Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Segway Returns! (?)

During the Rally, I was chatting with a CM at Innoventions and I mentioned how cool the Segway was when it was there. He agreed and said that they all cried when the Segways got taken away (presumably because of the recall) but they are coming back.

He also said that there would be a chance for guests to ride Segways through DCA next year. I know that this had been announced for AP holders before and never happened but this CM seemed pretty sure that it would happen this time. I really hope this happens!

Personally, the Segway ride I had was the neatest thing I have done at Innoventions and would like to see the whole place turned into a Segway test track.

Does anyone out there have any further information or thoughts on the subject?
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Segway Returns! (?)

I agree that the segways were by far the coolest thing to ever happen to Innoventions! I couldn't drive the thing for the life of me...apparently my weight isn't equally distributed...but yeah...sign me up for the Segway test track!!

I also have heard rumor of segways being available for guest in dca. It seems really dangerous to do it with other guests in the park, so it only makes sense that they would do it outside park hours, and if its outside park hours, there would be a fee for it. There would be a lot of paperwork and some impromptu training before they would let any of us ride a segway.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

what are the segways?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

The Segway tour in DCA was announced sometime last fall. If I'm not mistaken it was in the AP newsletter.

• Grumpy old man

Segways are quite popular up here in Northern California, I see a bunch in Benicia, mainly because there is a shop there. I would love to be able to try one out. I saw a CM on one during my trip, but didn't know there was anything in Innoventions about them.

I never saw anything in the AP newsletter last fall? But have to agree I think it would be cool if they brought them back to at least Innoventions! There is nothing else to do in there!

Amber

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    what are the segways?
    Usa made - person transportation

photo

for more information On segway http://www.segway.com
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• I meant to do that.

When I go to EPCOT in June, Im doing the World Plaza 3 hour tour on a Segway! Hope DCA gets em too!

• Disneyland or bust!

Tool and I were in Long Beach in August, we ALMOST rode a couple of Segways around the harbor area, but we decided to spend our $$ on something else instead at the last second! I had NO IDEA there was a recent recall on this! Gahhhh... my luck, I would SO have fallen off one.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post
    When I go to EPCOT in June, Im doing the World Plaza 3 hour tour on a Segway! Hope DCA gets em too!

A Three Hour Tour.....

For those who may not know, they used to have 2 Segways on the 2nd floor of Innoventions on a roped-off area with cones and things. The CM's would teach you really fast how to use one and take you forward, backward, and around a few turns. I went only one time and waited quite a while in line to ride one. I am not a big line waiter inner. It was really fun and somewhat strange at first but I really wanted to take one out and see what it could do outdoors.

DCA seems the perfect place since it is open, uncrowded, and contained. A CM told me earlier this year that one major reason they did not have the DCA Segway tour was because only the Innoventions CM's are certified trainers and they can not leave D-Land. Plus, there were not enough trainers to go around. I don't know if either is true.

In theory, participants to the DCA event would have a "crash" course in operating Segway, sign their lives away for litigation purposes, and be let loose in the park for a few hours. If they offer it, I will be there!

Segway rentals might even be a good way to bring guests into DCA permanently (unless of course the old-style CA look predominates). And I'm sure they would set up sobriety checkpoints.

• Rock Star Minion

Segways are a true waste of American innovation.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Segways are a true waste of American innovation.

Well, I am sure that some out there would say the same about POTC and the Haunted Mansion. But look at all the great things they gave us. Like....

POTC and the Haunted Mansion!

• Banned User

hmm.. segways are cool... futurustic... and work...

DCA is perfect for a segway tour such as those at epcot.. because it's wide open spaces... and they can do it in the morning or early afternoon in the off season...

who said the trainers have to be inniventions, they can get a contract for DCA CMs... heck, management at epcot are certified... lol I see them alot at that park, even in the parking lot of Epcot...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast