Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Year Of A Million Dreams...a good idea after all?

I loved the idea of the Pixie Dust Pin Pack when I heard about it, but I was a little dismayed when I read that said pins were given out as part of the Redd Rocket's Pizza Port table service dream in another thread. I'm glad to hear that at least one department is using the pins correctly.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I always thought it was a good idea

What a wonderful story... nice to see this working so well!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

that is really an awsome story! thanks for sharing!!!

I saw a little boy with his big sister in line in front of me one day on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, we struck up a conversation and they told me it was their first time at the park, so once we got off the ride, i showed the boy all the little fun interactive things there are in TT (the mailbox, fireworks lever, etc). he had a blast, and seeing that made my day!

my family has also given the little mister fans to foreign families we've met not expecting warm SoCal summer heat. some germans one time even gave us some international soccer pins and stuff cuz they were so grateful. it was really cool!

i really like the rewarding people for RAOKs idea, and defintiely hope that that keeps us even after the year long promotion ends. heck, the pins themselves are a great conversation starter! if you have one on your pin lanyard, and see someone else in line next to you with the pin, you can easily strike up a convo asking the other person how he got his pin, and maybe it'll give you a good idea of how to perform another RAOK!!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Cast Member

I think the "Year of A Million Dreams" is going to be a good promotion. Most people on this board condemned it to failure before it even began. This promotion is about little surprises here and there. They may not amount to much but it does make the Disney Experience memorable.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

It sure seems to be a good idea - it has generated a lot of interest and curiosity (just look at the discussion here as one example).

And of course I (and many others) love the idea of getting a "speical moment" or a big prize. This will generate attendance numbers.

Many are critisizing Disney for not giving us more for free - least we all forget this is a marketing campaign designed to keep the attendance up after the 50th. And if we can get something (prize or special moment) along the way - I say Bring it on!!!!
    Minnietoo

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dark View Post

...shouting in Main Street Square 'Canadian people! Canadian people, come back, we have something for you!'

Great story... but you shouting that out in Main Street Square was the icing on the delicious cake!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12