Exclamation It Should Be All About July 17th!

May 5th has now come and gone, and altho it was a fun and landmark moment, I do believe the real landmark/historic moment should be on the actual birthday, July 17th!

With so much fanfare and hype on May 5th, I worry that July 17th will not get the attention it rightfully deserves. I was going to video tape all the days festivities on May 5th, but then I thought about it and decided not to.

I want to save that special moment for July 17th, because that day will actually mark the official 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. I hope the folks at TDA or wherever have something exciting and fun planned for that day as a big surprise for all us Disney fans! Something that we can all talk about for years to come and say, *remember when?* Gee, that sounds like a song someone sings!

Anyway, what are your thoughts on what Disney should do special for July 17th only?

Patrick

• Parmageddon Jim

May 5th was consistently referred to as a "kick-off event." I'm sure that for July 17 there'll be rededications, special appearances, pins, t-shirts, cupcakes, confetti, balloons, Happy Birthday sing-along with Mickey conducting from the Matterhorn, etc. Space Mountain will be open, and I'm sure the ceremony will involve CM Matt announcing that right across Tomorrowland, the subs will be re-opening, more balloons, confetti, astronauts, Disneyland Ambassadors, the Disneyland Marching Band from the top level of the Carousel Building, etc. I'm sure they installed the Barbie railing on the Castle as a safety bar, I wouldn't be surprised if the Castle balcony gets some character action.
    What is it people actually want? I'm so happy with everything that's been done in the last year to bring the Park to a place where it actually exceeds its old standards, would I have wanted to wait until July 17? No way! There will be ceremony, there will be pomp, there will be surprises. This last week has given me absolute confidence that Disney Magic is no longer in short supply.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.