• Comin' at ya!

Anyone know where i can find, the video?

I don't know if this is the right board, so it might get moved. Anyway, does anyone know where i can watch the Mouse *gy video of the mascots? I saw a news thing on it but i can't find the footage anywhere.

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Anyone know where i can find, the video?

It's in the Disneyland Resort Paris forum, it happened there not here.

• Disneyland Cast Member

It is on ifilm. It was originally on youtube, but got pulled. Try http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2778702

• Minion

try here

it makes me so pissed watching this ... i hope they got fired

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~ View Post
    try here

it makes me so pissed watching this ... i hope they got fired
    If I was Bob Iger, I would of personally learnt every possible swear word in French (from Miss Piggy, of course), flown over to Paris and given it too them, one by one. Then I would have fired them, with No-Rehire.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

The thing is, in and of itself, the behaviour is probably no worse than most underpaid coworkers mucking about together.

However, that it got filmed and posted online is so contrary to the Disney ethos that it is worse than the time that some little kiddie saw a character taking his head off.

It's like a car crash to watch, though. It's wrong, but I can't look away...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It happened back stage for goodness sakes. These kids were just having a good time. My only concern was for the one playing Minnie. It was not clear to me if she was playing along or trying to get away.

If this had happened on stage or in a children's hospital, then I'd be right there with you guys saying fire them. But that wasn't the case.

This one doesn't bother me very much.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

The person who is most culpable is the person who videod it and/or distributed it.

At first, I was blown away at what they were doing, but then it looked like they were goofing around (no pun intended) before going out on stage or for a parade or something. Some of the CMs running by didn't seem to notice what was happening (toward the end). Of course when characters are back stage it seems like they would just chit chat with the costumes half on, play an occasional joke, etc. Behind the scenes--it is not magic--it is a production. Of course NO ONE outside of the situation should ever know about that--hence the culpability of the videographer.

Personally, I can't blame the characters for goofing around backstage. But the guy that released the tape should get fired and sued.

INMHO

However, personally, I think the behavior is appalling per my own moral standards.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    If I was Bob Iger, I would of personally learnt every possible swear word in French (from Miss Piggy, of course), flown over to Paris and given it too them, one by one. Then I would have fired them, with No-Rehire.
    You know what? This type of thing is probably way more common that you would imagine. When you get a bunch of adults together wearing these silly costumes, then weird things can start to happen. Unfortunately, this time someone had a camera and posted it to the internet. However, I think flying Iger to Paris to let multiple heads roll is far too severe for this incident.

Walt Disney himself knew the value of blowing off steam. He was squeaky clean in front of the audience, but could let it rip backstage if necessary. And he would much rather have his staff "get it out of their system" when they were out of sight, instead of doing something stupid onstage.

So, what happened isn't Disney's greatest moment, but don't blow it out of proportion.

--Tim
    Last edited by brassplayer; 10-13-2006 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Grammatical Error
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Having a Grand Day!

I can understand that this happens, and I have no problem with employees letting off steam, but for it to happen in full character costume is unacceptable. Even worse, it got filmed for millions of children to see in the news media.

I don't really think that the employees appreciated just who they were representing when they performed this act - these characters are the heart of the Walt Dinsey company and mean so much to many people, so many children, around the world.

It fires me up that these ignorant people would activly remove these character's innocence just for a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    I can understand that this happens, and I have no problem with employees letting off steam, but for it to happen in full character costume is unacceptable. Even worse, it got filmed for millions of children to see in the news media.
    It wasn't supposed to be broadcast. You can bet that if any of those CMs knew that this might end up in the wild, it would never have happened.

--Tim
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post
    It wasn't supposed to be broadcast. You can bet that if any of those CMs knew that this might end up in the wild, it would never have happened.

--Tim
    Unless most of France has been lining under a rock, it's obvious if you put something even slighty damaging on YouTube, it's going to get picked up, espcially since major news organisations like ITN have been running exposes on the site's contents for a while now.

The issue at hand here is that these performers should have known what they were doing and who they were portraying before they went and did it - Imagine the number of familys who now go to DLP who won't go near Mickey and Co. because of this.

Anyway, moving on, shouldn't this be merged with the Thred in the DLP forum?

To tell you the truth I dont find this funny at all. they can do whatever they want behind stage but to video it and distribute it? Hell No! Not in my books! Digg.com Reported that Disney Apologised for it so I'm guessing they did get fired.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003