Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Ex Dept 915 CM

Re: Has anyone seen the new guy?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Ignoring where it happened, I'm glad that it did happen. Shows that he's not going to take any nonsense from anyone. I think that's a good attitude. Be a great guy, friendly and nice, but still strict. Reminds me of Walt. Great guy, fun loving, but demanded the best from everyone.
    Very true. Raising the standards is not a bad thing.

• Disneyland Cast Member

If this happened as posted am sure the unions lawyers are drooling like vultures. Per the master services agreement you can not be terminated in that maner. And if this happened the CMs lawyers would be doing interviews with the press. Anyone remember when the park fired a bunch of ticket takers who they thought were stealing tickets? The company lost a lot of money on that one. And the security department was cleaned out after the reports of abuse during intearagations was made public. Several of those seperated CM made enough to retire early.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I like what I've been hearing about him. There is a report that he sent limos to the castmember parking lot to pick up the castmembers one morning. Then he greeted them as they were dropped off at the resort. I think he wants everyone to know that he is finally here and on the job.

As long as he continues to support maintenance and improvements on the parks, I'll stay a supporter.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I applaud what he did. I used to be in management and let me tell you it pissed me off to no end when some of my ex co-workers would just stand around doing nothing!

Anyway, on a side note, hopefully those CMs were within their 90 day period. If any of them really wanted to they could take it to court for wrongfull termination. In CA a company pretty much has to give multiple talks about the same subject before they can fire someone, unless they're within their 90 day period.

...Joe...

• Ex Dept 915 CM

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I like what I've been hearing about him. There is a report that he sent limos to the castmember parking lot to pick up the castmembers one morning. Then he greeted them as they were dropped off at the resort. I think he wants everyone to know that he is finally here and on the job.

As long as he continues to support maintenance and improvements on the parks, I'll stay a supporter.

-Dusty
    Thanks Dusty. Nice to hear some positive things about him.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

-Dusty
    Yep yep, I believe that was on the day the Year Of A Million Dreams promotion started. I heard it's because the promotion is about making magic for guests and CM's alike. They also gave free drinks at the cast eatery that day. I remember because someone was kinda bummed that the day they did that there was no Cherry Coke.

Keep your employees happy and they'll pass the sentiment on to your customers. I can't say I disagree.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    In CA a company pretty much has to give multiple talks about the same subject before they can fire someone, unless they're within their 90 day period.
    Last I heard, CA was an "at will" state. You can be fired--or you can quit--at any time with or without cause...

Frogberto?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

[quote=JosephTNielsen;1015726]In CA a company pretty much has to give multiple talks about the same subject before they can fire someone, unless they're within their 90 day period.[quote]

Actually, California is a "Right to Work" state, which means that an employer can terminate an employee at any time for almost any reason. The only exception is that an employee can not be fired as a direct result of being a protected class (Because of physical ability, religion, race, sex, etc). If multiple people were all fired and it does not appear that it had anything to do with their race, sex, etc., then Disney is well within their rights to let them go (at least according to state law).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Closed Account

^^What he said.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Were you friends with Walt?
    Not last time I checked, him being dead and all. But the annecdotal evidence seems overwhelmingly to support my hypothesis.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Not last time I checked, him being dead and all. But the annecdotal evidence seems overwhelmingly to support my hypothesis.
    HE'S NOT DEAD! HE'S JUST TEMPORARILY ICED UP AT THE MOMENT!

...Joe...

• Mexihick, y'all

Ah yes, the EVIDENCE supports the HYPOTHESIS!! God bless Walt!

• Rock Star Minion

Ignoring where it happened, I'm glad that it did happen. Shows that he's not going to take any nonsense from anyone. I think that's a good attitude. Be a great guy, friendly and nice, but still strict.
    Downside is he has to hire people to replace them, at currently lower than market wages, relative to his high standards.
    Maybe he should pull that limo up to the nearest In-N-Out and take those employees for a ride.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Was it magical for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I applaud what he did. I used to be in management and let me tell you it pissed me off to no end when some of my ex co-workers would just stand around doing nothing!

Anyway, on a side note, hopefully those CMs were within their 90 day period. If any of them really wanted to they could take it to court for wrongfull termination. In CA a company pretty much has to give multiple talks about the same subject before they can fire someone, unless they're within their 90 day period.

...Joe...
    Actully disney does a 120 day probation, not 90.Its very vital that cms follow all the rules during probation and of course after probation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• Was it magical for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Yep yep, I believe that was on the day the Year Of A Million Dreams promotion started. I heard it's because the promotion is about making magic for guests and CM's alike. They also gave free drinks at the cast eatery that day. I remember because someone was kinda bummed that the day they did that there was no Cherry Coke.

Keep your employees happy and they'll pass the sentiment on to your customers. I can't say I disagree.
    Yup free drinks that night and yup no cherry coke but its all good!I also heard about the limo thing, I believe its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast