• Shubisha

New PoD Introduction

Okay. Wow. Wow. I know the thread from yesterday which got me to go to the parks to record the new intro already balked at the new intro, but allow me to be the first to swear profusely about it.

It's the voice of Disneyland, he's slow and trying to be oooo aaaa dream dream dream dream but it drags on with large gaps as he's trying desperately to stretch time a bit and fill in the gaps with a few more dreams.

I made 2 recordings of it. First one a family came and sat by me unfortunately and the second one got some people walking in my way ugh. Oh well good enough

Warning: I proclaim "wtf was that" after hearing it for the first time and it's real late and I don't really feel like editing right now cuz I need sleep
    new_intro.m4a

And hey, while I'm here, pictures from today!

Once upon a time, a marvelous dreamer found the power to transform wishes into reality, and with just a sprinkle of pixie dust, a magical kingdom came alive for dreamers of all ages to enjoy. Soon the young at heart gathered from around the world, following their dreams to the place where anything is possible. The magic place where dreams come true. Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is dedicated to children of all ages, and to that special dream that first began when Walt Disney proclaimed "To all who come to this happy place, welcome."
    Last edited by almandot; 10-09-2006 at 02:22 AM. Reason: added pictures link

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: New PoD Introduction

The audio for Remember... Dreams Come True has changed as well. I believe the "50 years ago" was replaced, but wasn't paying attention. I did however take notice that during the finale, "50 years later" was replaced with "today"
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I don't think it's all that bad. I mean it's no Julie Andrews...::sob::...but it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully they'll get J.A. to record something by next year when, hopefully, it returns.

...Joe...

PS...Thanks for the file!

• Shubisha

In remember they changed "50 years ago" to "1955" and "50 years later" to "today" and that's it I believe.

wow....I really don't like it. The dialogue isnt as crisp as Julie's Intro. The kids laughing seems out of place in the new intro whereas it worked well in the original intro.

• The Fantasyland guy

Now that I have heard this as a "side-by-side" compairison, I realize how good Julie's voice really was. I never got tired of her voice.

Disney really should re-dp everything as her! She was really good!

I dont think the new voice is bad, it's just no where near as good.

• Banned User

Wow. I'll have to chekc all these new changes out tomorrow!

• Shubisha

It's not his voice I'm bothered by really. He's obviously got a great voice, and I've got nothing against him in all the other stuff he does for the park. It's what he has to say, how little he has to say over a long period of time, and his manner of speaking for what he has to say vs the style of parade.

• Banned User

so DL is still doing the fireworks show? I was under the impression that remember was leaving after the 50th. Personally am glad it's still there and hope it will be there next summer. It's one of the best fireworks shows I have seen.

• Former Loiterer

I have to say, your commentary with the music behind it is absolutely hilarious!
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

• Minion

wow

that sounds pretty lame