Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • phbbbbbt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    660

    We got a free ticket too, but...

    Well, it has my husband's name on it. He NEVER fills out anything. I did the online survey after our last visit, I'm the one registered with Disney online stuff, I'm the one who had the Disney Mag sub for years and years, I'm the one who enters contests and stuff.

    So, we've never had an AP of any sort. Are they just mailing these out to anyone in the phone book? Because honestly, that's about the only place to get my husband's name and address. Has anyone figured out the logic behind this mailing???

    And why can't the stupid thing be good until the end of the year? We're hoping to go in December, and there is absolutely no way we'll make it by Nov 15...
    xo, Deanna

  2. #2

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    32

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    I have no idea. It does seem like the majority of people getting the tickets are in SoCal though.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirepixie View Post
    I have no idea. It does seem like the majority of people getting the tickets are in SoCal though.
    Well yeah because if someone in AZ or Kansas got one it would be a waste. SoCal people are right here and most likely to go lol. I'd take anyone's free ticket off their hands, my mom really wants to to go the park for the Halloween stuff!

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    339

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Well yeah because if someone in AZ or Kansas got one it would be a waste. SoCal people are right here and most likely to go lol. I'd take anyone's free ticket off their hands, my mom really wants to to go the park for the Halloween stuff!
    Well I'm in Norcal. My AP is current. My wife's expired , we haven't renewed it yet. Don't know when we're going again. BUT...if she gets
    one in the mail...we are SO there. LOL

  5. #5

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    And why can't the stupid thing be good until the end of the year? We're hoping to go in December, and there is absolutely no way we'll make it by Nov 15...
    The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
    I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  6. #6

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
    I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.

    I am thinking that many folks have lost site of the fact that the Year of a Million Dreams and the prizes, give aways etc are part of a promotional campaign for Disney that seeks to maintain or surpass park attendance and guest spending over the 50th celebration. Many people posting on the various threads give me the impression that they think Disney owes them something and/or this campaign is about giving them something of personal value.

    Your response puts this into perspective.
    Minnietoo

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,787

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Well, it has my husband's name on it. He NEVER fills out anything. I did the online survey after our last visit, I'm the one registered with Disney online stuff, I'm the one who had the Disney Mag sub for years and years, I'm the one who enters contests and stuff.

    So, we've never had an AP of any sort. Are they just mailing these out to anyone in the phone book? Because honestly, that's about the only place to get my husband's name and address. Has anyone figured out the logic behind this mailing???
    Does he hold a Disney Visa credit card?

    But it is possible that it's a totally random target marketing (as contradictory as that sounds), though even that could be confined to a specific region. It's not really that uncommon, especially when they are looking to monitor redemption statistics for the benefit of future targetings.

  8. #8

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    I am thinking that many folks have lost site of the fact that the Year of a Million Dreams and the prizes, give aways etc are part of a promotional campaign for Disney that seeks to maintain or surpass park attendance and guest spending over the 50th celebration. Many people posting on the various threads give me the impression that they think Disney owes them something and/or this campaign is about giving them something of personal value.
    I completely agree. I said elsewhere that if I was in the park and was picked out, yes Id be happy. But if I didnt, oh well then. ITs any other day for me in my favorite place. As if this whole promotion isnt even going on.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Maybe they should give out free tickets to those who really need one and plan on using it and being thankful. Sick kids at CHOC for example.

  10. #10

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Disney could have actually purchased mailing lists for this campaign.
    Minnietoo

  11. #11

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Maybe they should give out free tickets to those who really need one and plan on using it and being thankful. Sick kids at CHOC for example.
    Im pretty sure they do things like that.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    134

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    My friend called me today and told me she got one in the mail addressed to the Davis family. But there was only one park hopper ticket. She's never had a season pass, and has only gone to disneyland once in the past 5 years. Strange.

  13. #13

    • phbbbbbt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    660

    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
    I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.
    Yeah, I know when they're busy. And no, you didn't miss a thank you. Oh wait, Thank you Disney Suits, for including me in your marketing campaign. Those were tears of joy last night, not tears of "sure do wish I could use this." Not tears of us po' So Cal folk who are lucky to work a Disneyland trip into our budget every few years. I'm not ungreatful for the ticket, but was disappointed that it was good for such a short time. There is no way my fam of 4 can afford a trip on such short notice. Getting one free pass just felt like such a tease. How do you suppose it'll feel to some kid in Inglewood who has never been to the park? Or someone on welfare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Does he hold a Disney Visa credit card?
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I completely agree. I said elsewhere that if I was in the park and was picked out, yes Id be happy.
    Ditto. If we make it to the park during this promo, and win, great. If not, great. I don't feel the park owes me anything extra. For the price of admission, I expect a clean park, rides that are fun, smiling CMs, just a standard Disney day.

Similar Threads

  1. [Rumor] Free Ticket in Your Lifetime?
    By DLFreak71 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
  2. [Question] Free Birthday ticket - can you give to someone else?
    By Mickey's Jedi in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:33 AM
  4. million dreams/ FREE TICKET!
    By dkutz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 12:39 PM
  5. Free AP Ticket
    By FI183 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 08:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •