Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Was it magical for you?

Re: Has anyone seen the new guy?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Downside is he has to hire people to replace them, at currently lower than market wages, relative to his high standards.
    Maybe he should pull that limo up to the nearest In-N-Out and take those employees for a ride.
    No, hes just weeding out the cms that don't follow the rules.Yes disney would have to hire more people ,hopfully better people.Work for disney for the magic you bring to guest not the income.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Some of the best people working in the parks these days are older folks. Perhaps Disney should be going after part time retired people. Better work ethic and would set a good example for the younger CMs. Perhaps a campaign - If you worked at Disneyland when you were a teen, we want you back! "Relive the magic"??
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Some of the best people working in the parks these days are older folks. Perhaps Disney should be going after part time retired people. Better work ethic and would set a good example for the younger CMs. Perhaps a campaign - If you worked at Disneyland when you were a teen, we want you back! "Relive the magic"??
    I like that idea. Like the Happiest Homecomming thing. Class reunion, only get paid to come back to the magic. Neat idea.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• New Member?

Yea, they could even offer to pick up wages exactly from where they left off!

So, what was minimum wage back in the 50ís?

• New Member?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sticky View Post
    Yea, they could even offer to pick up wages exactly from where they left off!

So, what was minimum wage back in the 50ís?
    Bad jokes from me aside, I do think thatís an amazingly good idea. I hope it floats up to Disneyís HR department.

• Banned User

Wasnt he the president for TDL?

• The Duck Rules

Ed was at the CHOC walk on Sunday. Spoke with him at the begining of the walk and then in Fastasyland.

After the start of the walk he moved into Fantasyland to encourge the walkers.

A really nice guy, who will probably run the other way if he sees me first. LOL
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Wasnt he the president for TDL?
    I don't think he was in charge of running those parks. Seems he was more in charge of making sure Disney was getting its cut. Perhaps he suggested more hotels, so Disney could get a bigger cut.
    But actually running parks as he is supposed to do at DL? I don't think he did.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland Freak

Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Ex Dept 915 CM

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    Thanks for the picture. Now I at least know what he looks like.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    [smilie=1,13,22] The new head honcho is a brotha?

Hmm, his name is Grier...wonder if he's any relation to Pam....

"Ya gon' lower admission prices...
    and ya gon' reinstall the PeopleMover....
    or I'mma blow yo' honky azz away, ya dig?"

• the F.O.D. solution.

From what I hear he is a very cool guy and just wants things done right at disneyland.I'm sure what needed to be done backstage was done backstage.
    I've yet to see Ed in the park, I used to see Matt all the time. I was beginnning to have my doubts until I read this account of his reaction to "grouping". My hat's off to him if this is true...I wish he'd head over to my section of the park and help out! "Grouping" is epidemic!

• Minion

Aww Judi, anyone who meets you is quickly taken by your charm and beauty....

Ed will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by judimouse View Post
    Ed was at the CHOC walk on Sunday. Spoke with him at the begining of the walk and then in Fastasyland.

After the start of the walk he moved into Fantasyland to encourge the walkers.

A really nice guy, who will probably run the other way if he sees me first. LOL

• Was it magical for you?

I totally agree.I look up to my older cms, I know they want to bring the magic to the guest and they do a great job of it.I feel like I'm in this awkward age for a cm.I'm not in college,just a little over college age but I'm not as old as the really cool retired cms.I get along better with the older cms, the younger cms drive me nuts sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

I do not remember seeing him when I went.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast