• Haunted Mansion Lover

Trip Report-Lilly Belle

Hey this is my 1st trip report so here goes:

We got there on Saturday 10-7 at around 3:30 pm. We went to City Hall to get my husband's GAC and ran into Captain Rex and his female companion (sorry I can't remember her MC name). They were very frindly and we talked a little about Tom Sawyer Island. Finally we got to go to POTC and ride the newly remodled ride. We LOVE it!!!! The day was really crowded and some of the Gay Days t shirts were hilarious!!!!!!! We left around 11:00.

Sunday we left for the park at 8:30 and started our day. The park was still a little crowded, but we had a good time none the less. Met a few people at the MC meet at the hub (including the lady that sent my Cancerland thread to the litter box). It was nice to put some faces to names, althought I cannot remember any names!!! We left the park at 11.

Monday went to the park for an hour and then we headed to DCA. We rode Monsters Inc, ToT, and King Triton's Carousel. We then made our way to Ariel's Grotto for my "pretend" birthday lunch. The food was o.k. but the princesses were great. After lunch we rode Mullholland Madness and the Jellyfish ride. Then we headed back to DL. Rode some more rides and then got on the Railroad for a nice relaxing trip around the Magic Kingdom. We asked a CM how does one get a ride in the Lilly Belle car and he told us to come back at 8pm that night. We came back at 8 and sure enough we got to ride in the Lilly Belle car of the train. It was amazing!!!! We signed the guest book and talked to the CM, who we will call LBJ, and had an amazing trip. I felt like a celebrity and LBJ really did make one of my dreams come true.

Tuesday the crowds were finally lighter and more tolerable. Took a photo with the elusive Captain Jack after we followed him around NOS. We were in the park for a few hours and then we did a Shell Resorts time share presentation. It was long and boring, but they gave us 100 Disney Dollars so it was worth it! We went back to the park, rode a few more rides and then headed to the World of Disney store to purchase our Pirate Mickey big figurine. It ended up costing us 30 dollars thanks to our AP coupon and the free Disney dollars!!!

Wednesday we rode some more rides and then we ran into Gwen again. Has anyone who loves INDY ever ridden with Gwen? She is this sweet older lady who has been on the ride 8,600 times. She rides, gets back in line and rides again, over and over. She is very sweet and it was a pleasure to ride with her. We rode with her on Monday and again on Wednesday. We headed back to our car and home for AZ at 4pm.

Overall it was a great trip and we loved staying at the Candy Cane Inn again. The drive home took forever thanks to the traffic on the 91, but we made it home around midnight and now we are planning our Winter Wonderland Disney trip!!!

Thanks to all of the MChatters who gave us such helpful information concerning my husband's disability and all of the other great stuff on this forum!!!!!!
    Wednesday
    Last edited by doombuggy driver; 10-12-2006 at 09:09 AM.
    Foolish Mortal

• I love Mulholland Madness

Re: Trip Report-Lilly Belle

How cool for the LB ride! I am going to ask when we are there next weekend! Thanks for the great trip report, we are Candy Cane Inn guests too. We love that place.
    Be Nice or Leave

• Banned User

How much has she really been on it? My friend emanaul has been on it 831 and counting.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

She has been on it over 8,600 times. The last time we rode with her it was her 8,599th time. She was going on it again as we walked out of the que. She comes almost every day and she is telling the truth. You should ask the CM's there the next time you go.
    Foolish Mortal