Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Usually MChatters (and MiceAge) beats everyone else on the latest
    info, but.... saw the pics for "Golden Screams" at Al's former site
    yesterday, was hoping that someone would write something about it here...

    Anyone seen this show yet? What do you think? Anyone knows what's
    going here after the Halloween? I assume that it's not going to be
    Golden Dreams.

  2. #2

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Theres actually been quite a few people who have reported on it in their trip reports.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  3. #3

    • A New Kind Of Villain
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Garden Of Time
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    I posted not only a report, but full video of the show in my first "Halloweentime Extravaganza!" thread:

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39550

    After Halloween it should go back to good old Golden Dreams. I don't see why not. Actually at this point, I'll take Golden Dreams back. Golden Screams is incredibly underwhelming.
    Julie Rei

    "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

    "I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

  4. #4

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Yes, I wrote a full report in Max Fischer's "Fall Disneyland 101" thread, as follows:

    "Golden Screams is in the theater formerly known as Golden Dreams, and while waiting in line, a cast member asks people to scream and records their opinions on your scream. As you enter the theater, and a live cheesy MC informs you that you're part of an academy awards(tm) type show where an award will be given to the baddest Disney villain.

    If you were in the show I was in, the DVD player then breaks down for 20 minutes, and just says "Tascam DVD Player". Once fixed, they show clips of Disney villains from the evil queen in Snow White, up to Ursula in The Little Mermaid, and then show you clips from the six finalists, and ask you to vote by yelling among the following:

    1. The evil queen from Snow White;
    2. Stromboli from Pinocchio;
    3. Malificent from Sleeping Beauty;
    4. Captain Hook from Peter Pan;
    5. Chernabog from Fantasia; and
    6. Another one I can't remember, I believe it was "Minerva" from "The Rescuers."

    The MC then informs you that it's close, and asks the magic mirror from Snow White to decide -- and the magic mirror indicates that someone in the audience actually is the best villain, based on their scream.

    The kid from the audience pre-selected comes up, gets a prize (in my showing it was a pin set), and then applause, interrupted when one of the villains shows up in person, and says that they were robbed of a prize.

    Shock, then laughter, then applause, and then it's over, and you get to meet and greet villains outside the theater."

  5. #5

    • A New Kind Of Villain
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Garden Of Time
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    If you were in the show I was in, the DVD player then breaks down for 20 minutes, and just says "Tascam DVD Player". Once fixed, they show clips of Disney villains from the evil queen in Snow White, up to Ursula in The Little Mermaid, and then show you clips from the six finalists, and ask you to vote by yelling among the following:

    1. The evil queen from Snow White;
    2. Stromboli from Pinocchio;
    3. Malificent from Sleeping Beauty;
    4. Captain Hook from Peter Pan;
    5. Chernabog from Fantasia; and
    6. Another one I can't remember, I believe it was "Minerva" from "The Rescuers."
    Actually it's Madame Medusa who's the villain from "The Rescuers". She has such fabulous hair

    I guess the villains change, we had:

    1. Evil Queen (Snow White)
    2. Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
    3. Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)
    4. Stromboli (Pinnochio)
    5. Queen of Hearts (Alice In Wonderland)
    6. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

    The part that really bugs me is that they use non-remastered clips of the films. The clips from Sleeping Beauty look horribly faded, while the Special Edition DVD they released a few years ago has vividly brilliant colors. I should know. I watch my Sleeping Beauty DVD almost on a daily basis.

    Just in case, here's the link to the video of the full Golden Screams show:

    Golden Screams - Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEjfP6yziA

    Golden Screams - Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXUcDBQOdc

    Golden Screams - Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZs_mf15-c

    And please read my signature before asking me why you can't see the videos... it really gets frustrating to have it asked every single time I post videos.
    Julie Rei

    "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

    "I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

  6. #6

    • See you there!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Hub between Goofy and White Rabbit
    Posts
    5,503

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Has anyone posted public vids of Golden Screams?

    It seems that the only vids are in a private account, and I have no need of a YouTube account (too many accounts too many places, I don't need more)

    Thanks,

    CU@DL

    Andy

  7. #7

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Actually it's Madame Medusa who's the villain from "The Rescuers". She has such fabulous hair

    I guess the villains change, we had:

    1. Evil Queen (Snow White)
    2. Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
    3. Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)
    4. Stromboli (Pinnochio)
    5. Queen of Hearts (Alice In Wonderland)
    6. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

    The part that really bugs me is that they use non-remastered clips of the films. The clips from Sleeping Beauty look horribly faded, while the Special Edition DVD they released a few years ago has vividly brilliant colors. I should know. I watch my Sleeping Beauty DVD almost on a daily basis.

    Just in case, here's the link to the video of the full Golden Screams show:

    Golden Screams - Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEjfP6yziA

    Golden Screams - Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXUcDBQOdc

    Golden Screams - Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZs_mf15-c

    And please read my signature before asking me why you can't see the videos... it really gets frustrating to have it asked every single time I post videos.
    I think you are right - I don't believe I had the villains reported correctly from my faulty memory!

  8. #8

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Thanks, Sadako & Froggy!

    Personally speaking, they could do an interesting meet "Santa and Jack Frost"
    show there (not saying anything about how well Santa Clause 3 will do) :-)

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    I too would appreciate a public link to this... The lines were too long for us to bother with it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  10. #10

    • Fight On for ol' SC!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    915

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I too would appreciate a public link to this... The lines were too long for us to bother with it.

    Here is a qoute I'd never think to see about the Golden Dreams Theatre! I almost died laughing at this thought!





  11. #11

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Say what you want about Golden Screams (and I have), but one thing is for sure - it's packing that theater to capacity at every showing!

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    347.75 Miles From DL Hub
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    The answer is simple. Golden Screams is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    636

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    The answer is simple. Golden Screams is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.
    But a heck of a lot more popular than it's previous form.

  14. #14

    • DCA lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Hippiest Place on Earth
    Posts
    453

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    ...If you were in the show I was in, the DVD player then breaks down for 20 minutes, and just says "Tascam DVD Player"...

  15. #15

    • A New Kind Of Villain
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Garden Of Time
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: huh? No report on Golden Screams?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I too would appreciate a public link to this... The lines were too long for us to bother with it.
    They are public. Even Visions Fantastic requires you to register before downloading their videos...

    You'd think if you really wanted to see them you'd take the 30 seconds it would amount to to register an account and PM me the name, rather than spending hours scouring the internet for something that quite possibly doesn't exist.

    It's not like you have to pay to gain access to the videos. If you want to see the videos, they're fully available to be viewed.
    Julie Rei

    "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

    "I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Golden Dreams/Screams
    By Kuzcochik in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
  2. [Chat] Golden Screams?
    By KatieBaby55 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:50 AM
  3. Golden Screams - What is it?
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:51 AM
  4. Golden Screams: A screamer's Story!
    By Sub_Voyage fan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:44 AM
  5. Golden Screams
    By crazy go nuts in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 07:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •