Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Northwest Disneyphile

Relaxing, the cuban way

Howdy Do, Micechaters?
    I come to y'all with a question. A buddy of mine is taking a trip to disneyland in a couple of weeks. He asked me if I knew of any nice relaxing places on Disney property where he could enjoy a good cigar. I said " I don't know, but I'll find out."
    So anything, or is he going to have to go a week with out?
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Relaxing, the cuban way

There are designated smoking sections in the park, so I don't think that there will be any problem with it. One is by the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island dock in New Orleans Square/Frontierland, and the other is in Fantasyland, near the Matterhorn and Autopia area.

But the question is really, is it entirely appropriate to smoke a cigar in Disneyland? In my opinion, cigars not only emit smoke like cigarettes, which is invasive and unpleasant, but they also emit a strong scent. Some may like this, many probably dont. So I'd suggest that if your friend really needs their cigar, do it in a quiet corner somewhere in Downtown Disney, rather than inside the park out of courtesy to other guests in the parks.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

But the question is really, is it entirely appropriate to smoke a cigar in Disneyland?
    I agree, I don't Believe its and addiction. ( Can you imagine chain smoking cigars? eww. ) He seemed more interested in something akin to a lounge near the hotel. ( Grand Californian) I told him he can't smoke in or out side there room. He said he is just taking one to end a good vacation with.

Quick Question: Has any one ever seen some one smoking a cigar in either of the two parks? Seems strange to me. though i did see a man with a pipe near the hub once.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Found my prince!

I've never seen anyone smoking a cigar at the park. I saw a woman smoking a pipe once. Just looked a little strange to me!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Just keep that old stogie over at the smoking sections (the one by Thunder Mountain is very peaceful) and we'll all be happy.

• n/a

I'd imagine Downtown Disney would be a place. The only places I'm familiar with around the hotels is the route to the back enterance of DCA. But there is an outside area w/ benches.

But interest him in a Dole Whip instead...
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Minion

do they not have a cigar cart in downtown disney between the lego store and the jazz kitchen???
    Jason

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by yensid1987 View Post
    Quick Question: Has any one ever seen some one smoking a cigar in either of the two parks? Seems strange to me. though i did see a man with a pipe near the hub once.
    I did, once. I was coming back from my lunch, and I passed a guy holding a stinky lit up stogie. I stopped to inform him that there is no smoking in the park outside of the designated areas, and that he'd have to put out his cancer stick cigar immediately. He looked around and pointed out that there were no ashtrays around. My counterpoint was that there is no smoking permitted in the park. I ended up taking the stogie, saying I would dispose of it for him. I then dropped it into my soda cup once they were out of sight and threw the whole thing away.

• Elusive Member

Being a smoker myself I'm pretty up on the designated areas in DLR and WDW and I gotta tell ya that none of those areas would work very well for what this fellow is really looking for. Cigars are a special indulgence that should be enjoyed with other cigar smokers along with a nice glass of cognac. These guys need something the resorts don't encourage or provide.
    The one and only...The Original...
    Mountain Man

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

You know, when I visit the park I love to relax.

Does anyone know of any place in the park where I could light up a joint?

Kidding by the way.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Grand Californian Hotel - Napa Rose has a Cigar Lounge in back of the Regular Lounge Area, great place to relax have a smoke and a drink. Lit fire every night......perfect for your friend!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Northwest Disneyphile

post gone

• Northwest Disneyphile

Say, thanks for all the info. Your right Mountain Man, after some research of my own and help from all you, I was able to conclude he should trade the cigar for a chourro.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Grand Californian Hotel - Napa Rose has a Cigar Lounge in back of the Regular Lounge Area, great place to relax have a smoke and a drink. Lit fire every night......perfect for your friend!
    Just thought I'd clarify that this "lounge" is really an outdoor patio area with a fire ring and several small tables with chairs and ashtrays. Waiters serve outside so your friend can order a nice Port or something else to drink to accompany their cigar. The bar has a humidor with a limited selection of cigars to purchase (double retail price...natch), but your friend is welcome to bring their own smokes. Waitstaff also have cigar cutters and lighters.

Cigarette smokers use the same area, BTW.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Forget cigars...where can I get a really good Cuban Sandwich near the park?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast