Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Pirate Princess

Disneyland: An American Original

True Disneyland fans often complain about how other Disney parks are getting unfair floods of attention while Disneyland California, the one and only original Disney park, gets a little neglected or run-down. We frequently chant "NO MORE CLONES!" when discussing new rides. But what about those wonderful things that are ours only?

In this thread, let's reflect on those amazing attractions, vistas, facts and feelings that are unique only to Disneyland California. What do we have that no other park has?

To start with, I think we can all agree the most important unique feature of DL is that it is the ONLY park Walt himself designed and watched develop. He walked our walkways, and rode our first attractions. A little bit of Walt is around every corner in DL, and that's something no other park can boast.

Way to make a positive thread! While I'm a WDW girl, there are definitely things on the west coast we wish we had... (I say "we" like I'm there... LoL... far from it!)

1) POTC... far superior.

2) The Matterhorn is beautiful and is a Disneyland original and unique to the park.

3) You all still have a chance to bring back your sub ride... that possibility is long gone with us.

4) Indiana Jones... this is probably the thing I'm most looking forward to doing on my visit!

5) Alice and Pinocchio are not to be found at WDW... and our IASW is a mere shadow of the gradeur of yours.

You chant "no more clones" but don't forget that when the MK first came into exsistance, WE were a clone of YOU! :-)

• Differently clued

I like Disneyland better myself because I think it allows for more spontaneity. A lot of people complain it's too cramped, but I love that I can run from one major ride to the next without having to make an agenda. Don't get me wrong, I like that WDW gives a person a chance for more personal space, but I'm not big on planning out my day while I'm on vacation.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Pirate Princess

Thanks for the feedback Rain. I hadn't thought of MK being one entire clone of DL but its completely true--excellent point.

Yes, I'd have to say some "original" attractions have the most feeling and detail when it comes to IASW and POTC. (WDW can say the same about their TOT and Pooh rides.)

We are, of course, especially proud of our Matterhorn...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

...and our ORIGINAL Tiki Room!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I love our Mr. Toad. None of the other parks have one (anymore). And our New Orleans Square is a real gem.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    ...and our ORIGINAL Tiki Room!
    I second that! I'm so glad that they decided to respect Walt's original vision when they started the refurb.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith157
    I second that! I'm so glad that they decided to respect Walt's original vision when they started the refurb.
    Here here here! I agree. I am planning on spending show after show at Tiki when it opens again.

Casey Jr Circus Train

Storybook Land Canal Boats

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Even though Adventureland is quite cramped, I like the crampedness. It feels like a small slice of the jungle in our own backyard.

I woudl like to second the sentiments of the follwoing attractions/lands already mentioned:

Storybook Land Canal Boats
    NOS
    The Enchanted Tiki Room
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Differently clued

What about the Blue Bayou? It's so cool to be eating in POTC.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    What about the Blue Bayou? It's so cool to be eating in POTC.
    And along those same lines:

Club 33
    Disney Gallery

I know there is something similar to Club 33 at DLRP, but, if I rememebr correctly, it is located at a resort hotel. I know we have people on the MC who are fortunate to have seen the inside of this lounge...
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Social Imagineer

The shoreline of the Rivers of America. No one else has it.

Ok, admittedly, I've never been to Tokyo. But neither WDW's Magic Kingdom nor Euro Disneyland have much people-accessible shoreline on their Rivers of America (or, at DLP, Rivers of the Far West). The shores of these rivers are cut-off from the guests. Less so at DLP than at WDW, but neither has nearly the amount of waterside walkway that graces Frontierland and New Orleans Square at the original Disneyland.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Walt's original vision was a restaurant show. :confused:

I'll contribute with the Golden Horseshoe. I don't think any other park has one of these, even if we don't use ours for much it's a semi-formal showplace designed by Walt himself.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 01-26-2005 at 05:29 PM.

• Sock Puppet

You know what's sad? The fact that Disney parks other than the Disneyland Resort in California do not offer a Mr. Toads Wild Ride! This is the best dark ride that fantasyland has to offer (my opinion) and to deprive the other parks is unfortunate. I did some research and understand that WDW used to have one, but it was closed despite much fight to keep it open. There are actually a myriad of websites once dedicated to the dream of keeping Toads in WDW! Compared with the cost of the big E Tickets, this ride costs next to nothing and I think should be considered for the other parks again. Just an idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast