Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No dedication speech by roy now.....

well, it looks like roy really wont do the dedication speech for disneyland even though disney asked him to, because he just filed a lawsuit today against the walt disney company for an unfair election.

so, it looks like roy isnt going to recite the dedication speech,
    but at least something is being done about the directors and their so called "fair" election.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Thumbs down

Well that's such a shame...why would he ruin a grand moment to honor Walt like that? I mean he could have waited to sue...couldn't he?

:confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Perhaps he figures that in doing it now, the case will get more public attention, and therefore more people on his side.

I still wish he'd do the dedication speech, though...

• Rainicorn.

Damn him. I wanted a Disney there.

His case is still justified.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Well that's such a shame...why would he ruin a grand moment to honor Walt like that? I mean he could have waited to sue...couldn't he?

:confused:
    Not really, Eisner's "retirement" and Iger's "promotion" happen in July... I think on the 15th... (It may be on the 30th) What a great opportunity for Eisner's final goodbye speach... :shutter:

There isn't enough time to freeze Eisner's pay... And make the deadline of the switchover...
    Check out my other blog:

jim hill media did bring up a good point by saying that it was not a good time to sue. they actually referred to it as a "hail mary", or a last attempt do do something before there was no hope. but, back to the point, jim hill said with all the disney glamour and glitter during the 50th, its going to be hard to make the disney board look like bad people to the judge and jury.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687
    jim hill media did bring up a good point by saying that it was not a good time to sue. they actually referred to it as a "hail mary", or a last attempt do do something before there was no hope. but, back to the point, jim hill said with all the disney glamour and glitter during the 50th, its going to be hard to make the disney board look like bad people to the judge and jury.
    Actually, I don't really care what Jim Hill says...

It's likely not to get before an jury by then... think a couple years down the road...

I really think it is a legal firing over the bow of the board...

The real fight is going to be durring the next Annual Meeting of Investors...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687
    well, it looks like roy really wont do the dedication speech for disneyland even though disney asked him to,
    I find it VERY hard to believe that Roy was asked. Why would they ask him to be there on July 17th and not May 5th? it doesn't make any sense. What do we have besides Jim Hill's word?

• Senior Minion

This is really leaves me in disgust, that not one Disney family member will be reading or participating in either of the celebrations. Isn't Roy Disney in his 70's?

I guess he's going to battle until the day he dies? I understand what MerlinJones fired at me about all the hideous things done in the company.
    I have read Disney War,which I have decided that this book should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Honestly, I don't know what side to take. I would rather be on the "Disney" side. Not a corporate goon. And not someone who is out for vengeance.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

I think that Roy should have done the speech- for Walt. If I were him, I would do it for Walt (and does he really want Eisner to do it?), then release a public statement saying that the speech was only done to honor Walt and his park, and that he still thinks Eisner is horrible and so on...

• "Roast Duck"

Now Way>>>eisner Cannot Read The Opening Day Speech Of Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Is Suicide!!!!!
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Minion

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to stand Eisner doing it. I think it HAS to be a Disney- I'm even against someone like Matt Ouimet doing it (although he's great, and MUCH more preferable to Eisner, I still think it should be a descendent of Walt.)

• Senior Minion

Why not Diane Disney Miller?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

She'd be great too. Or Abby Disney (Roy's Daughter)?

• The BAT COMANDER!

It needs to be a disney!!! It will be a Disney!!! MUHAHAHA!
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down."

He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.

I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

DEEP THOUGHTS
    by
    Jack Handey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast