Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

Quote Originally Posted by miniLYN View Post
    yeah i had a old friend who was minnie, and said it's pretty different backstage.
    but yeah i thought going with the whole feel of "just for fun" too. tho i really want the job lol.
    So minilynn who are you hoping to be? just curious!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post

Also, try out for Tokyo disney resort. They do face characters auditions only about two times a year. You could end up having a ball in Japan for 7 months.
    For the Asian Disneylands, if you're not already a princess at one of the parks, your chances are very very slim of even being considered. Even though the auditions are technically "open," 90% of the girls that make it over there already worked for WDW or DLR as princesses. It's tough. I think that they don't like taking chances on newbies when the contract is so short (6-9 months). It's easier for them to just grab up the veterens.

I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but that's how it seems to be. However, there's ALWAYS a chance and it's still fun to try... but it's also important to keep those facts in mind if you don't get the part.
    ** A photoshop princess **

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Maybe in later cuts improvisation may be more important, but 1st cut is 100% how you look. WDW might be more lax lookwise (something that we've kinda talked about before), but for DL, being so close to LA, you have tons upon tons of young pretty girls who want to be actresses looking for their first big break, so competition is not just tough, it's fierce.

This is what makes the first cut so frustrating. There is pretty much nothing at all that you can do to improve your chances of passing. All you can do is hope they physically see in you what they're looking for.
    Yes, competition is FIERCE in L.A.

I have to disagree, though, about the idea that you have to be gorgeous to make the cut. I've seen dozens of princess photos from DLR walk-arounds and parades, and to be honest.. I think many of the girls that actually get the part are pretty average looking if you take away the costume/wig/make-up (some are still average looking in costume). Obviously, some of the girls are naturally stunning, but still. I don't think there are specified rules.. it's all completely subjective. Even model-like girls get cut. So if you don't make it.. it doesn't mean that you're funny looking. I think it's mostly luck.

I have noticed one thing about the princesses though. A majority are naturally fair skinned or blonde. They tend to have light eyes, and fair-colored eyebrows (I assume that the fair eyebrows give more flexibility because make-up can make them fit several diff. characters). Also, they seem to have big smiles, big teeth, and big lips.

Obviously, the above isn't a rule for everyone, but I would say that at least 75% of the girls who are cast fit that description. BUT, like I said before, there's ALWAYS a chance you'll make it, so it really never hurts to try.. as long as you go in with the right mind-set (i.e. it's not the end of the world if you don't make it.). I'll probably try a few more times myself!
    ** A photoshop princess **

• Mile High Member

Speaking of princesses, but not really a princess...

The Mary Poppins who was in Fantasyland on Sunday, Sept 24, 2006...Hubba! Hubba!!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

You're a stronger person than I am. I couldnt put up with little kinds all day like those girls can. They deserve a medal

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    He better grow a tougher skin if this little mistake got him this upset. Most likely, it was probably a mistake on their part, someone messed up.
    but hey, they called him back and offered him the part? and he didn't take it? oh well.
    It's less about growing a tougher skin and more about proper job ettiquite.

Why would you want to work for somebody who treats you as if your time and energy doesn't matter?

In addition, there were other rude and inconsiderate things done as well. As I said, long story.

He's been doing theater for 15+ years. He knows how auditions go. When we audtioned, we were coming off a national touring show. No, he doesn't need a tougher skin. He's already got one. Disney needed to treat him as if his time was important and as if he was a human being.

It's one thing to wait for hours in a cattle call. It's another thing to show up for the THIRD TIME, and then be told to go away by a security guard who doesn't know anything for a seven dollar an hour job.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMouse View Post
    Speaking of princesses, but not really a princess...

The Mary Poppins who was in Fantasyland on Sunday, Sept 24, 2006...Hubba! Hubba!!

Pics?

(everyone who ever says hubba hubba is required to provide photos. hehe)

• !

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    So minilynn who are you hoping to be? just curious!
    well there are a few i thought might work, but meh i don't know.

i'm 5' so alice would be good. but i'm not sure if my face structure fits...

maybe mulan but from the ones i've seen at dland, i seem pretty small for that role.

snow white ?
    phocahontas ?

anything !

i acually thought i'd be a good violet from the incredibles, but they dont have face characters for them. =/

• !

the alice and wendy people switch around, huh ? they seem to be the same people, from my judging.

• MiceChat Moderator

i acually thought i'd be a good violet from the incredibles, but they dont have face characters for them. =/
    Hmm yah... i only seen Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, and Syndrome.

• Miss Marvel

well there are a few i thought might work, but meh i don't know.

i'm 5' so alice would be good. but i'm not sure if my face structure fits...

maybe mulan but from the ones i've seen at dland, i seem pretty small for that role.

snow white ?
    phocahontas ?

anything !

I'm 5'2". From what I was told, for atomsphere, it's Alice, and that's it. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Wendy isn't really walking around the parks. She's in Fantasmic, which is a seperate audition.

Us shorty's have a better chance with the fuzzies. A lot of them need to be our height.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• !

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    I'm 5'2". From what I was told, for atomsphere, it's Alice, and that's it. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Wendy isn't really walking around the parks. She's in Fantasmic, which is a seperate audition.

Us shorty's have a better chance with the fuzzies. A lot of them need to be our height.
    oh i see.
    i always see wendy, peter pan, and alice in the morning greeting everyone.
    but yah she's not around the park much.

which roles can have some fat? I know some face characters that are a little chubby and are the cutest princesses? Anyone know. i think snow white is one and maybe belle (the dress hides it)

and wendy is around, now she's at aerial's grotto

• !

Quote Originally Posted by jiminysgurl View Post
    which roles can have some fat? I know some face characters that are a little chubby and are the cutest princesses? Anyone know. i think snow white is one and maybe belle (the dress hides it)

and wendy is around, now she's at aerial's grotto
    whoa ! wendy's at ariels grotto noww ?? crazy. i love that place.

yeah i agree with the snow white chubbiness. i've noticed cinderella isn't that slender.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123