Thread: Villain's Lair

Villain's Lair

Hey everybody!!! I took a trip to the park yesterday and it was great! The lines were awesome!! Anyhoo I saw this and wanted to ask you experts about it. I remember a villain store called Villain's Lair that used to be where the Heraldry store is but that was a long time ago. I looked at the castle and saw this where the walkthrough used to be. Is this a new coming attraction? Or a new store? THANKS!!!

Re: Villain's Lair

naw, just a villains meet and greet.
    sorry...

it was originally used as a promotion for the "Narnia" DVD, and it was used to meet and greet the Ice Witch.
    But, they kept it and turned it into a villains section.

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    naw, just a villains meet and greet.
    sorry...

it was originally used as a promotion for the "Narnia" DVD, and it was used to meet and greet the Ice Witch.
    But, they kept it and turned it into a villains section.
    ahh I see. Thanks!!!!

• Minion FOREVER!

Another tidbit... that rectangular door (center right) was the exit to the
    Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. The entrance to the walkthrough was on the other
    side of the castle between the statuette and the side walkway to Frontierland.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

And a little to the left of Crystalzi's picture above, between the Tomorrowland path passageway and the Peter Pan ride was a merchandise shop named (strangely enough) Villains Lair. Built about 4 or 5 years ago to specialize in "Disney Villains" merchandise, and open for a couple of years - though they were open several months before they got a sign erected, and the foot traffic was all "Hey, what's in this open door?..."

Very tight quarters in there, only a few hundred square feet with a two-step level change at the rear (south), a few blind corners (Loss Prevention must have hated that) and a lot of built-in shelving to eke out a few more square feet by pushing the walls out around columns and unmovable items.

But the shop location was closed and abandoned again last I checked - if they can't sell a lot of merchandise it isn't worth paying to open and staff the location every day - Oh Well.... They simply recycled the store name as a "Meet & Greet" location.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Miss Marvel

It was my favorite store! I got this beautiful poster of the disney villians from Steamboat Willie up to Hercules. Goregous! I got it framed (the only thing I've professionally framed in my life!) and it hangs over my bed. I looooooooooooove it! And I miss that store so much.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

But the shop location was closed and abandoned again last I checked - if they can't sell a lot of merchandise it isn't worth paying to open and staff the location every day - Oh Well.... They simply recycled the store name as a "Meet & Greet" location.

--<< Bruce >>--
    I believe that's where the Family Crest store is now. I can't remember what they moved into the old location in the castle.

• Banned User

Its all a fad. Before that was the Narnia meet and greet.