• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Question The Final Frontier?

Whenever i go to DL I always skip Frontierland! Why? I HAVE NO CLUE! I think it may be because i never notice it there? Hmm...maybe its because I havent seen anything all that new about it. Anyone think that it can be improved, like what they're doing with Tomorrowland (Tomorrowland Terrace)? Make it more frontier-like maybe?

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Defying gravity

Re: The Final Frontier?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    Whenever i go to DL I always skip Frontierland! Why? I HAVE NO CLUE! I think it may be because i never notice it there? Hmm...maybe its because I havent seen anything all that new about it. Anyone think that it can be improved, like what they're doing with Tomorrowland (Tomorrowland Terrace)? Make it more frontier-like maybe?
    Well, I don't know either. I personally like Frontierland. How can you not notice that it's there. ROA is kinda hard to miss......

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I hardly ever walk through the gates of Frontierland. I usually walk from Advendureland and then make my way to Fantasyland using Big Thunder Trail. But I do walk around Frontierland, just not the main gate. The only time I use it is during crowd control for the fireworks.
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 10-11-2006 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added stuff
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

I love frontierland. I just wish they had more stuff. How can you skip BTMRR?
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Lack of attractions.

Once TL gets back up on it's feet, I say that this land needs some attention. It used to have just as much movement as the old TL.

I do love BTMRR wholeheartedly, but it certainly changed the state of the land as a whole. I believe that there's still plenty room within Frontierland to add in some more excitement (not enetertainment, but rides) to make the area a little more interesting again.

Why not create an attraction based on the tales of the old west? American youth are starting to forget the stories, or just aren't taught it...Disney made animated shorts about our old heroes. Time to rivive them to keep them alive. Paul Bunion, Pecos Bill, Annie Oakley, Bess Call...I could go on and on.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I go to everyland becuase there's at least one thing I like in each land and seeing how BTM is my second favorite ride I never miss Frontierland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Different strokes for different folks. I usually don't hang out in Tomorrowland much. Other than Mainstreet, Frontierland/New Orleans Square are my favorite places to be.

Frontierland is one of my favorite lands as a whole. Very scenic and I love going around the scenic Rivers of America on the Mark Twain. Very beautiful. Kind of sad to think that might change...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It is simply inconceivable to me that one could simply just skip Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Lack of attractions.

Once TL gets back up on it's feet, I say that this land needs some attention. It used to have just as much movement as the old TL.
    Well, if by old TL, you mean the TL circa 2003 and 2004, when the
    only movement in TL was the slowly rotting, er, rotating Innoventions
    and Autopia, Yeah Frontierland did have as much movement as the
    "old" Tomorrowland.

Naw, if you go back the Tomorrowland of the 60's, 70's and 80's, TL
    had MUCH more movement than Frontierland. Heck, that's what the
    theme of TL was ~ movement, motion.

MAYBE on opening day there was more movement in Frontierland

• Banned User

In the crazy-for-Westerns (and pre-New Orleans Square) 1950s and early 1960s, it was chock full of attractions and people (especially kids) eager to act out their Wild West fantasies for real. You had the Frontierland Shooting Gallery (which used to have huge lines), you had Sluefoot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue, you had the Rainbow Mountain Stagecoaches, Rainbow Ridge Pack Mules (later renamed Pack Mules Thru Nature's Wonderland), and Rainbow Caverns Mine Train (later Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland) all traveling through what is now the Big Thunder area (that's three separate attractions instead of one, folks), you had Conestoga Wagons, you had the Mark Twain Riverboat and later the Sailing Ship Columbia traveling the Rivers of America (and we still do), you had the Mike Fink Keel Boats, you had Tom Sawyer Island on which to explore and have adventures (and the Tom Sawyer Island Rafts to get there), and you had the Indian Village, Indian Village Rafts and the Indian War Canoes (later the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes).

For shopping, there was the Davy Crockett Arcade shop, Pendleton Woolen Mills Dry Goods Store, the Mineral Hall Shop, the Indian Trading Post, and the Frontier Trading Post.

For dining options, there was the Golden Horseshoe Saloon, the Chicken Plantation restaurant, Aunt Jemima's Pancake House (later Aunt Jemima's Kitchen), Don DeFore's Silver Banjo Barbecue Restaurant, the Oaks Tavern restaurant, and the Casa de Fritos restaurant.

Today, what do we have?

The Mark Twain Riverboat. The Sailing Ship Columbia (sometimes, and only during the day). The Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes (during the day). A seriously compromised and neglected Tom Sawyer Island (during the day, and half of which is off-limits thanks to the lawyers). Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Golden Horseshoe Saloon (can't call it a "saloon," say the lawyers, some idiot might think there were drunks inside or free beer for the frat boys). The Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (what, "shooting gallery" made people think it was an alley full of heroin addicts in Walt's park? Riiiiiiight....again, thank the lawyers for that one). Pioneer Mercantile. Bonanza Outfitters. Westward Ho Trading Company (apparently fudge, gourmet chocolates, cookies, and jelly beans were pretty hot trading items in the Old West....). Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante. The River Belle Terrace. The Stage Door Cafe. Conestoga Fries (because we all know that French Fries were eaten commonly by the pioneers. In fact the Indians set up drive-thrus for them along the Oregon Trail... [smilie=1,22,4])

Frontierland seriously needs revival, but I don't honestly see it happening anytime soon, thanks to the meddling of the lawyers, the bean counters, and the nitwits in the executive offices in Burbank. Which is a definite shame, because it once was thriving land. Now it's just another wing of Disneymall.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Paul Bunion
    Sorry, but it's Bunyan, not bunion. A bunion is a foot ailment. The tall tale character is not Paul Footailment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

One thing I really like about Frontierland is its expansiveness. Stand over by the Columbia dock in front of the Haunted Mansion sometime and just gaze at the vista across the Rivers Of America. You really get a sense that you're in a real place rather than a corner of a theme park.

I miss the unique shops. I miss the Keel Boats. I do miss the Mine Train, but I do like BTMRR. The food used to be better.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I can't stand Big Thunder Ranch. I'd love discovery bay to go in there, but I also love the Big Thunder Trail...

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Hmm...i kinda agree with you! i like big thunder mountain but what else has this land got...i think it could improve a lot.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!