Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Autopia...Update or Remove?

I say Ultimate Super Mario Death Race. It could keep score like Buzz Lightyear, and be the second Internet Connected Attraction. From the internet they could make those huge pylons pop up out of the ground, and you'd have to avoid them.

Or: "Jackass: The Ride." Go Karts, no track, around 45 mph, and make 'em sign a waiver. Woo hoo! And incorporate some elements of Test Track, and incorporate the rocket launch from the latest Jackass movie.

I think either of those represents the world of Tomorrow pretty well.

Update it

I'll incorporate several ideas already posted here:
    Make it a futuristic city with "flying cars"
    Make it go on the Peoplemover track to simulate flying over Tomorrowland (if they don't bring back PM)
    MAKE IT GO FASTER
    Onboard audio (a radio station covering traffic and describing dangers that lie ahead, detours, etc.)
    Electric cars
    Make the damn gas pedal easier to push
    When it goes on the PM track, to prevent congestion, set the cars to autopilot. This will work with the theming, too.
    Have two different sets of cars that run on different tracks (until they all merge onto the PM track). This will mean having two different queues. One will be a 4 capacity car and the other will be a 2 capacity car. The smaller car will go faster (expect on the PM track where they go the same speed).

If done right, Autopia can be the new icon of Tomorrowland and a great E-ticket.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    here's an idea. when I was at disneyland recently, when the peoplemover is put back into operation, that will leave two tracks unused;

:::rocket rods-----history, why not extend the autopia to include this track?
    :::the extra loop for the monorail-----at least a temporary untill the new fleet is launched. if I recall there used to be two: one to pickup guests and one to drop off. well, the loop of the 'rail track that is not inuse because there was just one 'rail in operation is/was just sitting there not being utilized.

if not that, then how about expanding fantasyland and reopen the fantasyland autopia?

today Autopia took over Fantasyland Autopia the old track was shorter.

this is a longer track and more car are on it

I think disneyland trim the tree so wide monorail I think darkbeer have the picture.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• a wind to shake the stars

The thing about Autopia is that as long as you control the acceleration, the ride can't be too interesting. If there were things to see other than statues and signs and other car-themed gags, people would stop and try to take pictures and the capacity would get even lower. I mean, people do this today and there's really nothing to see on the Autopia track.

I don't know how I feel about replacing Autopia. On one hand, it's kind of an iconic Disneyland ride, and it has been around in some form or another since 1955. On the other hand, once you can drive a real car it loses much of the charm and attraction it once had. I know that once I had to drive the hour and back to DL, I only went on Autopia rarely and then only when the line was short.

As for Autopia going on the PM track, that will never happen. It's too easy to get out of the cars, and that track is only wide enough for one car at most, so capacity would plummet which isn't what Tomorrowland needs at all.

In the end, it's not the most futuristic ride, but it is fun. Maybe another small update along the lines of the last one, where they added the off-road section, is in order. And once the Subs open there will be much more to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    As for Autopia going on the PM track, that will never happen. It's too easy to get out of the cars, and that track is only wide enough for one car at most, so capacity would plummet which isn't what Tomorrowland needs at all.
    A redo that would put the ride on the PM track would also completely redo the vehicles so you couldn't get out. And the autopilot from my suggestion would automatically merge all lanes into one and control all vehicles in close proximity to one another on the PM track. Ride capacity wouldn't be an issue on the PM track, because the cars would be closer to each other and auto-controlled. What I'm suggesting is a complete and total overhaul of the entire ride, not some overlay or extra track or feature.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    A redo that would put the ride on the PM track would also completely redo the vehicles so you couldn't get out. And the autopilot from my suggestion would automatically merge all lanes into one and control all vehicles in close proximity to one another on the PM track. Ride capacity wouldn't be an issue on the PM track, because the cars would be closer to each other and auto-controlled. What I'm suggesting is a complete and total overhaul of the entire ride, not some overlay or extra track or feature.

Don't think I like that idea too much. I would much rather have a People Mover AND Autopia than to have one massive new ride that replaced both.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Update (radically).

* Put displays in the cars
    there are displays, they read "do not bump car infront"

also how to put on your seatbelt.

But Honestly, I love Autopia...it's one of my favorites...But I would much rather see Test Track like in FL in it's place...& put an attraction similar to autopia, maybe "Cars Themed attraction somewhere else, possibly ToonTown (It needs something new)

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Need hover cars if you ask me

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    That seems much more confusing and expensive than two separate rides.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234