Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Never Look Back

New Disneyland Resort Hotels...What Would You Want?

With Al's current update about the DLR Hotels, I am excited to see what everyone would want in a new hotel. I was very happy to read that they might possibly demolish the current DLH as well, because its appearance clearly dates itself. I know a lot of people will dearly miss the old hotel, but I think that this is LONG overdue...

Re: New Disneyland Resort Hotels...What Would You Want?

i'd personally really like to see a new hotel. but please dont demolish the disneyland hotel. I have many memories there, many people do, its the original, too.
    but i wouldn;t mind if they redid the paradise pier hotel...

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Thumbs up Re: New Disneyland Resort Hotels...What Would You Want?

First, let me say what I DON'T want. LOL. Then I'll go into what I DO want. I, in no way shape or form, want a POTC themed hotel. THAT would be going overboard!

Okay, now on to what I DO want....

- It would be nice to have a hotel with an aquatic theme. Perhaps even have their very own aquarium. It could either have a "Lilo & Stitch" theme, a "Little Mermaid" theme, or maybe just a generic theme, but with the typical Disney touch. They could bring over (yes, I know some of you are probably groaning at the thought of cloning something - but hey it's my dream! - LOL) from Typhoon Lagoon for the pool area.

- Also, what I'd ideally like to see is some of the shops ripped out of Downtown Disney and have the Grand Californian expanded to be bigger and better than it is.

- Also, a nice rainforest theme would be great...perhaps somehow either attatch or move the Rainforest Café to this hotel. It could include waterfalls, ceilings that change with the sunset/sunrise similar to that of the hotels in Las Vegas.

- Another hotel that I'd like to see built would be based on "The Lion King." A very cool African-styled hotel would be amazing. Just imagine the murals that could drawn on the walls, in the rooms, etc. They could bring "The Lion King" musical/broadway show to this hotel to perform. Perhaps build the hotel their very own theatre similar to how Celine Dion had The Colosseum built for her show, "A New Day..."

If I think of anymore I'll post them.

...Joe...
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 10-07-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Typo

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    - It would be nice to have a hotel with an aquatic theme. Perhaps even have their very own aquarium. It could either have a "Lilo & Stitch" theme, a "Little Mermaid" theme, or maybe just a generic theme, but with the typical Disney touch. They could bring over (yes, I know some of you are probably groaning at the thought of cloning something - but hey it's my dream! - LOL) from Typhoon Lagoon for the pool area.
    This would be cool! An aquatic theme could definitely fit into that area if they remove the Paradise Pier Hotel. I think a lot of guests would love this concept, esepecially the large aquariums inside.

Very creative...

Quote Originally Posted by Maseca View Post
    This would be cool! An aquatic theme could definitely fit into that area if they remove the Paradise Pier Hotel. I think a lot of guests would love this concept, esepecially the large aquariums inside.

Very creative...
    Thank you! I really wish that they'd do something with animals over here since AK did so well (at least I think it did.)

Thanks again!

...Joe...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

There is are some say that Disney Vacation Club is going bulid by Paradise pier or Disneyland hotel.

Type of room will be Studio
    One bedroom with Kitchens
    two bedroom with kitchens
    I do not know if they put in three bedroom
    Sound after work animal kingdom lodge or Disney's Contemporary Resort

there is not a lock in word about this.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Shablagoo!

I want a hotel themed to Maleficent's castle.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    One bedroom with Kitchens
    Yes, the kitchenette doesn't seem to be a very big thing in the US, and it is always handy and a hell of a money saver for those extended stays!

At any rate...

I think the main thing I'd like to see is a hotel with a consistent theme. Now, I'm no expert on Disney hotels (having only ever stayed in one in Hong Kong and several off-site hotels in Anaheim), but the Disney hotels that really appeal to me are the ones that have a consistent flow throughout. Taking the one I have stayed at as an example - Disney's Hollywood Hotel - the Art Deco theming is impeccable, right down to the fire hose reels. You literally feel as though you have stepped out of reality and into the 1930s.

So I have no particular preference as to the type of hotel, as long as it has a definite "feel" to it. The themes that work tend to be timeless ones - old Hollywood, the jungle/wilderness, quaint old world charm - so anything that doesn't date within 10 years is fine by me. I am a huge Art Deco fan, and while I don't think they should necessarily do another deco hotel - or even another Victorian-style one - these are the types of themes that I think work incredibly well over long periods of time.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Thank you! I really wish that they'd do something with animals over here since AK did so well (at least I think it did.)

Thanks again!

...Joe...
    There sin't enough space to have a wild anamial park here - unless of course Disney buys out half of Anaheim
    Minnietoo

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    There sin't enough space to have a wild anamial park here - unless of course Disney buys out half of Anaheim
    I wasn't meaning an animal park. All I was saying is that they could easily incorporate an aquarium. Those don't take up much space, but they could easily build a bigger than normal one if they totally took out PP and DH. They could have the aquarium on ground level and the rooms above.

...Joe...

• A Pirate's life for me!

A kids room suite. Like the one offered at the Residence Inn. An extra bedroom for the kids with a bunk bed, TV/DVD and their own bathroom. And a king size bed for the parents (with their own bathroom, and a TUB!)

Just add the kids suite and keep the price reasonable.

Sounds good to me!

• Never Look Back

A kid's suite is a good idea, especially for a place like DLR...

• The one, the only...

- Also, what I'd ideally like to see is some of the shops ripped out of Downtown Disney and have the Grand Californian expanded to be bigger and better than it is.

- Also, a nice rainforest theme would be great...perhaps somehow either attatch or move the Rainforest Café to this hotel. It could include waterfalls, ceilings that change with the sunset/sunrise similar to that of the hotels in Las Vegas.

- Another hotel that I'd like to see built would be based on "The Lion King." A very cool African-styled hotel would be amazing. Just imagine the murals that could drawn on the walls, in the rooms, etc. They could bring "The Lion King" musical/broadway show to this hotel to perform. Perhaps build the hotel their very own theatre similar to how Celine Dion had The Colosseum built for her show, "A New Day..."

If I think of anymore I'll post them.

...Joe...
    I was thinking along the same lines. I love the tropics. I would love a Polynesian Island theme. That would give you your fish, rainforest and water themes. I think of a good theme hotel of one that is themed to a place you would like to go but can't afford it.

The problem with hotels for Disneyland is Las Vegas. They have such amazing hotels that comparisons naturally rise. Still, I think a south seas island theme would be relaxing and still magical.

Of course, Disney already did this at the Polynesian Hotel in Orlando, but I would still love it on the west coast.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

I want a hotel themed to Maleficent's castle.

wow...this idea gave me goosebumps when i read it!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• LoisAlene

They could bring over (yes, I know some of you are probably groaning at the thought of cloning something - but hey it's my dream! - LOL) from Typhoon Lagoon for the pool area.

...Joe...

Bring over WHAT??

I like the idea of something with the aquatic theme - and yes bring over a decent water slide for the pool, please.
    I know they're not likely to put in anything that's budget priced (like at WDW), there's too many not-so-horrifyingly priced hotels nearby. I love staying at the Disney properties though so I'm willing to pay. Kind of. I'd love to stay at GCH but that price per night is a killer!
    So what do I want? Something not too expensive but with that Disney ambience they do so well. Something that gives you a lot of reasons to stay longer at the resort because there's even more than ever to Do. Something that's good enough I'm willing to leave the park in the middle of the day. Oh, and please run the Monorail over to my hotel because that walk home at night is a killer.
    I don't want Much!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast