Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Suits keep taking away the little things, perhaps I should not renew PAP (A rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I agree. People are threatening to stop buying AP's but I have to say they are lucky to have one in the first place. I live hundreds of miles away from Disneyland, but wish I could go to DL as often as many other MCers here.
    Well I would like to think that I am helping in my own way or trying to figure out on how to best preserve the magic in the park from the suits. This way when you journey from far away you still come to a park that is filled with fun and excitement. Just think about it for a second, if John Lasseter or Matt O. Had not magically come aboard the past few years, we would have lost much much more. The corporate types need to understand that yes this is a business but it is also a very special place to many many people. Some of these executives are from the retail business or the shopping center business, that is what we do NOT want DL to become, just another retail mall. Believe me if Matt O was not around here the last two years, that is exactly what DL was on track to become.
    I just want to keep the focus on the magic and what makes DL special, I want management to understand that is what we want. It is not too much to ask for, Remember Dreams come true. Right?

• That Guy

Re: Suits keep taking away the little things, perhaps I should not renew PAP (A rant)

In my eight visits to DLR, I have never even been on the island, so I can't say if it should stay or go.

Then again, because I have never had a desire to check it out may be the very reason to mix it up and freshen it up.

Let's remember DLR is not a Non-Profit. You better believe that TDA has a ton of research demonstrating how much pirates will bring in, as opposed to a character that most kids don't know anyway.

Growth and change aren't always easy, but often progress is worth it. (except in the case of Coke II)

Hi Max, Thanks for the post. This really is not just a Tom Sawyer issue, it goes a lot deeper. If they made a kick butt pirate island with caves and stuff, sure it could be fun. Although my major point is that the bean counters are interfering with the creative development of the park in my honest opinion. We need to have DL executive staff more effectively balance there marketing machine and bean counting with Creative development and putting on a good show and maintaining a good show. WDI needs to have a stronger presence in the creative decisions of the park as oppoosed to some suit just thinking only about the bottom line at the expense of "good show" and properly treated cast members/employees. This is what is lacking today, The "Show" is/has been sacrificed for far too long now, it's time to bring back the desire and the need to have a "Good Show"

• That Guy

It would be really cool if they would create a DLR 'Steering Committee' comprised of TDA peeps and then tons of DLR fans from CA and elsewhere. The steering committee could assist with ideas, and have a say as to the future of the resort. I know they tried something kind of similar before, but it would be cool to do with major decisions like this. At least people would have some ownership to the future of DLR.

• I'm not really here

I think it might be wise, before a mass boycott of PAP's, if there was a write in campaign. If everyone wrote in with the same kind of requests and such it might wake them up. Snow them under with mail. That might be all it takes really. Sometimes it's better to start a little less drastic and see how things go then escalate.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    It would be really cool if they would create a DLR 'Steering Committee' comprised of TDA peeps and then tons of DLR fans from CA and elsewhere. The steering committee could assist with ideas, and have a say as to the future of the resort. I know they tried something kind of similar before, but it would be cool to do with major decisions like this. At least people would have some ownership to the future of DLR.
    Great Idea Max, I would love to see TDA first have more regular steering committee meetings with WDI folks. But surely getting customer feedback is a great idea as well! But at the end of the day we all know how those meetings go, they generally waste lots of time. What we need is a culture of change at Disney Parks we need some creative to take charge of the global ship regarding the theme parks and make sure we get a "good show" philosophy to maintain a front burner presence in there decision making processes.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Great Idea Max, I would love to see TDA first have more regular steering committee meetings with WDI folks. But surely getting customer feedback is a great idea as well! But at the end of the day we all know how those meetings go, they generally waste lots of time. What we need is a culture of change at Disney Parks we need some creative to take charge of the global ship regarding the theme parks and make sure we get a "good show" philosophy to maintain a front burner presence in there decision making processes.
    And to make sure it costs as much for everyone to get in as it's worth...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I bet you a million dollars that no one will care about this in 2 years, I would love for there to be something fun to do on that island, but its so ho hum. At least for me I would much rather go to a great nature spot if thats what I'm lookin for, as far as TSI goes, its kinda of cool but it needs some help! I say leave the frontier side of the island the way it is and change the NOS side, and add a cool restaurant and a dark scary goonies style ride somewhere! And if everyone hates it they will change it back.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksladysparrow View Post
    I'mpretty sure Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln is returning in 2007, thats what i I read somewhere, can anyone confirm this?
    Great Moments with Jack Sparrow perhaps? Anyone?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Do you have a 27B/6?

As far as this quote:
    Quote:
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

...I don't think it's very imaginative to take the one idea that's selling, and then plaster it all over the park. This whole pirates/princess milking is off-putting, frankly. I totally agree that the parks need to develop, but development implies some sort of growth. A NEW idea, right?
    I think this just points to a further lack of creativity on Disney's part. Get the guys who thought up the movie (or, heck, even Johnny Depp, as he's more responsible for the pirates' success than anyone) and ask what ELSE Disney should include.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Great Moments with Jack Sparrow perhaps? Anyone?
    This one was too good Dusty.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

So, don't renew your AP! That will make them very happy. The fewer APs there are, the less crowded the parks are with people who haven't paid to be there that day.
    They know you won't stop going to Disneyland completely ... and they're betting that you'll buy enough single-day park hoppers to make up enough of the lost income to justify getting your body out of the park the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    This is really hate. I associate pushy peddlers with the 3rd world, not DL.

I agree completely. But just to defend the CM's: They are Kodak employees and not Disney CM's. Hopefully that will change someday and we can get Cast members with disney values behind those cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy001 View Post
    I agree completely. But just to defend the CM's: They are Kodak employees and not Disney CM's. Hopefully that will change someday and we can get Cast members with disney values behind those cameras.
    Wow are you serious!? I had no idea those photographers were not Disneyland CM's but are Kodak personnel, that is very strange. The peddling is poor show in my opinion.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Without getting back on the TSI topic, IF I were to change TSI into something it would be this...

Change the island into Pride Rock from "The Lion King." Add Simba to the top during Fantasmic!, as well as Mufasa's famouse "Remember..." line on the water screens. Have the gazzeles (sp?), elephants, etc. "dance" underneath the protruding Pride Rock during the show. Includ Scar during the villians section of the show. As for the backside of the island turn it into jungle theme that could include Timon & Pumba. Perhaps a ride covered in different types of bugs? Something like, "Pumba's Bug Pounce," or something like that.

In the end change is good, but too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing. I'm all for Walt's credo about change, but I don't think he'd appreciate the "in your face whether you like it or not" type of change as is happening with Pirates.

...Joe...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast