• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

Question Getting into Mickey Parking Structure (Crazy Story)...

I've always loved how Disney always seems prepared. There is always enough room for a really long line, enough cones and crowd control to keep everything moving smoothly (except for main street after a parade!!)

But Friday afternoon we were trying to get into Mickey parking structure and four lines were opened, but two of them led to a closed booth!!! So you had two lines merging into two other lines at the last moment. At one point three lines had to merge into one!!! It took 20 minutes just to get into the structure. Anaheim PD was there but they were off to the side observing. One CM waved us through without charging us or looking at out APs to see if we had parking. We told the next CM that people were getting pretty agitated way back there and that they should put some cones farther out to let people know of the situation. He just said thanks. Totally weird....not charging for parking, enough CM standing around to open 2 more booths, Anaheim PD off to the side, and the biggest traffic mess you have ever seen.

Anyone notice this?

On an unrelated note, our record for entering the parking structure and getting to the Mickey floral was an hour and 30 minutes. Crazy!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Getting into Mickey Parking Structure...

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    On an unrelated note, our record for entering the parking structure and getting to the Mickey floral was an hour and 30 minutes. Crazy!

That is just crazy! I don't even think it took us that long when were were there for 5/5/05!

Thru the Candy Cane Forest in the Land of the Misty Chocolate Hills

Re: Getting into Mickey Parking Structure (Crazy Story)...

We were also there on 5/5/05. I was surprised at how quickly we got in. It's been much worse on other days.

• It's all nonsense

Last month I noticed a similar situation. There was no indication when entering the structure of which lines were open. There were cones merging several lanes, but they were almost in front of the booths. They need big neon signs tell you what lanes are open.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    OMG!!! I did have to wait about 35 minutes to get into the parking structure the morning of the 5K familiy fun run. This was at 9:45 so I thought that the crowds would be down. Boy was I wrong.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Earth Intruder

Saturday around 10am was horrid. Again they had 4 lanes open, and the lines went outside the structure and around the corner.

The whole thing was exacerbated by the fact that they had lots of lanes merging (i.e. if you were on the left side, you had to merge two lanes to the right, AFTER you entered the structure.) I don't understand why they don't have the red/green lights indicating lanes open or closed outside the structure.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

Yep I was there on 05-05-05 and it wasn't that mad. Then again if the line was that long I'd park my car at my house 2 minutes away and walk lol.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Have I mentioned lately that I loathe parking structures...and that the Mickey and Fiends structure is one of the more user-unfriendly that I have ever encountered, for reasons posted above and several others?

Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for letting me share.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I don't understand why they don't have the red/green lights indicating lanes open or closed outside the structure.
    Thats exactly what my mom said yesterday when we got there. The lights are almost right above the booths waaaaaaaay down at the other end.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Saturday around 10am was horrid. Again they had 4 lanes open, and the lines went outside the structure and around the corner.

The whole thing was exacerbated by the fact that they had lots of lanes merging (i.e. if you were on the left side, you had to merge two lanes to the right, AFTER you entered the structure.) I don't understand why they don't have the red/green lights indicating lanes open or closed outside the structure.

I was not happy yesterday entering the parking structure. And it didn't help that this horrible woman with a gawd awful fugly perm would not let me merge into her lane. The icing on the cake was when she struck up a conversation with the parking lot CM.

I'm very happy MTNGIRL was with me. She's a very calming influence.

• Artsy Fartsy

There has been tighter security around the parking structure since the two robberies. Maybe thats the reason for the merging of the lanes and the police.!!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]