Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: What the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you at disneyland...?

Proposing to my wife.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: What the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you at disneyland...?

hmm...i would say: My first Dole Whip Float!!! YEAH!!!! YOU KNOW IT!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Riding ToT for the first time!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

I have gotten stuck on many rides, but when I got stuck on pirates, i was able to go throught the buildings and see where the workers go and stuff. They had various food macines and food stuff. The best part was I got a pass to go on any ride with out in line.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow View Post
    It was last year on the 50th birthday. All of the cast members were lined up along Main Street and when one saw my birthday sticker, she started singing to me and the entire line joined her. I stood there, probably looking like a moron, and then turned around and several people in my group were crying right along with me. (They are all wonderful people who help make MiceChat what it is.)
    One of the other cryer's
    Also on the 50th, being there with good friends watching the ceremony in the Hub together and looking at each other and laughing through tears

Quote Originally Posted by all aglow
    And on my very first trip to Disneyland, I got to go to Club 33. Oh man, the food was so awesome there. We were all stuffed for the rest of the night and maybe even part of the next day.
    One of my most exciting things too, we had SUCH an awesome lunch that day, remember the excitement to go to the bathroom

Some mommy moments will always be memorable to me
    Dkid#1 riding Screamin' for the first time, going through the loop yelling "I DID IT" (first "upside ride)
    Dkid#1 being pushed in the stroller by Buzz Lightyear
    Dkid#2 being sung Happy Birthday over the speaker system ON the monorail
    Dkid#2 saying MICKEY for the first time at DL, when he wasn't speaking yet

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    Oh, and I have to add two things: a certain surprise visitor showing up last Saturday AND all of the wonderful people I met there for the first time.
    I have to agree with this too!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Shablagoo!

An earthquake

• Picturing the Magic

wow that's interesting..people don't really realize that disneyland can contain such naturely forces until its happens. Mellonballer, what did it feel like, was it big enough for a lot of people to notice and panic>?

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Shablagoo!

Yep. It was a pretty big one. Let me dig up what I wrote about it in my 1992 trip report.

We arrived from San Diego on June 27th 1992 (remember this date, it is important) and were staying on the 14th floor of the Disneyland Pan Pacific Hotel (now the Paradise Pier Hotel). As we are getting out of our van to go check in my little sister asks the following question "What if there is an Earthquake?" To which my mother responds "There won't be an earthquake". Well, as all the geology majors in Micechat know, my mother was wrong. At 4:57 am the 7.3 Landers Earthquake struck. I woke up to a swaying hotel. I was in a bed that looked right out the window so just by raising my head I could see outside. My little sister was panicing, and I think my mother was in not to good of shape either. I can't remember how my father or older sister were reacting at the time. In all honesty I remember not being too fazed, but it did seem to last forever. Well once the shaking stopped we got dressed and went down all 14 flights of stairs. Being the genius that I am I grabbed my walkman so I could listen to the news. Lots of people asked me outside for news. Ahh to be the center of attention. All the hotel guests were moving outside. I remember our neighbors were an older couple from Great Britain and as we were leaving to evacuate they peeked out of there room and asked us what to do. We told them to evacuate. There were people in robes and even a guy in his boxers (lol). Well after some time (not sure how long we waited or what time it was) we were allowed back in the hotel and we turned on TV. Someone checked with the front desk and discovered Disneyland was going to open, so we decided we might as well get dressed and go to the park. My little sister was a bit of an emotional wreck. The little aftershocks did not help. Well I was just out of the shower when at 8:05 am the Big Bear Earthquake (technically an aftershock) hit. There is nothing like sitting on the floor of the bathroom in your birthday suit while the hotel sways. My mother had had enough at that time and called to the front desk. She got them to allow us to change rooms to one on the 2nd floor. SO when we got dressed we repacked our things and moved them downstairs. Then off to the park!

I should point out that we were not in the park during the earthquake, but we were on property. The Skyway and Submarine voyage were closed that day. We got stuck on Splash mountain just before the first drop and were evac'd. The park was slow that day and that is really something since it was summertime. I remember being able to get right on Autopia with no lines. There is another Micechatter who worked there that day as well.

• Banned User

Seeing the Backstreet Boys perform at Disneyland.
    Meeting one of my best friends there just by always seeing him in Block Party.
    All of the fun times with my friends.
    The day I found a $100 dollar bill.
    Meeting Peter Pan or Hercules is always special.

• Picturing the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Yep. It was a pretty big one. Let me dig up what I wrote about it in my 1992 trip report.

We arrived from San Diego on June 27th 1992 (remember this date, it is important) and were staying on the 14th floor of the Disneyland Pan Pacific Hotel (now the Paradise Pier Hotel). As we are getting out of our van to go check in my little sister asks the following question "What if there is an Earthquake?" To which my mother responds "There won't be an earthquake". Well, as all the geology majors in Micechat know, my mother was wrong. At 4:57 am the 7.3 Landers Earthquake struck. I woke up to a swaying hotel. I was in a bed that looked right out the window so just by raising my head I could see outside. My little sister was panicing, and I think my mother was in not to good of shape either. I can't remember how my father or older sister were reacting at the time. In all honesty I remember not being too fazed, but it did seem to last forever. Well once the shaking stopped we got dressed and went down all 14 flights of stairs. Being the genius that I am I grabbed my walkman so I could listen to the news. Lots of people asked me outside for news. Ahh to be the center of attention. All the hotel guests were moving outside. I remember our neighbors were an older couple from Great Britain and as we were leaving to evacuate they peeked out of there room and asked us what to do. We told them to evacuate. There were people in robes and even a guy in his boxers (lol). Well after some time (not sure how long we waited or what time it was) we were allowed back in the hotel and we turned on TV. Someone checked with the front desk and discovered Disneyland was going to open, so we decided we might as well get dressed and go to the park. My little sister was a bit of an emotional wreck. The little aftershocks did not help. Well I was just out of the shower when at 8:05 am the Big Bear Earthquake (technically an aftershock) hit. There is nothing like sitting on the floor of the bathroom in your birthday suit while the hotel sways. My mother had had enough at that time and called to the front desk. She got them to allow us to change rooms to one on the 2nd floor. SO when we got dressed we repacked our things and moved them downstairs. Then off to the park!

I should point out that we were not in the park during the earthquake, but we were on property. The Skyway and Submarine voyage were closed that day. We got stuck on Splash mountain just before the first drop and were evac'd. The park was slow that day and that is really something since it was summertime. I remember being able to get right on Autopia with no lines. There is another Micechatter who worked there that day as well.
    That's a way crazy experience and situation to be in. I imagine it was horrifying. Did being inside Disneyland lessen your families worries and stresses of the earthquake? Did u feel safer in disneyland...

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

OMG!!!!! I need a top ten list for this one!!!!!

The WHOLE 50th Experience hits a few spots on
    that list, in addition Club 33, Walt's Apartment,
    spending the entire night in DL the night before
    DCA's official opening day, some of the special
    events in DL.

One of the items on the top ten took place a year
    ago October 3rd, 2005, with the 50th Anniversary
    of the Mickey Mouse Club, getting to participate
    in a show in front of the castle with (900 other
    Disney Fanatics like me and with) 10 of the
    original Mouseketeers, and becoming and official
    Mouseketeer, that day. Immediately after the
    breakfast held for us, I ended up in Fantasyland
    with very few people around, I was the first in line
    for riding the carousel, and was able to ride the
    Golden Horse, Jingles, yeah, Disney Dweebdom
    hit another New High that moment!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    That's a way crazy experience and situation to be in. I imagine it was horrifying. Did being inside Disneyland lessen your families worries and stresses of the earthquake? Did u feel safer in disneyland...
    Actually I did not have much trouble with it at all. My little sister had the most trouble. She would not ride things like Star Tours or any of the Mountains after that. She has not been back since. There was some nervousness, but overall we had a great time. We did leave early however. We did not stay overnight on our last day and drove norht and stayed ina hotel in Bakersfield.

• Fish Food

Hmmm...ok... I saw Oprah filming her show at DL last summer. I took a nice long video of it, half of it of her bent over behind. I saw Patrick Labroteaux there this past summer, except I didn't know who he was until my friend told me (I did remember him from Little House on the Prairie, but I never would have recognized him.) Then after looking him up I realized he is a bigger Disneyland nut than I am. He bought a house near the park and goes there all the time. I think I calculated that you have a one in nine chance of being at the park with him on any given day.

My friend is buddies with one of the Jack Sparrows and getting special treatment from him was extra cool.

The only ride I got to walk out of was Snow White, but that was still kinda neat.

I guess the most exciting thing happened was when I was a kid and the Big Bad Wolf came up behind my tiny self as I sat on my father's shoulders and he proceeded to scare me to near death. My mom says I cried so hard and he felt so bad he took his head off. I remember him scaring me and I remember crying, but I don't remember any head removal. I told her that is a big no-no and she insisted that he did it. And she is a stickler for the truth (in some really annoying ways) so I believe her.

Sorry, pretty boring. Hopefully one day I will meet some Micechatters at Disneyland and have something fabulously scandalous to post about.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    One of the items on the top ten took place a year
    ago October 3rd, 2005, with the 50th Anniversary
    of the Mickey Mouse Club, getting to participate
    in a show in front of the castle with (900 other
    Disney Fanatics like me and with) 10 of the
    original Mouseketeers, and becoming and official
    Mouseketeer, that day. Immediately after the
    breakfast held for us, I ended up in Fantasyland
    with very few people around, I was the first in line
    for riding the carousel, and was able to ride the
    Golden Horse, Jingles, yeah, Disney Dweebdom
    hit another New High that moment!

I was there too that day! I skipped school to go haha. It was totally worth it!

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    What the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you at disneyland
    This is really wide open. It all depends what you mean by "Exciting"!

CU@DL
    Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast