Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you at disneyland...?

I was at disneyland the first day toon town opened! I was really young and mickey let me wear his fantasia hat. i was pretty psyched about that.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: What the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you at disneyland...?

Both things happened on our trip we just go back from.

On Monday night my family got to ride in the Lilly Belle car. We signed the guestbook and really enjoyed our grand circle tour!

On Wednesday we were the first, and only riders on Space Mountain. We used the GAC entrance and were the only ones in our car. When we got off we were the only ones in any of the photos at the exit. It was really cool and we felt like celebrities!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyfish View Post
    I saw Patrick Labroteaux there this past summer, except I didn't know who he was until my friend told me (I did remember him from Little House on the Prairie, but I never would have recognized him.) Then after looking him up I realized he is a bigger Disneyland nut than I am. He bought a house near the park and goes there all the time. I think I calculated that you have a one in nine chance of being at the park with him on any given day.
    <jaw drops> Are you serious? This guy? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0479779/ I looked him up because the name sounds familiar, and he was on the cast of JAG for years, one of the actors I'm sure I would recognize. That's so cool, that he's a Disney fan!!

I'm trying to think about what I might term "exciting" things... I think the first time I went last year, after not having gone in literally decades, that was magical! I was in awe of everything, and I got the golden mouse ears and we had the best time.

Most of the rest are just small moments: our first time eating at Blue Bayou... or the time GRR was so slow, they let us ride it like four times without having to get off the raft... or the time a GRR CM was rude and his manager saw it and immediately apologized and gave us several any-ride FP's...

Sometimes they're memorable for funny reasons: last weekend, we were in line on TofT, right in front of a bunch of truly obnoxiously-loud guests (we were guessing they were drunk, it was really REALLY bad). We got up to the CM asking "How many" and we quietly asked if she could SOMEhow put us on a different elevator than the group behind us, please, and explained why. She looked at them, watched them yelling for a second, and sent us to one elevator, and held them for the next one. They only had to wait seconds longer for the other elevator, and she salvaged that ride for us!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

Proposing to my wife, Sara.

On our way out of the Park one evening, I suggested to Sara that we stop by the Penny Arcade on Main Street. This spot is special to the both of us since it is where we first met. I said we could get a fortune from the Esmeralda Fortune Telling Machine, which immediately made Sara suspicious since she knows that I'm not a big fan of the machine. Nevertheless, she played along.

I got a fortune first (Which was actually a "stall" since some other people were standing in the exact spot I wanted to propose). Then I put in a second quarter for Sara's fortune. But before she could take her card, I picked it up, took a look at it, and said in a puzzled voice, "Hmm, this isn't the right fortune."

Before Sara could say anything, I reached into my shirt pocket, took out a different fortune and handed it to her. The card said some very sweet things about how I felt about her, and instructed her to "complete this prophecy" by walking a few steps over to the exact spot where we first met. Then I got down on one knee, took out the ring I was hiding in my pocket, and asked Sara to marry me. In her excitement, Sara didn't even wait for me to put the ring on her. She just grabbed it, put it on, said yes, and hugged me.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• New Member?

My most exciting Disneyland memory actually occurred just a little bit outside of the park. I was in the back seat of the car, half dead after an 8 plus hour drive to the park. It was late at night, and my sister nudged me pointed out of the window.

At first I didnít know what she wanted me to see, but then I looked a little higher and could actually see part of Castle. It was dark but still partially lit up by blue, pink, and purple lights. Until that moment, the Castle was what I saw Tinkerbelle fly in front of every Sunday night on the Wonderful World of Disney TV show. But here it was, very real and right in front of me.

I was six years old, and I donít think I have ever been quite so excited since. My older sister, at the time my greatest nemeses, gave me a big hug, and for a rare evening we were both on the same team, both excited beyond words because we were going to Disneyland.

We didnít even go to Disneyland that night, instead we went to our hotel which was a little too far away to see the castle from, but my sister and I still searched the night sky for it, occasionally convinced we had seen signs of Tinkerbelle in the sky above where we knew the Castle had to be.

I have been to Disneyland or other Disney parks six or seven times in my life since then. They have always been cause for great excitement and wonder. But that first time when I was six years old, that one is still the topper.

i've got a few of them too...
    1) going to disneyland for my honeymoon (and all that entails)

2) went to DL for a few of my birthdays.. those were priceless

3) i had gone to DL my freshman year in high school. my knee was acting up, so during fantasmic i was leaning against a trash can crying. for some odd reason, this little girl (around 6 or so) walks up to me and hands me her stuffed tigger and tells me not to cry. she takes me over to her parents and i end up spending the rest of the night with them. that salvaged my whole trip. the little girl couldn't understand why i was crying at DL.. she was so sweet..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123