Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Disney On Ice - DISNEYLAND ADVENTURE!

So, as an oddjob, my brother and I do street team for the Rabobank Arena & Convention Center here in Bakersfield. Today, my brother text messaged me and asked me to go pick up some posters at the Arena for Disney On Ice. I said, sure, whatever - not expecting anything exciting coming from the folks at Disney On Ice, probably just another Disney Princesses On Ice show, or maybe another Pixar on Ice... You know, nothing too exciting..

But when I get to the Rabobank to pick up the posters, I was pleasantly surprised to see a stack of posters with this design on them:

DISNEYLAND ADVENTURE

Needless to say, I'm stoked. Considering I get a couple of free tickets out of this gig, plus pay for doing street team, I'm very excited for this!

I checked the Disney On Ice website for more information, and it seems as thoguh they've worked out a different show for each side of the country. The show being advertised on DisneyOnIce.com is called:

Disney presents Pixar's
    THE INCREDIBLES
    IN A
    MAGIC KINGDOM ADVENTURE

Here's what the website says about the show:
    An incredibly fun time on ice!

Get ready to laugh, because The Incredibles are taking you on a super family vacation through the Magic Kingdom® Park with Mickey, Minnie and friends. See The Incredibles as they enjoy favorite Disney attractions, including "it's a small world", Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion and more! It’s a hilarious, action-packed adventure for everyone.

So... who's going to the show? If you're not in Bakersfield, check DisneyOnIce.com for more show dates.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-04-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disney On Ice - DISNEYLAND ADVENTURE!

Wow! This sounds really cool! I've always loved Disney On Ice, and it's coming to Long Beach in January!

• Rock Star Minion

Isn't Rabobank a European company? Dutch, according to the web site? And it sponsors an arena in Bakersfield??

And don't they know what sounds like, in English? Are they goading us to do that? Daring us, perhaps? What?

Also, is that where the Lakers play their always-sold-out exhibition game?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Isn't Rabobank a European company? Dutch, according to the web site? And it sponsors an arena in Bakersfield??

And don't they know what sounds like, in English? Are they goading us to do that? Daring us, perhaps? What?

I have no idea about Rabobank's origins. But our arena used to be called the Centennial Garden, but the city just couldn't keep financing it or something, so they shopped it out to some potential sponsors, and eventually Rabobank took over. There was a bit of controversy, and basically everybody in town still calls it the Centennial Garden despite Rabobank having its name and logo slapped all over the venue.

And yes, the Lakers play their always-sold-out exhibition game here. I do posters for it every year.

| | |

• n/a

Hey another person in Bakersfield! Originally this was supposed to be an Incredible in a Magic Kingdom Adventure. Cool that they changed this. Gotta get tickets (there's a 2 for 1 for Disney on Ice in Entertainment Coupon books).
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Princess of my own world

Yes it is a Dutch company and as Master Gracey said there was an upheaval here about the switch. Apparently they got something around $2 million dollars for doing this that they were going to put back into the city...have yet to see it though.

Back OT: I thought it was just the Incredibles..I didn't know it was the Disneyland Adventure! I definetly need to get tickets now.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• For You!

Great posters! Did you happen to get any extras for some well deserving MiceChatters?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Thanks for the info Master Gracey, my kids are going to love this one. Thanks a million!!!!!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

We are going to the Disney on Ice show in November in Seattle, I can hope that it is the Disneyland version, though I'm ok if it is the Magic Kingdom Adventure.
    Michelle

• Banned User

That's cool through that site I found out Monsters Inc on ice is back in Anaheim next March so I'm definately going to that I missed it 2 years ago.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Sounds awesome, can't wait for when it goes to Long Beach.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Great posters! Did you happen to get any extras for some well deserving MiceChatters?
    I'll have extra posters.

Maybe one day I can bring them to a MiceChat meetup if I ever finally make it out to one? Or you guys can PM me and we can arrange some posters-by-mail.

I won't have very many left, and you'll all have to wait until I finish putting up the ones I need to put up - but after that, whatever extras are left, are free reign for MC!

| | |

• I love my family!

Hey Bakersfield bunch,

Is that the same Arena where the Condors play? If it is, I really thought it was nice. I was up there a few years back for a Ice Dogs game.

Not to be overly picky, but what on Earth are you trying to say or ask here?

Another Bakersfield resident here. I'll be going to Disney's on Ice as well. As far as the Lakers playing their exhibition game this year, it moved to Fresno this year for some reason. Anybody going on opening day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast