Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Should Disneyland change park hours to 9 pm daily?

yes, but if you have a great resturant.. or popular food item... they spend money on it for dinner or something... heck Epcot is always open till 9:00p.m.... i dont see what other parks cannot...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This is not an AP thread, but one final thought...Disney's not stupid when it comes to dollars. They wouldn't sell em if they weren't improving the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER. That'll take eat up a lot of people...
    I agree...but there's got to be a better way of saying that...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

nah, just bring date night at disneyland back. fridays and saturdays, live music, open til one.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This is not an AP thread, but one final thought...Disney's not stupid when it comes to dollars. They wouldn't sell em if they weren't improving the bottom line.
    Seems to me it started as an "AP Entitlement" thread.
    It's not the dollars. I'm sure the marginal revenue of the AP program is greater than the marginal cost of it, in dollars. It's the subculture that created a sea change in the guest demographic. (I see 1995 as the starting point of significant increases of numbers of APs. More APs being sold, more APer's as guests, yet for many years the attendance fell. Recently it has recovered due to the 50th.) It could also have required the change in operations, resulting in basically a lower quality product. That Disney can still make money with this demographic versus the one it had for the prior 40 years means more than one thing probably changed.
    That's how I see it.

And, based on your logic: Disney would keep the park open for an extra hour if it improved the bottom line. So, that's the OP's answer.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisquietingMetamorphosis View Post
    nah, just bring date night at disneyland back. fridays and saturdays, live music, open til one.
    Date night was for Baby Boomers in the late 80's and early 90's, to draw them away from Knotts and SFMM. We're old and have kids now. Yes, the world still revolves around us! Thank you!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sun Wheel survivor!

I think the other thing to consider is that in the winter - it can get very cold at night and people will leave the park because of being cold and uncomfortable. I know some travelers don't realize this but it does get cold in CA in the winter - sometimes freezing in the inland areas and when you add rain - it is very miserable to be at an amusement park.

Disney has attendance and park hours figured out using formulas and figures for expenses/income and profit - I'm sure they are doing what is most profitable for them.
    Minnietoo

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Of course it's obsurd, but the point still stands. People don't go to bed as early as they used to and it'd be nice to have longer hours during the "off" season.
    Speak for yourself - those of us that have to be at work early (6 - 8 AM) and drive in LA traffic must go to bed at 8 to get up by 5 (or earlier) to get on the fwy before rush hour so we don't waste and hour or more kissing asphalt.
    Minnietoo

• Premium Youngling and

They are basically doing it everyday unofficailly cause everytime I have been there lately, they have estended the hours

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    They are basically doing it everyday unofficailly cause everytime I have been there lately, they have estended the hours
    That's good to know!

And those decisions are based on how many guests are in the park, not necessarily a count of all APer's thinking about driving there later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123