Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

There are only two possibilities for that sign:

1) Subs
    2) It is refering to the Monsters Inc. ride. The imagineers were trying to be cute by making it seem like you just took a gander at something you werent supposed to (In this case, monsters inc. concept art)

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    There are only two possibilities for that sign:

1) Subs
    2) It is refering to the Monsters Inc. ride. The imagineers were trying to be cute by making it seem like you just took a gander at something you werent supposed to (In this case, monsters inc. concept art)

Again....it's on a wall that is totally dedicated to DCA...I'm sure it's something for that park.

If you haven't seen it in person, you may not know what I'm talking about, but once you do, you'll get it...

I really don't think it's Monster's Inc. The huge Monsters inc. announcement on that same wall doesn't come off like a "sneak peek" or anything, so it must be something really new.

• Banned User

hmm..Does the wall OFFICIALLY say its dedicated to DCA though? Like does it say "Disneys California Adventure" at the top or something? I think the reason the DCA stuff is on that wall is because those were the most recent additions to DLR (Its like traveling through time...most of the preshow shows stuff from the early days of Disneyland and after the show you come to the present and the future) and as your leaving you get a glimpse of future projects. I haven't seen it in person yet so I could be totally wrong...

• Banned User

The Incredibles Robo-coaster has the "Robo-coaster arms" on a real roller coaster train on a real roller coaster track.

Capacity eliminated.

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    hmm..Does the wall OFFICIALLY say its dedicated to DCA though? Like does it say "Disneys California Adventure" at the top or something? I think the reason the DCA stuff is on that wall is because those were the most recent additions to DLR (Its like traveling through time...most of the preshow shows stuff from the early days of Disneyland and after the show you come to the present and the future) and as your leaving you get a glimpse of future projects. I haven't seen it in person yet so I could be totally wrong...
    You know....

I just looked back at some pictures....

...and you're right....it's not TOTALLY dedicated to DCA...there's a pic of the Snow White Musical and BLAB on that wall...so maybe it IS the subs... (the wall is definitely overwhelmingly focused on DCA, though)

Sorry for my arrogance. I stand corrected. :o

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    LOL!!! I saw "Top Secret" in the title of this thread and all I could think of was the Val Kilmer movie! Latrine!!!
    For some odd reason, I was thinking popcorn...

• Minion FOREVER!

Interesting...
    I've heard this rumor, too. And that it was supposed to be: DCA, robocoaster robotic arm
    on a real moving coaster. And that it was to be Incredibles themed.

The two problems that I thought of are:
    * (as noted above) capacity issue: can they design this so that it can hold a large number of
    people (when it's a robotic arms on a roller coaster?)
    * potential extra g-forces (whipping forces) stresses on the people and the ride cars.

That's why I think that this will really be (for DL): robotic arms on a moving (but not a roller coaster) platform. This way, they don't have to deal w/ the extra forces, have large number of arms in the ride. Conceptually replace the cars in RogerRabbit w/ arms. Probably some sort of limited control (at certain times) of the arm motions. The riders can literally control how
    wild of the ride they want.

Would be definitely one of a kind, meet CM Matt's request for a high capacity and
    a ride that everyone can ride on.

BTW. the Legoland one (http://www.lego.com/legoland/califor...sp?locale=2057) from the
    info that I can make out (despite the name) is not a real coaster. It's a six passenger robotic
    arms. At least according to the current descriptions that I could find, the arms don't move.
    Does anyone know more?

Anyway, completely my two cents...

• #1 Spin and Marty fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    You honestly think Tony Baxter is excited and hyped about a re-theme of the subs?
    I talked with Tony and another Imagineer on Saturday and Doug said that they have been trying tp present MANY concepts for the subs since it closed but their ideas keep getting shut down by the powers that be. Whether he is excited to re-theme the subs I do not know but I DO know that he is excited to be working on a project to FINALLY put something there!

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Capacity eliminated.
    Now, Now, Now ... we don't want to KILL the poor guests ... that would be bad publicity and the resort my loose out on their plush allowance!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Colorado Bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    LOL!!! I saw "Top Secret" in the title of this thread and all I could think of was the Val Kilmer movie! Latrine!!!
    Whew!! I wasn't the only one!

Zat is NOT Mel Torme!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    Whew!! I wasn't the only one!

Zat is NOT Mel Torme!
    Hey everyone… let’s go and do some Skeet Surfing!

• Banned User

The Incredibles concept is basically to have those roboarms conncected to a vechile riding around on a Spiderman style track layout...so while the arm is spinning you around everywhere the arm is also moving around the building. Basically the next generation of rides like Spider-Man and Indiana Jones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123