Thread: Air Hockey

• insufferable know-it-all

Air Hockey

One of the things I really really miss in Tomorrowland, and this may sound silly to you, is the good old air hockey tables they used to have upstairs. Not the rinky-dink mini air hockey that most arcades have these days. No sir, these were serious business - metal surfaced tables where you could *just* reach the halfway line if you leaned all the way over, with the harder (yellow) plastic pucks.

And they removed them for... what? Nothing. You just can't find the classic tables like those anywhere else. As a kid, I would get the grownups to stand in line for Space while my friends and I ran into the upper level of the Starcade and played air hockey.

Good times, good times.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Air Hockey

They still have a table like that(or did a couple of years ago) in the rec room of a campground(casa de fruta?) just south of Gilroy, CA.

just fyi
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Any place is a good place for an air hockey table.

Ah, brings back fond memories of many a weekend wasted in the local video arcade...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    One of the things I really really miss in Tomorrowland, and this may sound silly to you, is the good old air hockey tables they used to have upstairs. Not the rinky-dink mini air hockey that most arcades have these days. No sir, these were serious business - metal surfaced tables where you could *just* reach the halfway line if you leaned all the way over, with the harder (yellow) plastic pucks.

And they removed them for... what? Nothing. You just can't find the classic tables like those anywhere else. As a kid, I would get the grownups to stand in line for Space while my friends and I ran into the upper level of the Starcade and played air hockey.

Good times, good times.
    The Starcade was great in those days. Besides the air hockey, I spent a fair amount of money on the "robot bowl" game...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disney Family, San Diego

When my sister and I were teenagers, playing Air Hockey in Tomorrowland became a family tradition!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post

Good times, good times.
    Oh yes, Air Hockey is a classic. Maybe that's why I have one (not metal surfaced, but full size) in my family/now game room.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• no flash photography...

My sister and I used to play air hockey. I don't remeber doing it at DL, btu we did have a few drinks and play at the ESPN zone. We ahd a full size pool table when i was growing up and we would play a similar game with the pool balls. It hurt when they balls got your fingers though...

• Man O Lantern

My cousin and I met many a cute boy playing air hockey at Starcade. I was that girl who always hit the puck off the table...hitting random 5 year olds in the head. Sorry kids!

AirHockey should make its way back to the starcade! That is always a fun game to play. Lets not forget about foosball either (the soccer type game)

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I miss air hockey at the starcade. That's our favorite "family" game. Hmmmmmm that might be a good family Christmas present
    I got horribley competitive playing it even with my own kids

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I love air hockey. I play it with my kids every time we go to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. They have big tables there. Hard plastic pucks and everything. I always wanted to get a table at home, but never have.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I miss the old air hockey tables. . Hell I miss the old Starcade, with the old classic games and none of these new dance, dance, revolution type games
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional