Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Four days of fun and laughter with fellow Micechatters!

Hi Folks!

Even though it's late and I'm exhausted, I thought I'd start a report of what we've been doing the last four days!

Karla arrived in San Jose bright and early on Friday morning and after we retrieved her luggage , we went on a wild ride over Hwy 17 to the Santa Cruz area. We stopped at Disney MeiMei's house first for a tour and coffee and homemade Baklava from Karla's Mom! Yummy!! Next we stopped at my house to drop off Karla's luggage and give her a tour. Then we went down to the Capitola mall and met Pixywings for lunch at Chili's to celebrate her birthday! After that , we went back to my house and picked up my hubby, son and daughter and headed up the coast to Half Moon bay where we met Susana and her darling daughter! Then we drove over Hwy 92 and up to the Daly City BART station where we picked up Trekkie Dad!! After that , it was up to San Francisco where we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and back, drove down Lombard Street, and then drove down to Fisherman's Wharf and ate dinner at Bubba Gump's. We followed that with dessert at Ghiradelli Square and then dropped off Trekkie Dad at a SF BART station and headed home! It was midnight by the time we got back. We were exhausted but it was a wonderful day!

Here are some pictures.......

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Four days of fun and laughter with fellow Micechatters!

• Shubisha

Lovely shot of the golden gate. And yay for Bubba Gumps =D Where was Forest on his bench? i don't care if it's late, he doesn't have anywhere to go!

• Rally Time!

Hi! nice!! your avatar says getting ready to go to Anaheim - are you headed there this week?!? me and the girls are....and then again two weeks later!
    a friend of Walt.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Minion

I can't get over the look of glee on PB's face while holding that paddle!
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones View Post
    Hi! nice!! your avatar says getting ready to go to Anaheim - are you headed there this week?!? me and the girls are....and then again two weeks later!
    She was there this last weekend!!! Stay tuned, I'm sure more pictures are on the way!!!!

What a great report so far!! You and Karla are great fun to hang out with! I know you guys had a blast even before you got to SoCal!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• For You!

Ahhh, Ghiradelli Square - the place where dreams are made. Those hot fudge sundaes are to die for!

So far, sounds like fun!!! and the pictures of you guys are too cute!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones View Post
    I'm always getting ready to go to Anaheim! LOL But no, I'm not headed there this week because I was just there this past weekend! Sorry to miss you and your girls again! You're going to love all the Halloween decorations!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I can't get over the look of glee on PB's face while holding that paddle!

The fact that you didn't seem to mind if I actually paddled you with that thing is exactly why I didn't actually do it!! Couldn't let you have any fun!!! LOL

We got home so late that night and had to get up very early the next morning to catch our 8 am flight out of San Jose. Ken dropped off Karla and me at the curb with our luggage and we got it checked in pretty quickly but then we had to wait in the security check line that was so long that we were actually standing in the parking garage at one point! By the time we got through the checkpoint , it was 2 minutes till 8 so we ran in our sock feet to the gate and got on the plane just in the nick of time. We sat next to a very nice guy and excahnged blonde jokes part of the way . Then we told him we were going to DL to meet a bunch of friends and he asked us "Where are all your kids?" and started laughing at us when we told him we were going with a bunch of grown ups!!!

We had been so busy the night before that we had forgotten to call Scubabe to tell her when and where we would be arriving. Thank goodness she guesses SNA and 9:30 am because that was right on the money!! LOL

Before heading to DLR, we made stops at the Disney Warehouse and Target. The Disney Warehouse had a lot of good stuff this time....I saw a lot of the long sleeve shirts and fleeces that they're currently selling at DL , but for cheaper prices of course!

While driving down Harbor to get to the resort, we saw a guy in one of the wildest trucks ever. It had falmes and skeletons and devils all over it! Scubabe kept zooming up next to it so Karla could take pictures of it . What they don't know is that I kept pointing to Karla and mouthing the words "My friend loves you! " to the guy!!! I don't think he noticed either!

We had to make one last pit stop at the ABC store to get limes. It cracked me up when I walked by about 15 guys of all different ages standing out in front shoving as much cheap food as they could get into their mouths so they wouldn't have to pay expensive amounts of money to get very little food inside the resort!

We finally got to the DL Hotel around noon, but our room wasn't ready yet so we headed over to the Lost Bar for some drinks and food and to wait fore the rest of our gang! Matt and Michelle and Adam got there pretty quickly and Penguin Soda showed up shortly after that!

(More pictures in a while. I have to take the kids to school now! )

• For You!

I'm just dying with anticipation for the next round!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• love my friends

great report so far PB

Friends for life

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yay! I saw you guys for about 2 seconds Sunday morning by ToT. Karla was on a motorized wheelchair, right?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Wow, I had no idea that you guys were making a full California vacation out of the trip. You kids get around!
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Awesome story, I love the picture of the Golden Gate bridge.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

And you guys didn't let me know you were up here in my area?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Back After Missing MC

I can't wait to see the next round of photos! Wow, I now realize just how boring my life is after reading these crazy trip reports

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast