Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good News for all TSI fans!!

I know that we have heard these lines before from Disney management such as Abe but take this for what its worth. From TMZ.

A Disneyland rep tells TMZ that this was "the first" he had heard of the change, and said that there were no plans to change any of the Tom Sawyer Islands, whether in Anaheim, Calif., Orlando, Fla., or Tokyo.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Good News for all TSI fans!!

^ But then again, TMZ couldn't even quote Al's article correctly.

• Neep meep beep

And then again (athird?), nothing about this rumor was even confirmed. It's not surprising that not everyone in Disney knew about it or had heard it.

• It's all about Theme!

Then again, all these things have not yet been announced! Even the Placemaking project is not official yet! Says the park when I asked them! And unless there is a TSI refurbishment on the list DON'T GET WORRIED!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Inhospitable about happy

As described in Al's report, the proposed time-frame alone is extremely suspect. It is so completely unrealistic. A total redesign and remake of TSI, including plant life, in seven months?

I don't think so.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    As described in Al's report, the proposed time-frame alone is extremely suspect. It is so completely unrealistic. A total redesign and remake of TSI, including plant life, in seven months?

I don't think so.
    Well, remember that all of Disneyland was built in one year in 1955! So with today's more modern equipement, I think it is easily possible to complete the project in seven months.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

How long did we know for a fact that we were getting the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage before Disney said it was so? And I'm only counting the very last time that led to what is going on today?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Well, remember that all of Disneyland was built in one year in 1955! So with today's more modern equipement, I think it is easily possible to complete the project in seven months.
    But remember what Disneyland was in 1955...not too much. So draining the river to get all the equiptment over...I think if it a real retheme to the extent of changing the foliage...it'll be huge. 7 months does sound a bit suspect.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    It was BUILT in one year, but that doesn't include the years of planning beforehand. If the article is correct, they haven't even started the concept and design work for a pirate island yet. They would also have to design and build a new system of access to the island (the rafts surely won't do the job). Also, DL was content to open with very little vegetation by today's standards. That won't do. A denuded island waiting for new foliage to thicken and fill in would be an eyesore and a scandal.

Nope. Seven months is impossible for this, starting almost from ground zero.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It was BUILT in one year, but that doesn't include the years of planning beforehand. If the article is correct, they haven't even started the concept and design work for a pirate island yet. They would also have to design and build a new system of access to the island (the rafts surely won't do the job). Also, DL was content to open with very little vegetation by today's standards. That won't do. A denuded island waiting for new foliage to thicken and fill in would be an eyesore and a scandal.

Nope. Seven months is impossible for this, starting almost from ground zero.
    Nope! Never going to happen at all!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• a wind to shake the stars

It would also be hard to finish in 7 months because it's in the middle of a working theme park. Disneyland was built in a year, but there weren't guests in it daily at the time.

Though the timeline may be suspect, it doesn't mean there's no truth to this. Al has never been in the habit of sharing completely false information, after all.

• Rock Star Minion

I agree. Story still sounds very plausible: marketing wonks in Burbank want to do something to DL. WDI is charged with doing this something. WDI will fire back (or already has) saying it's impossible in the time frame.

A POTC parade might be more feasible. That's what parades are for, to sell the latest great movie (see Lion King parade).

Also note that a whole park can be built a lot faster than changing a part of an already-built park. the fastest way to build TSI would be to drain the moat, stop the train service, demolish part of the berm, and have all construction traffic go through the northwest backlot. Some of that backlot, of course, might have to be altered, too.
    While they're at it, might as well add on the Western River Expedition back there.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

TMZ is paparatzi. Why would you believe anything they say?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• n/a

When the money is there, anything is possible. 7 months is is plenty of time. Remember, there are 24 hours in a day. And if Disney thinks that a POTC Island will bring in the guests like the 50th did, they'll spend the money. Not mention construction doesn't only take place in the park. While the river is being drained and the island is being demolished, new stuff can be built elsewhere.

Adding new trees isn't a problem at all. Valley Crest ( the company responsable for all the US Disney Park's landscaping, which the except of Disneyland Park I guess those are still Walt's guys) has groves of full grown trees of all shapes and sizes ready for purchase.

They're not designing a new park. They're doing a small land without any major attractions, really it's all scenery and a couple buildings.

Let's try a possible time table for everything.
    Planning- I'm assuming that plans are already done
    Draining the river- A week (I'm not sure, I think that seems generous)
    Demo- I'm pretty sure the old fort and log cabin could be knocked down in a matter of hours how about another week of that clean up.
    Construction of new store and restaurant (I'm guessing a simple set up like Stage Door) a couple months.
    Trees- Foilage can be sectioned off and done when an area when ready

I dont see why you guys don't think it could be done that soon.

In the words of Mr. Disney
    "Nothing is impossible, it's just implausible"
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

I'm pretty sure that the river is engineered to drain within 2 days or less. Add a week for a good dry out and you've got a quick amount of time for crossing that hurdle. It's also safe to say that they have ways of spanning the river temporarily if need be for their equipment. Remember, the river is man-made with rails running through it for the boats. Knowing Disney, quick draining was thought of well in advance.

7 months is entirely feasible for a project like this (considering that politics and egos don't get in the way.) With the way things have been going on at the MouseHouse in regard to layoffs and firings, I can guarantee that WDI is going to do whatever the heck Burbank tells them to do and quick.

Of course, this thread is still all speculation until we see things happening 'over there.' Until then, let the debate rage over whether Disneyland is a museum or a constantly changing entertainment venue like Walt wanted.

- DPE
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast