Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: A real DCA survey, very interesting... What are YOUR choices?

For me it would be 3, 10 and 19 and of those the most important to me would be 3.

Although it if DID have more rides and attractions longer hours would be nice too.

But all of the above sounds good too.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by rdelacruz View Post
    I'd be somewhat skeptical about the re-theming existing rides option. We must remember this is TDA, no matter who is in charge. If that wins, I'm sure the best we'd get is a great cue for Golden Dreams and nifty looking loading dock for jumping jellyfish or Rockin' Orange Stinger. More rides, better rides, the kind that captivate the imagination and entertain.
    I COMPLETELY agree with you. You can put a dress and a tiara on a
    dog, and it still ain't gonna win the Miss America Contest! That park in
    the old parking lot needs a lot of deconstruction, before any new construction should begin.

It shows how badly out of touch the marketing department is with the state of things. The management doesn't truely understand what is wrong with DCA. It's so obvious what park needs to turn it around.

The answer isn't some quick fix or one thing that will turn it around that can be put into a marketing survey. It's requires total involvement by the managment. It needs to be a completely different place from top to bottom. It's got to match or exceed Disneyland in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Today, I got a survey in my e-mail...
    Darkbeer, that is classic! Hilarious!

According to TDA insider "Marcie" over on Mouseinfo DCA is doing just fine and it's meeting all of its goals and projections. But this survey clearly proves that is not the case and Disney knows it must change and improve DCA to achieve long term success for this troubled park.

Thanks for posting that Darkbeer. Next time I'm at the park I'll stop avoiding the batallion of customer research CM's that I always brush off.

Again, that survey really says it all about Disney leadership's current thinking on DCA and what its future must look like to them if they don't fix the park.

• Fish Food

3. More Family Rides
    11. Better Atmosphere
    8. Add a Fireworks Show

To me, #3 is most important, but I think for the first time visitor - #11 is critical. The first time I went to DCA (three years ago) I was majorly disappointed. I was expecting that Disney feel - no matter what the theme of the park was. I didn't feel it. After I left and when I looked back at my pictures and thought about it without all of my expectations, I liked DCA much better. I think the Animation building is the most underrated attraction at both parks.

My love for DCA has grown quite a bit over the past three years, but it doesn't stand alone as a park. I don't have a problem with the California theme in California (I think a lot of places do this - CA is a big state with many environments and atmospheres as well as a rich history.)

If they changed the theming keeping many aspects of the park - what would they change it to? America maybe? That could work. They could do the patriotic thing and theme areas of the country.

I like DCA very much, but it took me some time to get there. With most people, Disney doesn't have that kind of leeway. After going to WDW and seeing the theming at MGM and Animal Kingdom and Epcot last April, it's obvious how neglected DCA really is. I know Florida is the hot destination, but I think it's shameful that they would neglect Disneyland's companion park this way. At least now on the tv ads they say disneyparks.com. It was all about Disneyworld for the longest time.

My brother and his family went to Disneyworld two years ago, and last year they went to Disneyland. All three of them agreed - Disneyworld is the second happiest place on earth. That was their declaration without any micechat propaganda. Go figure.

• I love my family!

24... All of the above!

• I love this place!

3, 11, 16.

#3 because I feel that DCA divides up familes too much into thrill riders, movie types, and kids.

#11 because I couldn't decide between #4 & #12, and #11 kinda sums it up.

#16 because I've always felt the "Ca." theme too restrictive, and what's in it for Ca residents? Should be rethemed as "Walt Disney's America", then the possibilities are endless.

I also got this survey in my e-mail...though I live in Japan....

I choiced

2,5(I loved the show:Beach Party Bash),8

• Quality not quantity

I hope they don't fire the poor CM that selected YOU for the survey.....

Put me down for a:

4. More or Better Themeing on existing Rides and Attractions
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Senior Minion

Well I'm hoping that changes start coming soon.

• Just this guy......

> 24. All of the Above

I think that says it all.

3, 8, 11. 3 would be the most important to me. I love thrill rides but I have a two year old son. A couple years from now he may love them but now at DCA I have to walk back and forth from Monsters Inc. to the Chew Chew Train.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Where's Push?

My choices would be 5, 12, and 17.

5 - I really enjoyed D.U.H when it was at DCA and I really miss it. I like to enjoy the entertainment in between riding rides.. It adds to the atmosphere of the park.
    12 - More trees! It is hot there during the summer and shading is very hard to come by.
    17 - Later closing hours.. DCA is wonderful at night time!

Most important to me would be #5 stage shows..
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Ok time for cocoa

3,4 & 5. 5 being the most important, I only go for Soaring and the Shows. OK and Monsters. OK, OK, free tortillas.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Minion

If you had the chance to improve DCA, pick up to 3 of the following choices....

3. More Family Rides (To me this means stellar immersive, amazing, transporting, storytelling Walt Disney-style E-tickets like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, Spider-Man - - that will thrill kids of all ages and inspire the creative soul).

4. More or Better Themeing on existing Rides and Attractions (Take me away from the grinding and repetitive real world of MBAs and marketers to some fanciful and luxurious Utopia).

11. Better Atmosphere (See above - - and add an overall context and theme that makes the park a cohesive and Disneyesque whole - - and give me uncompromised visual beauty, not mediocrity - - with weenies at the end of the streets and a layout that is actually pleasant and navigatable and compelling).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast