• Closet DLR fan

Worried about Halloweentime crowds...

I get, on average, one day at the parks a year, and this year it's Halloween. When I first found this out back in May or June, I posted on the boards with a handful of questions, and a number of people said it should be fairly uncrowded, that Halloween was never a big deal for Disneyland, and since it's on a Tuesday this year there shouldn't be any issues. Of course, this was long before Disney's No-off-season-ever-again Department announced their Halloweentime plans, and now I am worried.

I suppose my question here is, should I be worried? For me, it's worth going during the off-season because I am quite willing to trade ride closures (*sniff* for the Matterhorn, though) for a quieter park. For you APers that get to go all the time, does it seem like Halloweentime is drawing in larger crowds than usual? I'm wondering if Halloween itself is going to be a large draw, since it will be the last day... I will actually be in the Long Beach area all week, so I am wondering if it's worth it to try and talk my boyfriend and his sister into going later in the week instead, trading fun Halloween stuff for fewer people.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Re: Worried about Halloweentime crowds...

I don't think there will be a problem mid-week.
    Mike

• Neep meep beep

I am not sure that this first week of Halloweentime is a good indication, since Disney has heavily promoted this to passholders and the local public via billboards. But it does seem as though there is a slightly busier park compared to a normal October, although ride lines are pleasantly short.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Well...to compare, Wednesday, September 27 was pretty much a ghost town, with no lines to speak of in front of either park at 10:00 am. Compare that to October 4, during the first full week of the decorations, and the entry lines were averaging about 20 minutes and stretched well into the plaza area. As I was leaving last Wednesday, battalions of people had just arrived and were pouring down Mainstreet. Now...maybe there's no connection here, but it's hard not to believe that Halloweentime isn't bumping the numbers up. And I have a feeling that Halloween, even though it's on a Tuesday, will see some hefty numbers this year.

• Fallapart in my Backyard

I went on Wed the 4th and it was busy. Using the fast pass we got on the Haunted Mansion and Space mountain and the wait was only 15 minutes. If you go early you should be fine. Pirates was about 15 minutes as well. So yes it is will be busier than normal but nothing out of control like the summer. I am waiting till November to go back just cause I don't like the crowds.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I found the 4th really slow. I walked on to everything save Splash but that's no surprise because it was hot.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• The Fantasyland guy

The park seems busier, but the lines dont reflect that. I dont think you will be dissapointed!