• n/a

Some happy thoughts!

I know I speak for myself and a couple other members when I say we have been burnt out over heated TSI debates. Now, how about we share some happy thoughts? Why do you love Disneyland? I'll start. I love Disneyland because it gives me a place where I can be myself and geek out as needed. With the entire park being run like one big show, it is a utopia for a theatre greek like myself.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Some happy thoughts!

All my problems temporarily go away. I try not to think of anything outside of DLR while I'm there.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Popular Princess

1. i feel so at home there!

2. it is my favorite place!

3. i feel welcome!

4. i can TOTALLY geek out! (i am an admitted disney geek)

5. it is the only place i can hug a giant eeyore and get a hug in return!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    All my problems temporarily go away. I try not to think of anything outside of DLR while I'm there.
    Yup along those lines...

--I don't think about being out of a job
    --I don't think about dealing with my ex-husband (AKA the DEVIL) and dealing with court dates and paying my lawyer over $5000
    --I don't think about everything I lost monitarily because I moved to Washington.
    --And I don't think about so much else other than just enjoying myself with my son.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    I know I speak for myself and a couple other members when I say we have been burnt out over heated TSI debates. Now, how about we share some happy thoughts? Why do you love Disneyland? I'll start. I love Disneyland because it gives me a place where I can be myself and geek out as needed. With the entire park being run like one big show, it is a utopia for a theatre greek like myself.

Being a big theater geek myself...its cool to watch the CM's in character and such. Its also just a great place to be a...geek. haha YEAH!!!! YOU KNOW IT!!! U know its me in the park...cuz i shout that all day long

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• My laughing place

I love Disneyland because Its the park Walt created. I love the design of the park. I love the originality and creativity. I love how the park is set up as a "stage" and your the audience. All of this goes back to Walt and the sheer genius of the man.
    I feel welcome and at home there.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Bravo, demento. Great idea for a thread.

For me, it is a ritualistic act. I have to travel a great distance to get to the park, and once I am there, I felt as though the outside world had temporarily vanished. It is a cliche to say it is the 'Happiest Place on Earth', but you'd have to be very cyncical indeed to not just be happy by virtue of being in the place.

Since returning, I have had an uncontrollable urge to return there - an almost tangible separation pain like Ennis in Brokeback Mountain. Maybe not the greatest analogy, but the point still stands: once you've experienced the pure innocent joy of a magic kingdom, it is difficult to view the outside world in the same way again. Everything is so efficient in there, from crowd control to customer service. I think to myself "Why can't the real world be like this?"

The phrase "real world" is also quite telling. Disneyland is technically a part of the state of California, but once inside it is difficult to connect the place to anything else. As such, it does become a type of Utopia that we can measure everything else against. This is, I guess, why people get so passionate about debates such as TSI - the idea of altering paradise doesn't seem to gel, and most of us have lost site of the fact that it IS a business and it IS a theme park in the real world.

Still, I'm hopelessly lost in a sea of fandom. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• LoisAlene

I've loved Disneyland from the very first time I watched what I called "The WaltDisneyShow" (in COLOR). Watching Tink fly out and start the show started a lifelong love affair. I walk in the gates and I feel like I'm that 5 year old. My eyes almost pop trying to take in all the sights. I feel like skipping and I laugh a lot more. I love Disneyland because of it's originality and it's incredible show.
    Mostly, I feel as if I'm at home when I'm there - and I'm homesick when I'm not.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Bravo, demento. Great idea for a thread.

For me, it is a ritualistic act. I have to travel a great distance to get to the park, and once I am there, I felt as though the outside world had temporarily vanished. It is a cliche to say it is the 'Happiest Place on Earth', but you'd have to be very cyncical indeed to not just be happy by virtue of being in the place.

Since returning, I have had an uncontrollable urge to return there - an almost tangible separation pain like Ennis in Brokeback Mountain. Maybe not the greatest analogy, but the point still stands: once you've experienced the pure innocent joy of a magic kingdom, it is difficult to view the outside world in the same way again. Everything is so efficient in there, from crowd control to customer service. I think to myself "Why can't the real world be like this?"

The phrase "real world" is also quite telling. Disneyland is technically a part of the state of California, but once inside it is difficult to connect the place to anything else. As such, it does become a type of Utopia that we can measure everything else against. This is, I guess, why people get so passionate about debates such as TSI - the idea of altering paradise doesn't seem to gel, and most of us have lost site of the fact that it IS a business and it IS a theme park in the real world.

Still, I'm hopelessly lost in a sea of fandom. I wouldn't have it any other way.

My thoughts exactly - I live in Brisbane and the expense of the trip means I can only go every couple of years - Dec 2007!!!

For me, I love disneyland because I can become a kid again, at least until the park closes. You walk in, and as soon as you walk under those arches, you leave all your worries behind. The place is just so full of optimism and happiness that it is hard not to happy and enjoy oneself. Seeing all the little kids gasp in amazement when they see Mickey or Minnie Mouse just warms your heart.

When I go to the park I try to be as friendly as possible. If i see a family or group of people trying to take a photo of themselves, I will ask them if they would like me to take their photos. While waiting for the fireworks or another show, I will strike up a casual conversation, usually about Disneyland itself. I always try to make sure everyone can see, i dont want to block the the view of the 4-5 year old behind me. We are all there to have a good time, so why not do your best to make sure the people around you can have as good a time as you. I just love how almost everyone there is there to have a good time and be friendly to one another.

Although this is just a business, Disneyland is a place that people across the world have come to love. It always seems to have a special place in everyone's heart, I know it has one in mine. Its just tough to see attractions, like Tom Sawyer Island, change so drastically. For some odd reason one of my most vivid memories of my younger years, is running around Tom Sawyer Island on those bridges, with my squeaky Donald Duck hat on. The whole 50th Anniversary hit the nail on the head with the homecoming slogans, where many people find this business their home away from home. The "Family Time" of the Parade of Dreams was and is very true; when we go to Disneyland everyone there, including the characters and other CMs, is like a big family for that day. Most people who go to Disneyland, immediately fall in love with the feelings of Happiness, Optimism, Innocence, and Goodwill. That is what I have learned to love and appreciate about Disneyland.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

It is the Vatican for the Church of Walt.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• I love Mulholland Madness

I gotta love a place that can make me tear up joyfully multiple times in the span of a few days. I love that I can put on a pair of mouse ears (33 yr old adult woman no kids in tow) and frolick from land to land sustaining myself on churros and the fumes from POTC. Such a great place to geek out, chat with strangers, sing, skip, frolick and cavort. The world needs more happy places like Disneyland. Alas, I think it is a one of a kind.

Thanks for the great topic demento!
    Be Nice or Leave

• Found my prince!

Talking Re: Some happy thoughts!

Awesome topic! I also like that I can be silly and be a kid even though I'm not! Being able to see the childrens faces that are there for the first time warms my heart. I seem to smile all day long and I very happy when I'm there.

• I Love Teaching!

Visiting the park allows me to geek-out not only with my husband, but with all of the other Disney geeks as well. It takes my stress away!

• Defying gravity

Disneyland means no worries for the rest of my days........

Everything is satisfactual...........