Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clam Chowder!!!

• Picturing the Magic

Talking Clam Chowder!!!

Disneyland's clam chowder has to best the best clam chowder ever! Just thinking about it makes my mouth quench for it's excellent taste. Though the price is a little high, once the crackers are added in there are no more worries of money. The only thing that seems to matter is taking it slowly and steady when consuming this heavenly food. I just love when i think that all the clam chowder is gone but then i realize that these sneaky liquids have been absorbed into the breadbowl. It's like a little disney surprise! I wonder of the power it could have when being eating with a dole whip float???

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Re: Clam Chowder!!!

I agree, the clam cowder is awesome! i had a bread bowl of it once and i just wanted to eat it for every meal. but of course, y'know the "to much of a good thing" stuff....

It does taste pretty good, but it is geared more towards the crowd so it loses the actual flavor.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Having spent the last 6 years of my life in the SF bay area, nothing will ever beat the clam chowder from Fisherman's Wharf... that and I've gone veggie nowadays >_<
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Mouseke-Awesome

I agree, for Disneyland it is pretty good chowder, but I'm more of a Splash Cafe gal myself

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Shoot. I always hear people saying Shrimp and clam chowder are good. Your post makes me want to try some for once! But probably not a good idea with a shellfish allergy !

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Having spent the last 6 years of my life in the SF bay area, nothing will ever beat the clam chowder from Fisherman's Wharf... that and I've gone veggie nowadays >_<

WOOT WOOT!!!! A bay area gal, Sadako? i never knew!!! haha Fishermans warf is the best around! But DL's is quite tasty too. My mom LOVES it at DL...as long as its in a bread bowl

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    WOOT WOOT!!!! A bay area gal, Sadako? i never knew!!! haha Fishermans warf is the best around! But DL's is quite tasty too. My mom LOVES it at DL...as long as its in a bread bowl
    Yep yep, even though I didn't actually grow up in the bay area (grew up in Venezuela - South America), I was born in Burlingame and went to college at San Jose State University.

BTW, the bread bowls at River Belle Terrace always taste a tad stale to me, but the ones over at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA are always fresh and to die for!
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    Bay area in the house! I loves me some chowda! Especially at DL on a cool night!
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I haven't had Disneyland's Clam Chowder in awhile, but I do remember it as tasty. I also love the soggy, clammy bread bowl coda to the meal.

The best clam chowder in the known universe?

Find "Neptune's Net" on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

Oh my! Pure buttery, creamy, clammy heaven!

Trust me, it's worth the drive.

Don't even think about the calories. Just eat the chowder!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Man O Lantern

Bah! Disneyland's clam chowder is grosso! It's all weirdly falsely thick with powdery thickeners....my husband got some once and that was enough. We laughed at it's meager attempt to pass as chowdah.

We're from Oregon, and that Disneyland stuff is not clam chowder!

The clam chowder has a great taste, but it is not high on my list because it is meant to please the audience instead of being 100% authentic

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Espacie Montana View Post
    The clam chowder has a great taste, but it is not high on my list because it is meant to please the audience instead of being 100% authentic
    There's an interesting philosophical delimma. Should one aspire to be authentic, or tasty?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    Disneyland's clam chowder has to best the best clam chowder ever! Just thinking about it makes my mouth quench for it's excellent taste. Though the price is a little high, once the crackers are added in there are no more worries of money. The only thing that seems to matter is taking it slowly and steady when consuming this heavenly food. I just love when i think that all the clam chowder is gone but then i realize that these sneaky liquids have been absorbed into the breadbowl. It's like a little disney surprise! I wonder of the power it could have when being eating with a dole whip float???

OK now I want to try this clam chowder you speak of. Did you get it from The Royal Street Veranda right next to POTC?

• e komo mai

I've never tried Disneyland's Clam Chowder. I'll have to give it a shot.

If you're ever in the Monterey Bay area, Sea Harvest Restaurant has great Clam Chowder as does Phil's Fish Market at Moss Landing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast