted into reality. Bad form in my opinion...

A big giant island of giant villains just sounds way too cheesy. Perhaps a Halloween overlay, I think that would work really well, but a permanent one? Please Walt no!

• Banned User

No to both! If Igar made all of these decisions, then he's doing Bad for Disney!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12