• Premium Youngling and

Question Throwing Up On Pirates?!?

Who throws up on Pirates? I went on Pirates yesterday right before closing. We were in the second boat and as we were sitting down, we noticed that a couple was refusing to sit down in the last row of the first boat. The CM's were trying to get them on but they refused to. The CM looked in and saw the reason why they werent getting on the boat. They evacuated everyone off of the boat and tied a rag to the front signifying that the next time it gets to the docks, they will just let it through. Needless to say, I had to smell the most revolting scent the whole ride.

Now here comes my question; Who has a week enough stomach to throw up on Pirates? Has anyone ever gotten sick to their stomach on this ride before?

Re: Throwing Up On Pirates?!?

Not on Pirates, but once when I was riding it's a small world, a little boy hurled his lunch all over the back of the lady in front of him. No warning. Just a sudden Excorcist-like spray. He had about three spews, too. We weren't too far on the ride, so we had a good 10 minutes or so so enjoy the aroma.

While I felt bad for the little boy (and the lady with the newly-decorated shirt), as soon as we got off the ride and were out of earshot, I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't think it's a weak stomach, though. It's either something they ate or a stomach virus.

• Banned User

What do you think "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum" is supposed to mean, anyway?

It could have been someone who was already sick and everything decided to come up there and then, or someone who had some bad fish at Blue Bayou shortly before getting on, or someone who'd been knocking back a few too many mixed cocktails at Club 33, or something like that.

I was laughing so hard when I read this. I have thrown up on Pirates when I was little. We went on the ride right after lunch. I threw up through the whole thing into my mother's sweater. Needless to say, she threw that away and I wanted to go on again when it was over.

• Banned User

Hey, since we're on the topic of throwing up and vomit and barfing and upchucking and blowing chunks, here's a lovely thought for everyone to picture in their minds:

Cottage cheese, and oatmeal. Yummmm....

I'm pretty sure people can throw up ANYWHERE when their breakfast is cotton candy, they're young and excited, and when they haven't had anything to drink that's not at least 20% sugar for several days. I've seen multiple cleanups just in queues even.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    Hey, since we're on the topic of throwing up and vomit and barfing and upchucking and blowing chunks, here's a lovely thought for everyone to picture in their minds:

Cottage cheese, and oatmeal. Yummmm....
    dont forget ketchup, churros & pickles...not too mention the ranch dressing from the fries...Than the cottage cheese

• I love this place!

It probably wasn't Pirates that made the person ralph. It was probably a delayed reaction to 6 churros, 3 cokes, popcorn and some french fries (fuel); 45 minutes running around Tom Sawyer's Island (for a little dehydration), a spin on the tea cups, Star Tours and the Matterhorn (lovely mixing action), a missed nap with plenty of added time in the hot sun (for general unease, malaise, added nausea, and loss of clear decision making faculties) and then a little whiff of a funny odor (Pirates is good for this) and it all just erupted! Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick after typing that. BLECH!

• Mouseke-Awesome

I don't mean to laugh, but throwing up in any Disneyland ride just doesn't make sense to me! But...I digress. On a mondo-size family trip I went on Astrp Orbitor with my kid cousin and he didn't know how to control it, I showed him how and it was a BIG mistake I swear when I got off that ride I couldn't make heads or tails of anything!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    6 churros, 3 cokes, popcorn and some french fries (fuel)
    So true, so true

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    Who throws up on Pirates? I went on Pirates yesterday right before closing. We were in the second boat and as we were sitting down, we noticed that a couple was refusing to sit down in the last row of the first boat. The CM's were trying to get them on but they refused to. The CM looked in and saw the reason why they werent getting on the boat. They evacuated everyone off of the boat and tied a rag to the front signifying that the next time it gets to the docks, they will just let it through. Needless to say, I had to smell the most revolting scent the whole ride.

Now here comes my question; Who has a week enough stomach to throw up on Pirates? Has anyone ever gotten sick to their stomach on this ride before?

I have seen this before. It happened in the boat behind me. The custodian had to ride the attraction and clean it up while the ride was going. I actually thought that was pretty funny!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I have seen this before. It happened in the boat behind me. The custodian had to ride the attraction and clean it up while the ride was going. I actually thought that was pretty funny!
    Haha thats great

Some little kid overloaded on sugar and caffeine probably couldn't hold on anymore and had to let it all go.