• Minion

NPR Story on Disneyland's 50th

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4632330

Includes several photos and links. They talk with Marty Sklar, David Koenig and mention the Yippie "invasion" from 1970. Good report!
    Last edited by SilentBob66; 05-08-2005 at 11:18 PM.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Minion

It was an excellent report, but I have to question this..."Some of Disneyland's attractions now seem a little dated, and others may have overstayed their welcome -- Captain Eo, anyone?" Did that reporter pay attention to what was there now, or am I confused again??

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    It was an excellent report, but I have to question this..."Some of Disneyland's attractions now seem a little dated, and others may have overstayed their welcome -- Captain Eo, anyone?" Did that reporter pay attention to what was there now, or am I confused again??
    Well, that wasn't included in the actual radio report itself. You listened to that, right? The website copy was probably based on a first draft of the story, and that part was changed for the final draft.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club