Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Oddball things you always look at while on attractions

I'm not talking the usual animatronics or scenes, I'm talking really off the cuff things. Here's some examples of what I am talking about.

When on POTC there are 2 things I always make sure I look at. One is as you leave the battle scene and enter the mayor dunking scene, on the left up above on the "patio" area of the facade, there's this very 1960's looking round bubble lamp that I always think looks like something you'd see in an enclosed patio. The other thing I look at is between the jail scene and the gun fight, on the right are 2 arches on top of each other and I always look at the keystone of the bottom one.

On HM at the very end before going into the "ghost will follow you home" room, I look up. I'm not even looking at the crow thats there, I just always look up for some reason.

While on IASW, I make sure I look up at the mechanism that makes the dolls fly around.

Mr Toad I look up (what is it with me and looking up?!) while inside the queue at the bust of Toad in the rafters.

Splash Mountain - the rug Brer Rabbit sits on at the very end.

I KNOW I can't be the only one that looks at oddball things. Think about it. What do YOU look at every time?

• Popular Princess

Re: Oddball things you always look at while on attractions

on potc, i look up at the foot of drunk pirate sitting on the bridge. i keep looking at it until i can no longer see it. i've been doing that since i was little.

on iasw, i also look up at the mechanisms that make the dolls fly around.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• I love this place!

On Indy, I always have to turn and look for Bones, even though I'm not as young as I used to be, and it kinda hurts my back!

On IASW I always look at the floor where all the poles are. For some reason it always catches my attention.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I never really thought about it, but yes, I too stare at the IASW mechinisms that make the dolls fly.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

On most of the Fantasyland dark rides I tend to look down at the track. When flying over London on Peter Pan I almost always look at my pants, The way the lighter jean fibers glow just always catches my attention. Also on Star Tours I always always always look at the floor instead of the screen because if i didn't the people sitting next to me would not be very happy.

And I too always look at the foot of the drunken pirate

• I love Mulholland Madness

I'm a pirate foot looker too. We should start 12 step program for people with anamatronic pirate foot fetish.
    Be Nice or Leave

• Pirate Girl

On Pirates I always watch for in the last scene the metal helmet on our right on a wooden crate to move and clink. Sometimes the shield hanging on the wall gets "hit" and moves and clinks too :-) Those things make me happy :-)

Aprille :-)

• The Monkey's Uncle

Matterhorn - at the end... Oddly, I always turn around to see one of the slowly spinning radial tires pushing us toward the "permane ser sentados por favor" speaker.

Big Thunder Trail - ALWAYS look at old MINE TRAIN tunnel (now covered with camo netting) and have a 10 second daydream of what the attraction was like. While I don't remember much... I remember enough to know I was SOOOO excited to ride it each and every time as a child.

• Circle of Ancients

It's not so much what I "look at," but more what I "say" every time I go on certain rides. Whenever I see the sword fighting scene on POTC, I say "Fight fight , it's a fight" and when I see the pirate who's driving the boat I say "There's my boyfriend" and when I see the parrot I say "It's Chachi!" I say these things quietly of course so as not to disturb the other guests on the boat!

Oh wait....I forgot about "Hairy leg dude" and "wiggly piggly foot" and don't know how to spell it but it 's the sound of the two cats going "Rrrhhhaaaahhh"

• Premium Youngling and

Matterhorn- turn around as passing the Yeti (not sure why)

BTMR- the goat

Indiana- turn around right when we go into our chamber (not quite sure what Im looking for but I know its there...)

Pirates- in the battle scene, I always turn around to see where the fog comes from and the lighting

HM- I always look at the crack on the glass in the ballroom that Disney simply covered up to make it look like a spider web by putting a spider on it

Last but not least, the golden stake to mark the center of the park

• Was it magical for you?

POTC I've been looking for some hidden donuts in the skeleton grotto that a CM told me about but I can't find ( maybe there pulling my peg leg) I don't have the drunk pirate foot fetish but I do try to look at the red wenches "undercarriage" and I always look at the 2 cats in POTC, even though one of there tails is broken and I usually talk with the pirate"here kitty,kitty, want some rum?" I always make sure at the end that the jail cells have locks on them for awhile the first cell didn't have a lock ( don't want them pirates getting out!) On BTMRR I always make noises with the goat and tiki room you have to sing with the birdies.On Indy I'm always looking on the ground, don't know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeia View Post
    I'm a pirate foot looker too. We should start 12 step program for people with anamatronic pirate foot fetish.
    yes!!! i totally agree!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Just Me

Another vote for the pirate's foot in POTC and the doll flying mechanism in iasw. I also always notice the cat with the permanently broken tail in POTC.

On Alice in Wonderland when your caterpillar car comes out on the second level I always find myself looking down at the marks the tires make beside the tracks.

In the Haunted Mansion when I get to the grandfather clock I always look behind me at the "claw wheel" that makes the shadow effect on the clock face.

On Space I'm always looking down or to the sides. On Big Thunder I always look at the possums and the goat. And I watch the dolls in small world fly.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast