Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Re: Golden Zephyr - What Should Be Done To It?

OK.... golden zepher....... yeah, very unimaginative.... not needed, pass,.....

WAIT..... put in the center of the revolving stage in innoventions...but going he other way...... yeah, yeah.......corrodinate the speed and call it SPACESHIP EARTH... or something..... or then around it put dozens of little puppets all singing..... and call it IT"S A SMALL SPACESHIP EARTH... wait wait..... in the center have a robot that looks like Abe Lincoln and call it GREAT MOMENTS WITH A SMALL SPACESHIP.

I could go on...... but thankfully I wont

• Shaman of the Whills

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    That needs to go. I went on it once when DCA first opened and I was bored to tears and every time I have gone to DCA it's closed.
    Well, it does depend on if you're with kids and what age they are. Agreed, I'm not sure if I'd go on it all by my lonely self, but my kids love it.

• For You!

We really like the zephyr - although it's way too short. But, most times, you can stay on and ride it again. My kids also love the jumping jellyfish. Just remember, not all rides are for adults - It's exciting to a 5 year old and 7 year old!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

The Golden Zephyr is a larger version of a ride that once was a staple of most amusement parks in this country. They were built by the Traver Engineering Co, the same firm that built the famous/infamous Cyclone coasters of the 1920'a. Originally built with dirrigible style tubs, they were upgraded to airplanes by the WWI era, most of the rides that made it into the 1930's-40's were fitted with the stainless steel rocket ships built by Traver's successor R. E. Chambers.
    The DCA/Paradise Pier version was built by Morgan Manufacturing. It was built taller and with larger tubs to increase capacity. These changes resulted with the instabilites it encountered with the winds. I have ridden several original Traver/Chambers rocket ships and it would take some really severe weather to shut them down. The Morgan version is also faster than the originals, probabaly owing to the increased diameter of the sweeps due to the larger tubs.
    In all fairness it was an attempt to replicate a classic old school ride. Astehically they suceeded. The problems with the aerodynamics were probably not forseen as the originals never really had a problem with them.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 10-15-2006 at 12:49 PM.

• Banned User

I never see it running while Block Party is out.. always find that odd..

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Personally, what I think should be done with it is, they should try and see how fast they can actually get the thing to spin! Wouldn't that be awesome?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    You are incorrect because you are listening/reading biased sources. The Golden Zephyr was altered several years ago and now functions on most days except during high winds.
    As to what they should do with it ... nothing. It's a great, majestic ride that genuinely recalls the bygone days of the seaside resorts that Paradise Pier is themed to emulate.
    Took the words out of my mouth! Yes, in my opinion all the Paradise Pier attractions are being unjustly treated when in reality they are all great rides.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth! Yes, in my opinion all the Paradise Pier attractions are being unjustly treated when in reality they are all great rides.
    To reply...

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Actually I'm doing no such thing. Many times, recently, I have gone to DCA with my partner and the ride has been shut down when there has been no wind at all, but told it was shut down due to wind. I received this reason from multiple cast members. So no, I'm not just listening/reading to biased sources, I'm going off of my own experiences and observations. Also, as for the fate of the ride I'm only going by the articles I've read about the potential changes to that corner of the park.

...Joe...

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I never see it running while Block Party is out.. always find that odd..
    Iv seen it running when BPB is out preforming...
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    OK.... golden zepher....... yeah, very unimaginative.... not needed, pass,.....

WAIT..... put in the center of the revolving stage in innoventions...but going he other way...... yeah, yeah.......corrodinate the speed and call it SPACESHIP EARTH... or something..... or then around it put dozens of little puppets all singing..... and call it IT"S A SMALL SPACESHIP EARTH... wait wait..... in the center have a robot that looks like Abe Lincoln and call it GREAT MOMENTS WITH A SMALL SPACESHIP.

I could go on...... but thankfully I wont
    Well... at least your idea has some imagination!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Waste of Space? Bugs land is a waste of Space. The Golden Zephyr is uses its space very well and takes up almost no space at all.
    I usaully see it having a line for 20-30 mins so its doing good for that type of ride.

• Infinitized!

It would be neat turning the swings/rockets into cars on a kid friendly roller coaster in DCA.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Personally, what I think should be done with it is, they should try and see how fast they can actually get the thing to spin! Wouldn't that be awesome?
    Yes and stick the unimaginative executives that are destroying the parks on it!!! Mwahahaha!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Waste of Space? Bugs land is a waste of Space. The Golden Zephyr is uses its space very well and takes up almost no space at all.
    I usaully see it having a line for 20-30 mins so its doing good for that type of ride.
    When have you been to the park to witness that? I've never seen the line over 5 mins. Did you see this during the summer?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I say just redesign the Paradise Pier hotel (they're gonna do it anyway and you all know it) to include it's own little paradies pier park that includes the Jumpin Jellyfish, Mulholland Madness, Golden zephyr, and Orange Stinger. Charge $5 to get one ride on each. That leaves a lot of space open for DCA to do some wonderful things.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast