DCA question about Millionaire

Has anything been announced in reguards on what to do about the millionaire building? I know turtle talk is coming to DCA but wasnt sure if its giong in there or somewhere else in the park.

Turtle Talk is going in the Animation Building where "One Man's Dream" used to show. I was hoping they'd take the WWTBAM building and add it to the upcoming Monster's Inc. dark ride. The could fit a lot of doors in that buidling!

• CM for 4 years!

So then is "One Man's Dream" closed? Is that the show about the history of the Disney animation studios with a painfully long intro by Eisner? If it is, I've already seen it, and don't need to see it again. But if it isn't that one, then I DO need to see it before it goes away.

according to some very reliable sources the Entertainment department has control over the Millionare building and there are several concepts being tossed around for that building

most of them are shows though (as opposed to rides)

nobody knows when they'll put something into that building though

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    according to some very reliable sources the Entertainment department has control over the Millionare building and there are several concepts being tossed around for that building

most of them are shows though (as opposed to rides)

nobody knows when they'll put something into that building though
    This is good news if it's true! I love Disney rides. But, the shows are my favorite. Let's hope for something really really good! PLEASE GOD....not ANOTHER Playhouse Disney!!!!!!

• Rainicorn.

At least it won't be turned into a store.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    At least it won't be turned into a store.
    Not with Matt at the helm! Although, if Cynthia had her say she'd turn it into a Mon$ter$, Inc./GAP store...forget GAP(not expensive enough)...Banana Republic(same company, higher prices!)...in case anyone is wondering, Cynthia Harri$$(former President of Disneyland) is now VP of Gap, Inc.(Old Navy, GAP, and Banana Republic) under none other than the infamous Paul Pre$$ler!!!!! So, buy clothes at the GAP before they ask Iger for their job back!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRDCA_Jerry
    Has anything been announced in reguards on what to do about the millionaire building? I know turtle talk is coming to DCA but wasnt sure if its giong in there or somewhere else in the park.
    Too bad American Idol is FOX not ABC, it could be a place to tape the show.

Of course the 3 stars would have to travel to OC by helicopter.

But I never understood why they don't use DCA as a sattelite DISNEY studios, they could run REGIS and KELLY and shows with only a few cast members and do tapings in there, that would be a real draw to tourists from out of town. Especially if a hit sitcom was actually shot on a stage at DCA. DISNEY CHANNEL could do something good with it even.

Why does a motion picture studio operate a theme park that's just a fake movie studio? Why not operate a real studio that guests can visit like Universal does. I know nobody wants to shoot anything in ORLANDO and it didn't really work for Disney and Uni out there but this is a 20 min heli ride from Burbank isn't it?

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Hey, they have done it with Power Rangers and Digimon, maybe they can do it with American Idol, but thats' practically another playhouse Disney, i know thats an attraction i would waste my time on.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Hey, they have done it with Power Rangers and Digimon, maybe they can do it with American Idol, but thats' practically another playhouse Disney, i know thats an attraction i would waste my time on.
    Power Rangers, Digimon and the rights to Fox's old programming (the old animated Spiderman show which was quite good along with the old Xmen show and a few other things like I think Eek the Cat?) were all bought with Fox Family (basicaly everything done by Saban entertainment which had been providing Fox's entire lineup since WB pulled Tiny Toons and Animaniacs for their own Kids WB channel stuff)

it's funny though

technicaly Power Rangers fits the California theme because it was filmed in California and according to Disney every season was set in California (most seasons already stated they were in California but one or two were rather vague on setting Disney went out of it's way to say it's all in California still) of course the first thing Disney did upon gaining rights to the show was send production off to New Zealand (it already costs litteraly pennies to produce)

I think DIsney's smart enough not to build an attraction on em though they change every season (because of Sentai and Fox already learned you can't keep the same cast/theme going because american footage is uber expensive)

Disney got to translate one season of Digimon before the Japanese creators decided they didn't want to make anymore (Disney's Season 4 did alright with the chillun but at this point it was no were near the blockbuster type viewings fox had got from the show)

I really wouldn't want American Idol there though o_o

I think the gameshow idea was now decent if it's going to be entertainment

I mean acting shows arn't going to be that great if you ask me I mean they've already got the Hyperton (which is the most advanced Disney theator setup in a Disney park right now I hear) and then they have the Duh stage for other acting type things and does playhouse Disney count?

they'd need whatever goes into Millionare to be distinctly different and yeah I'd like interactive too

either that or I'd want a ride but Entertainment has got the building under their control now

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    They should have something with special effects in there--a.k.a. a stunt show. That's one of the few very popular things that MGM has that the DLR lacks anything similar to.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

5 words: Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    5 words: Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    Wow, that would be awesome. I love that show! I'd totally support this great idea. If I could see Whose Line live, I would definitely actually GO to DCA.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

HOW BOUT..A queue that would lead behind monster inc and would go into the show building which would be rock n rollercoaster ala H&D... monster inc is ok where it is.. but we need rockin roller coaster.. hahahaha im still hoping for that ride..
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!