• New Mexico DL Freak

TR Sept. 20-Oct.4

My wife and I visited DLR Sept. 29-Oct. 4. Instead of giving you a step by step account, Iíll just post some observations.

To begin with, I have to say we were VERY disappointed in the BB. We went there Oct. 3 for my birthday lunch on Tuesday. It started out well, got a waterside table in just a few minutes although they were crowded. No one in the boats shouted at us and there were no screaming kids in the restaurant. The waitress was right there and took our drink and appetizer orders. When she returned, she took our lunch orders of prime rib for my wife and seafood jambalaya for me, then disappeared never to be seen again. After about 30 minutes a waiter brought us the wrong order of Monte Cristos. He returned about 15 minutes later with the correct order. I tasted my wifeís prime rib, and I have had better roast beef, dry and tough. The carne adovado at Ranchos del Zocalo was more moist and tender. My jambalaya was okay, nothing special. After the waiter took away the dishes, we waited 20 minutes before he returned to ask about dessert, which we were going to order Ė I wanted to try the cookie boat Ė but we were so angry we declined. I even declined my complimentary birthday chocolate pudding dessert. Our tab came to $80. certainly not worth it. To make matters worse, we were seated next to where they deposit the dirty dishes and had to listen to that the entire time. What five star restaurant deposits dirty dishes in the dining room?

We went immediately to Guest Relations, the first time I have made a complaint in the nine years we have been going to DL. I havenít been able to find a DLR email address so I can also make a complaint there. If anyone has that address, I would appreciate it.

Other than the crowds, we had a great time. We thought we were going during a very slow time, but we were surprised. (See the an earlier thread about the crowds at that time.) I regularly read this and another DL board, and I must say I really was not looking forward to going. Was I surprised! The park look the best I have ever seen. The decorations were stunning. I did not encounter any rude adults and the CMs were always cheerful. I use an ECV and look healthy, but I didnít get any dirty looks or comments, although I donít look or listen for them either. One man even offered me a hand when I was climbing out of IASW. Whenever I had a near collision, apologies were always exchanged. My wife never was struck by a stroller, although I ran over her foot a couple of times. I saw only two people smoking where they shouldnít be. And I saw maybe three pieces of litter. In other words, we had a wonderful time.

I am now looking forward to going in May to celebrate my daughterís 21st birthday.

• New Mexico DL Freak

Re: TR Sept. 20-Oct.4

Uh, sorry. There is no earlier thread about crowds on this board.

• Neep meep beep

Wow, I am glad that you had a wonderful time (I was there the day after, and it seemed crowded to me, although ride times were low). I am sorry to hear you had a bad time at the Blue Bayou. Disneyland.com has a feedback page where you can send an email to guest relations.

• New Mexico DL Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Wow, I am glad that you had a wonderful time (I was there the day after, and it seemed crowded to me, although ride times were low). I am sorry to hear you had a bad time at the Blue Bayou. Disneyland.com has a feedback page where you can send an email to guest relations.
    I can't seem to find a link for feedback on Disneyland.com

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

You have to do a bit of searching....but here you go:
    https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

That stinks with your experience at BB. Looks like the rest of your trip was fun though.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by nmjohnston874 View Post
    I can't seem to find a link for feedback on Disneyland.com
    Looks like someone else beat me to it, but I was about to say:

CLICK HERE!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Looks like someone else beat me to it, but I was about to say:

CLICK HERE!
    In my searching for it, I found something I was going to ask a question about as well.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx