Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andrew's 10-12-06 Update: Snow machines, sub lagoon, and what's gotten into Indy?

Fresh off a 3 day at Disneyland weekend, I proceeded to head back there to see the park without crowds... and was wrong. But, in the process, I have come up with a new update!
    Let's get started, shall we?

Bridge work continues on the Frontierland bridge. It's half torn up, still.

Huh... I'd say it's half built. WILL YOU STOP THAT?!

I noticed these funny looking things coming out of the speaker boxes on the edge of the Rivers of America. I was aghast... could they be testing a new effect for Fantasmic!? I resolved to investigate.

Yoyo... We're mysterious black boxes on sticks... CURIOUS YET? I thought so.

Close up.

Yeah, that's right. Andrew's been successfully confused by us. Go team!

One more look.

Cause I CAN'T STOP STARING AT THESE THINGS!!

Look what popped up in the Adventureland Outpost. Ok, so bizarre place to find them, but this is the first I've seen of Disneyland and Nemo directly co-branded.

Hi. I'm Dory. I'm here with my friend Fabio (Nemo) right, Nemo. And now that I've just saved him from sure death, what are we going to do next???
    Oh... ummmmm.... I forgot.

Over by the Matterhorn, I wanted to see what one of my favorites was up to and... wait, what's that I see?

ZOMG i cant believe you looked behind teh w@lz0rz!11 there their for a reezon1!!1

Yes, folks, it't the one, the only....
    A SLED IN SARAN-WRAP!!
    Ok, so I can't tell from this picture if they're changed or if they're just protected, but they're still in there.

You will all bow to my mad photo skillz!

Um... it's pretty much a mess. Ooh look! Rusted track!

Your FACE is pretty much a mess!

Over in Small World Mall, the snow machines are up... wait... hang on... where have I seen that before???

I know I've seen it somewhere!!

AH HA!! The mystery is solved once again.

A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets.......

A closer look at the happy snow machines.

And by happy, I mean "Dear god get me out of the Small World area!!!"

Speaking of Small World, wiring is up for the Holiday Version.

That's right... soon I'll be more lit up than one of Kayne's outfits.

There's work over there, apparantly.

Blink and you miss it.

Those trees needed a haircut. They were starting to grow mullets.

Aw, dude. We were just keeping it real, man.

So, Darkbeer. I have a newfound respect for you, having to go into Innoventions for every photo update and keep your sanity. It's something I could not do. Oh, and Tom is into both the holidays and the newest marketing jazz.

There's a great big world of innoventions... shining at the *bang*
    Who did that? *leaves the scene*

Just thought I'd give a little hi to DisneyKat. She'll love the next part. Hey look, painted rocks!

and tomorrow's just a dream away... Oh no. It's in my head now.

I don't know what they're doing, but it looks like they think it's important.

Dee da dee dum deedle deedle dee dumm....
    [mob]

Lots of wood in that lagoon. Yep.

There are, like, SO MANY jokes for that. Sigh.

Barbossa's back in rehab.

That's why all the rum's gone.

So, Haunted Mansion (Holiday, ew) has some stage lighting. Don't know what for.

I'm filming another movie. I know how much you liked the first one, but I feel I was unfairly denied an Oscar.

I hope it doesn't get stage fright.

Oh, shoot! Didn't think about that one! *hides*

Look! 2 shots in one! We have new rocks AND ramp construction.

And a turtle. Don't forget.

This time I stood still and took the picture.

That, or I fixed that darn cracked lens.

In 3 seconds, this sheet metal is going to crash to the ground spectacularly.

3...2...1...CLANGKADANGBANGADANGDINGGG!!

One last overview shot. (Yes, I jumped. Got a problem?)

Just a dream away!!! AGH! I have to leave tomorrowland.

And... buh? What are you doing, Indy?

They have no idea what you're talking about.

Good point. So Indy stopped distribution of Fastpasses a little early this evening, but that's not the big thing.
    For the past couple days, they've been testing new queue volumes, substantially different than before. Whereas before, you could usually reach the spike cave before stopping, on Monday, we got to halfway down the bamboo hallway.
    Today they took it a step further and filled it to the obelisk of doom. (For those of you keeping score, that's the second room of the indoor queue). They handed some "wait time" cards to people going in, and some from standby already had them. There was virtually no difference between fastpass and standby, save for the usual difference caused by the time window limits. They basically weren't controlling the entry to the temple. I was impressed by the brisk pace the line took through the temple, having forgotten the volume of people it could handle.
    So who knows? Is that rumored removal of Fastpass for that people-eating attraction imminent?
    When, and if we find out, Eye on the Globe will be there!

Hope you enjoyed! Leave me a comment or two!

Re: Andrew's 10-12-06 Update: Snow machines, sub lagoon, and what's gotten into Indy?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Is it my imagination, or do I spy more padding on those seats? Anyway, great update! Loved the comentary!

• Senior Minion

Re: Andrew's 10-12-06 Update: Snow machines, sub lagoon, and what's gotten into Indy?

Loved the wisecracks in the commentary. The Nemo T-shirt is really well done. Thanks.

• I love my family!

Great pics and update.

It's about time they started using Indy's queue again, what a waste that was.

Good point. So Indy stopped distribution of Fastpasses a little early this evening, but that's not the big thing.
    For the past couple days, they've been testing new queue volumes, substantially different than before. Whereas before, you could usually reach the spike cave before stopping, on Monday, we got to halfway down the bamboo hallway.
    Today they took it a step further and filled it to the obelisk of doom. (For those of you keeping score, that's the second room of the indoor queue). They handed some "wait time" cards to people going in, and some from standby already had them. There was virtually no difference between fastpass and standby, save for the usual difference caused by the time window limits. They basically weren't controlling the entry to the temple. I was impressed by the brisk pace the line took through the temple, having forgotten the volume of people it could handle.
    So who knows? Is that rumored removal of Fastpass for that people-eating attraction imminent?
    When, and if we find out, Eye on the Globe will be there!
    The attraction utilization studies are a normal part of business; they occur periodically at all the locations.

thanks for sharing

• Senior Minion

Loved the update!

• I'm not really here

Great photos. Loved the commentary! And awesome reference to Prairie Home Companion in there. Made me laugh. I'm curious how they will be using snow machines in F!. Should be pretty cool. It's a fun effect and gets great crowd response during the fireworks.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mouseke-Awesome

Yes, folks, it't the one, the only....
    A SLED IN SARAN-WRAP!!
    I'm sure if we open 'em up they'll be nice, fresh and crispy!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Excellent update and great photos. Thanks!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Sock Puppet

Your photo update begs me to ask this question:

Matterhorn is down every year, right? Well, why does it always get torn up at the station? Is the ground unstable or something?

• Back After Missing MC

Great report! You are officially the first MiceChatter that I have seen that has reported on the snow machines being up and the holiday effects going on Small World.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm curious how they will be using snow machines in F!. Should be pretty cool. It's a fun effect and gets great crowd response during the fireworks.
    I'm pretty sure they're for Believe... in Holiday Magic, and these were just in a testing position.
    Thanks for the comments, everyone!

• Banned User

I have a question,

I was there on the 11th and the frontierland bridge was fenced up, what kind of work are they doing on it?

Speaking of Small World, wiring is up for the Holiday Version.

That's right... soon I'll be more lit up than one of Kayne's outfits.

Great report and pics! Thanks for sharing them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast