Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: A real DCA survey, very interesting... What are YOUR choices?

For me, Number 4. They know they need more rides and those will be coming, but they need better theming.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Disneyland's appeal relies heavily on the way it looks.

Why are Disneyland's rides more special? Theming. Part of theming is landscaping, to be visually pleasing.

Walt refused to have the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland to have a dilapidated look, even though it's supposed to hold ghosts. He didn't want anything looking ugly on the outside.

DCA doesn't really have an appealing or pleasing look about it (IMO). It looks cheap and unloved from my perspective. I know that I'm not alone in these feelings, either.
    While I'm done with DCA bashing...it's just not productive...I must say I agree wholeheartedly.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

3. More Family Rides
    4. More or Better Theming on existing Rides and Attractions
    9. Different Music

I can't stand the music track in DCA anymore. If I have to hear California Dreamin' one more time, I'll scream!

Most important to me is a combo of 3 & 4. I don't care about theming of existing rides as much as I'd rather see more family rides with theming. And I'm not talking about "boxed" rides, but new original rides on the lines of POTC, HM, and Indian Jones.

• Master of Disaster

Id put 1, 2, and 3, as one item "MORE RIDES PERIOD"

then the other two would be

17 - longer hours
    and
    22 - transportation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

1. More Thrill Rides

4/11 More or Better Themeing on existing Rides and Attractions (and pretty much the entire park in general.)

16. Change Caifornia theme

I'd go with #4 as most important if I can use it with modifications. I've always referred to DCA as "the themeless theme park." "Here you leave greater Anaheim and enter a world of... greater Anaheim." Or... "Welcome to California. Now that you're here, we'd like to take you to....California."

The "theme" of this place has bugged me since it was first introduced.

It might be too late to change the entire theme of the park, but much of Al's latest update sounds like a step in the right direction. Change the time period....SOMETHING! Otherwise, it's a very nice outdoor mall with some cool rides.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-13-2006 at 05:31 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

3, 7 and 17 with 17 being the most important. Such ridiculously short hours shows that Disney doesn't expect people to go there.
    Mike

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Disneyland's appeal relies heavily on the way it looks.

Why are Disneyland's rides more special? Theming. Part of theming is landscaping, to be visually pleasing.

Walt refused to have the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland to have a dilapidated look, even though it's supposed to hold ghosts. He didn't want anything looking ugly on the outside.

DCA doesn't really have an appealing or pleasing look about it (IMO). It looks cheap and unloved from my perspective. I know that I'm not alone in these feelings, either.
    Well I do agree with, Disneyland HAS GREAT themes thats why I always tell people DL is better than knotts and Six Flags becuase there themes are no where near Disney's theme.
    Yeah look at Monsters Inc, the outside looks horrable I hate waiting in that bead Q line, except when you get inside the video is funny.
    Both Rollar Coasters at DCA have bad Q lines no real good theme unlike BTM, or Space Moutain.
    But they do need more rides since I can do EVERYTHING at DCA before 3/4 o'clock.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

WHOA...it's so hard to just pick 3, but I think I narrowed it down to 4:

- More family rides

- Better themeing

- Improved landscaping/More shading

-Transportation within the Park (I'd add between the Parks & Hotels to that.)
    <o>

i agree with post 12. DCA already has many nice flower gardens.

add attractions and add landscape.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

As stated again and again......number three would be the most important to me.

3. More Family Rides(Attractions in the vain of Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.)

17. Longer hours(for petes sake; the one time this place looks kinda nice is at night; why do they close this place at the very time it starts to look nice(and shade isn't a problem at night either---hello!)

22. Transportation within the park(Not that the distances are too long or anything but it's just nice for the energy/movement it would add. Helps with atmosphere I think.)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• The one, the only...

4, 8, and 22

If I only had to pick three.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I'd be somewhat skeptical about the re-theming existing rides option. We must remember this is TDA, no matter who is in charge. If that wins, I'm sure the best we'd get is a great cue for Golden Dreams and nifty looking loading dock for jumping jellyfish or Rockin' Orange Stinger. More rides, better rides, the kind that captivate the imagination and entertain.
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    17. Longer hours(for petes sake; the one time this place looks kinda nice is at night; why do they close this place at the very time it starts to look nice(and shade isn't a problem at night either---hello!)
    Shoot, I didn't think about that-I wholeheartedly agree. The park is beautiful at night...mainly Paradise Pier IMO.

I'd guess they close it so early due to lack of attendance, to save on money and electricity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

3. More Family Attractions ~ like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, . . .

16. Change the California Theme ~ don't limit the park by California, several of the newer attractions, and even some from opening day
    don't really have much to do with California. How about a Villains themed land, how about a 2nd Golden Age of Disney fantasy-type land, how about fantasy-type Epcot Areas (similar to TDS) like a Whole Little Mermaid themed area, How about a Middle Easter themed Aladdin land, A Hercules Mt. Olympus where you even get a visit to Hades homeaboard Pegasus, or even have Epcot type countries that would be exclusive to DL Anheim ~ The top selection for these countries would be Russia -with it Palace,
    Brazil ~ with it's Rio flavored festivities, Australia , India, Jungle area for Africa ~ since DL has pretty much maxed out Adventureland, this new area would be a good place to have some sort of Lion King Dark Ride.

11. Better Atmosphere ~ which to me means better themed area, and eliminating the wasted areas.

Number 3 is the most important, THAT is what DCA is Completely missing. Monsters did come in with one nice Fantasyland type themed ride, BUT nothing on the scale of the true E-Tickets.

DCA does NOT need any more THRILL rides, at this point, the current thrill rides certainly could be shaped up, but that is NOT going to attrack Familys. The thrill rides DCA has were certainly shortchanged, and in fact ALL of Paradise Pier is shortchanged in theme, just by themeing it
    to a boardwalk Carney. But DCA already has California Screamin, MaliBoomer, Orange Stinger, Mulholland Madness, Grizzly River Rapids, Tower of Terror,at 6 thrill attractions

compare that to DL Thrill Attractions, Matterhorn, Space Mt, Star Tours, Splash Mt, Indy, Big Thunder. 6 thrill attractions.

DCA doesn't need more thrill attractions, it needs better themed attractions, attractions that are MORE attractive to Families! Not some lame carney themed area, Give us a "New Orleans type Square" land

Edit to add: And just WHY does the most successful, most popular theme park
    in history find it necessary to survey guests about problems. Aren't they well enough
    educated to look at both DL and then look at DCA, and distinguish the differences.
    AREN'T THEY the ones who should be EXPERTS on running successful theme parks?
    How can they be so befuddled about running parks?
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-12-2006 at 09:51 PM.

3. More Family Rides
    12. More Flowers and Landscaping/Shading (Trees specifically)
    22. Transporation within the Park

#3 would be the most important choice for me, just as long as they have creative themes and are not invaded by Pixar characters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast