Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Fantasyland guy

Question Should Disneyland change park hours to 9 pm daily?

My friends and I were talking the other day about going to Disneyland. I thought to myself that it was a great idea because we had just got off work and wanted to do somthing fun. The problem was that the park closed at 8 pm because it was the off season. I could very well make it by 7, but that didn't give us much time in the park, so we passed on the idea and went to a movie instead. (The Departed is very good by the way.)

Ever since that happened, I kept wondering to myself how Disney seems to be missing out by limiting their park hours to 8 PM. If they simply shifed the park hours to open and close one hour later, they could pull in a lot more locals who have to work, without turning away day guests. If we could of spent two hours in the park, we might have chosen to go to DL instead.

Disney would of recieved a couple of purchases of AP's because not everyone had one.

Would you go if the park closed at 9 daily? I think that the park would not only get just as many day guests by opening at 11 am instead of 10, but get a lot of additional AP guests in the park as well. i would be able to convinence some of my friends to get an AP with thouse hours. What do you think?

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Should Disneyland change park hours to 9 pm daily?

There is definitely enough people, even in the off season, to leave the park open one more hour, but I'm sure the cast memebers would not like it. But who knows, Disney is smart, they probably make more money in the long run by closing at 8 due to having to pay the cast members that extra hour.

• The Fantasyland guy

im not talking about an extra hour... what about simply shifting the open to open at 11, instead of 10? This would allow them to close at 9 without extra pay.

• done

[Sorry, duplicate post.]
    Last edited by cstephens; 10-15-2006 at 09:14 PM.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    im not talking about an extra hour... what about simply shifting the open to open at 11, instead of 10? This would allow them to close at 9 without extra pay.
    If I was a day guest, I'd be pretty miffed that Disneyland didn't open until 11am. That's pretty late. I think even 10am is a bit late, but in the off-season, that at least is understandable. With the shifted hours, it doesn't give you enough time to really do anything in the morning before the park opens, and it leaves you one less hour in the evening in case you wanted to have an extended dinner, go to a movie, meet other people, etc.

If Disney thought they could entice enough people to have the park open later on a weeknight, they'd do it. But even with the local APs, I don't think there are enough of them who'd be willing to fight through traffic and such to go to Disneyland on a weeknight to make it cost effective. And as much as some people like to pretend that it's not, Disney is a business.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

How about OPENING at 9:00 AM???

Wasn't the park open at 9am last year? If so, was it just for the 50th? I know they must be hurting to get all of those hours covered by new CM's, but I was really bummed when they REALLY cut back on their hours following the Summer season.

It SEEMS like there would be enough traffic to make opening at 9am worthwhile, but I'm thinking they're not able to staff the park for that many hours per week. Here's looking forward to November and December!

Occasionally, the park's hours will be extended without notice. Last thursday was extended to 9, and monday was bumped from 10-11.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Times sure have changed...Disneyland's off season hours at one time were - closed Monday-Tuesday, open 10AM-6PM Wed-Fri, 9AM-7PM Saturday-Sunday.

In some ways I think that was better for the park's operation, except that it left many full-time employees basically one choice of days off.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If Target and Wal-Mart can stay open until 10pm then Disneyland should definitely be able to stay open until 9pm.

I have the same problem. I live in OC, work in LA. I can never make it back in time to enjoy the park on a weeknight. They sell so many annual passes that the park is just way too crowded on a weekend.

My vote goes for 9am-9pm!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Who's your DaddyB?

Last Wednesday they were open until 9pm too.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Why, hello there, DaddyB!

It's all about the business. Disney doesn't publish attendance figures, so we'll never know exactly how crowded it needs to be to extend the hours.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Occasionally, the park's hours will be extended without notice. Last thursday was extended to 9, and monday was bumped from 10-11.
    That's the best example really, as it illustrates supply and demand.

I think the verying hours work largely to their favour, as too much of a good thing could turn sour. It is annoying if you want to go on a particular day and the hours are limited, but it makes the longer days all that more 'special'.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If Target and Wal-Mart can stay open until 10pm then Disneyland should definitely be able to stay open until 9pm.
    Comparing Disneyland to Target and Walmart is a ridiculous and ineffective analogy in so many ways.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Comparing Disneyland to Target and Walmart is a ridiculous and ineffective analogy in so many ways.
    Agreed. The instant Target starts installing Space rides, bear rides, and ghosties then I'll consider it.

...Joe...

• It's all nonsense

They should extend park hours by an hour. There is no off season anymore as I found out this past week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast