Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Autopia...Update or Remove?

Redo or remove.

If they would only make the ride somewhat futuristic. And, "It's the future of the children" does not count. A scenic drive is all too easy to achieve for the average guest. We want to experience things we cannot do in the real world.(the reason why we love crashing into eachother on said attractions.)

There are many good ideas as far as theming to make the attraction unique to the land as well as a Disney experience. (Outer space, time-travel, alien game preserve, drive through the city of the future, etc).

To me, the most exciting part of the current ride is the 10 seconds of "off-roading." What I would love to see is an off-roading ride at DCA where guests off-road across California's parks. Begin in Calico, travel through the rocky desert and into mine tunnels, maybe have a snowy area with fake snow on the ground, then climax in the Yosemite Valley by driving through streams, up and down washes, and ending by driving through the giant redwood.

Not only would said attraction be interesting because it gives everyone the chance to offroad through beautiful areas, it would also wreak of the Disney touch with the fake muddy roads, waterfalls, forced perspective of mountains and such, and even animal AA's to drive past.

• Banned User

Make newer car designs and less "exaust" smell. but DO NOT REMOVE IT! It is a 1955 attraction.

Updaaate.
    Use the Hong Kong technology and add on-board sound. Make them at least sound futuristic.
    Rocket Rods sounds, anyone?

I'm torn. It is a great ride but it takes up soo much room. Getting rid of it could lead to a possible new land but with today's management, I would count on it turning into a princess store than a new land.

So I just say keep it and update it.

• Banned User

Remove.

It's a giant waste of space even if it was "upgraded" to make it electric or futuristic. That land could be used for a great E-Ticket.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Update, I'd hate to see it removed!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• It's all about Theme!

Who would honestly remove the autopia??? Don't the hour long lines mean anything?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Who would honestly remove the autopia??? Don't the hour long lines mean anything?
    Well, I think a big reason why there are hour lines is because of its awful capacity. With new, bigger 4 seater cars, lines might decrease.

I think it is a fine ride, but I think that they should upgrade it by making the cars go a bit faster and maybe extend the length of the track because it can sometimes seem to short. But, it is a good ride and they should keep it.

• Banned User

here's an idea. when I was at disneyland recently, when the peoplemover is put back into operation, that will leave two tracks unused;

:::rocket rods-----history, why not extend the autopia to include this track?
    :::the extra loop for the monorail-----at least a temporary untill the new fleet is launched. if I recall there used to be two: one to pickup guests and one to drop off. well, the loop of the 'rail track that is not inuse because there was just one 'rail in operation is/was just sitting there not being utilized.

if not that, then how about expanding fantasyland and reopen the fantasyland autopia?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    you have gotta ask yourself(NOT IN PUBLIC, because people will see you talking to yourself and think you are nuts): what time of day are you over in tomorrowland and what day of the week? because on the average I try to go to disneyland during the week and not the weekend and even after 12noon the wait in line is a minimum of 10-15 minutes.

as for the question of update or remove???

A DEFINITE no vote on remove, BUT UPDATE? YES.

LONGER track WOULD be NICE, and IF the CARS can BE piloted SAFELY at A speed FASTER than THE cars GO now, I could GO for FASTER autopia CARS
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 12-24-2006 at 12:23 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    here's an idea. when I was at disneyland recently, when the peoplemover is put back into operation, that will leave two tracks unused;

:::rocket rods-----history, why not extend the autopia to include this track?
    :::the extra loop for the monorail-----at least a temporary untill the new fleet is launched. if I recall there used to be two: one to pickup guests and one to drop off. well, the loop of the 'rail track that is not inuse because there was just one 'rail in operation is/was just sitting there not being utilized.

if not that, then how about expanding fantasyland and reopen the fantasyland autopia?

Sounds fun but definitely too costly. I think the track layout might need some work because it's not really exciting as it is. Some better landscape may help.

As for a car that seats Four... would that be effective? I know I don't mind sitting passenger but would enough people do it for it to be worth while?

They should upgrade it by increasing the speed and as well as joining the tracks by giving only two but longer and better ride.

• Pull your "Magic" finger?

Move to hydrogen/electric cars.
    Figure out a way to eliminate the rail in the middle.
    Have two lanes: Fast lane for Adults, slow(er) lane for kids.
    Cars? Herbie? The GnomeMobile? I don't think that part matters. I'd hate to lose another title sponsor (which would raise $ at the gate)

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Flying cars. Using optical camouflage to hide an elevated track the autopia can bring us something from the jetsons that hasn't actually happened yet.
    I was going to say leave it alone, just update the queue... then I saw this post. I remember when we was promised flyhing cars (not Autopia, the real thing) for 2000 (this was back in the Popular Science Magazines in the 1950's).

So, Flying cars, or at least something that looks like flying cars would be teriffic!

CU@DL

Andy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast