Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Astro Orbitor bronze days numbered?

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    And the length of the line doesn't take away from the fact that it's redundant. Slap a couple of ears on those rockets, and you've pretty much got the same ride.
    Hm. I didn't get to spend much time at DL to judge this year, but I remembered the Orbiter being pretty busy in the summer. I know MK out east has two on the ground (Orbiter, Aladdin's carpets) and rockets on the roof and I did all three and found them all to be running at a good clip, during what was supposed to be the "dead period" for that resort too.

Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    ---------------------
    Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Disneyland does NOT need two Dumbo rides.

---------------------

Sorry, but there is hardly ever a BIG line for the Astro Orbitor. We were there last Sunday. Park was fairly crowded. The line for Casey Jr. was about as long as I've ever seen it. Still, the Orbiter looked to be about 15 minutes - the same as it almost always is.

Let me ask you this: If the ride was up high above the People Mover, do you think the line would be about the same as it is now? No way - at least double the wait I'd venture to bet....

Case closed. Move it back on u-u-u-uuuuuup!
    Actually, when I have gone I usually see it more like a 40-45 minute wait durring the day. And as it being the same as Dumbo, the Orbitor is a little more "intense." It does go higher up and at more of an angle as well.

I would almost prefer to get rid of Dumbo. Guests riding around in flying dug-out elephant carcasses....not to mention the wasted area behind it (little waterfall and music box). Sorry...I just never "got" Dumbo.

As for the jets...move em if you can find a space for the line. Curring one traffic jam by creating another is not a fix in my opinion.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    You're equating the fruitless movement of an already popular attraction to please the fanboys with the construction of an entire theme park? I don't see the connection.
    Because you're not willing to see it! No matter what we say, no matter how many facts we give for our reasons, your mind is already made up on the subject, and nothing will unseat you. I'm sure you will continue to ignorantly post your opinion on the matter, however, so go ahead.

Anyway, what about putting the queue towers or whatever in this section?

There is plenty of wasted space there. Nothing but Cosmic Waves and an ODV stand, if I'm not mistaken.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

The PM queue can use the Rocket Rods underground passage for its queue. Most of it still exists, if I'm not mistaken, and the entrance can be Store Command... move that store to the old Space Exhibit (Buzz FP) and remove fastpass.
    Put the Orbiter line where the planter/DVC/Churro cart is now...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara View Post
    Because you're not willing to see it! No matter what we say, no matter how many facts we give for our reasons, your mind is already made up on the subject, and nothing will unseat you. I'm sure you will continue to ignorantly post your opinion on the matter, however, so go ahead.

Anyway, what about putting the queue towers or whatever in this section?

There is plenty of wasted space there. Nothing but Cosmic Waves and an ODV stand, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the aeriel 'eye' shot, Mara!

There's plenty of space for the elevator towers and all they need to do is build a small queue with rails like they have in front of Tomorrowland. The cosmic waves circle is definitely unnecessary now that the "waves" no longer exist and it was never 'cosmic' to begin with. And no, the queue for the Rocket Jets old location does NOT need to go underground.

What many people are forgetting is that on top of the platform was another wait area as well so not as much space is required down below in front of the elevators.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by socal05 View Post
    ---------------------
    Sorry, but there is hardly ever a BIG line for the Astro Orbitor.
    We went in Feb. My husband and 7 year old got in line for Star Tours, while my 2 year old and I went to get fastpasses for Buzz. The line for AO didn't *look* long, so I got in line, figuring we'd be done long before the boys. I was so totally wrong. The boys were off ST, found us in line, and had enough time to go get food and come back with it before we got off the ride. I couldn't believe it took us *that* long to ride the AO.
    xo, Deanna

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456