Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Sadako frollics through the province on 10/16/06

After a slow start to what I hope to be a slow week at work, I decided to take a walk through Walt's little province as I enjoyed the newly acquired latest volume of my favorite manga 'Tramps Like Us' (otherwise known as Kimi Wa Peto).

Haunted Mansion Holiday's line was long enough for me to have some quiet moments with Sumire and Momo-chan.

And as I entered the stretching room, I realized a small difference between both elevators... specifically this stained glass portrait:

When you walk into the main room, in the stretching room to the left, it turns into this backlit portrait:

However, in the stretching room straight in front of you, you'll see this backlit portrait instead:

I also noticed a few welcome additions to the audio that some of us thought were long gone. Take a look... but shhhhhh... listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xot0gPpmxI8

After my doombuggy ride, I decided to travel across the park in search for pins. Along the way, I noticed quite a few colorful characters prancing around as well.

ALICE: "We're off to see the wizard~..."
    MAD HATTER: "Um... wrong movie dear..."

CRUELLA: " I shoulda listened to that chap on the Jungle Cruise... now this wretched animal's going to remain latched on to me for 18 to 25 years... unless maybe I can make a coat from its skin..."

And the influence of magical moments was felt throughout the land... as I made my way from the River Belle Terrace in Frontierland...

All the way over to the Tomorrowland Terrace in Tomorrowland...

At least the rivers along the Frontierland bridge have been restored.

Although it seems they had to drain a waterfall to do so...

And how you can lose your hat on an attraction under refurbishment, I will never understand...

Even if others are experiencing their dreams come to life, it seems some CM's want to keep my own dreams on ice...

Magic is all around with the right CM's. I'd like to give a big kudos to a certain CM up in the Disney Gallery who is not only one of the most knowledgeable Disney dictionaries around, but also one of the most in tune with Walt's ideals regarding the value of magic. He noticed this particular little girl had lost a tooth and asked her if she lost it in the park. She said she had so he asked if she knew what that meant. He then told her a story about how if you lose a tooth at Disneyland, your tooth fairy is none other than Tinkerbell... however if you pull a tooth out intentionally at Disneyland in search of a reward, then your tooth fairy will be none other than... Cruella de Ville! He also gave her and her brother Honorary Citizen pins. I have to say I just love seeing the happy looks on childrens faces after experiencing magic through CM's words... This is what Disneyland is all about!

As I exited the railroad, I was haunted by the ghosts of MiceQuest past...

"With a dreamy far off look and her nose stuck in a book; what a puzzle to the rest of Micechat is Sadako..."

As I exited the park, my escape attempts were thwarted by Parade Of Dreams... and I have to say, today it had the prettiest Princess Aurora I've seen in a while with quite a figure to boot (Lately the Princess Aurora's I've noticed have been a bit larger than I'd expect)...

Although I still don't understand the reasoning behind Prince Phillip's goth costume during this parade.

But they do make a mighty fine couple.

And since some would say the same about Cinderella and Prince Charming:

I can't wait to start organizing the new Cast Lanyard Villains pin collection... 3 down, 3 to go...

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Sadako frollics through the province on 10/16/06

Looks like fun Thanks for sharing

• Senior Minion

Fun report! Ugh, a Hook Pin! Cool collection. I'm sure it won't be hard to get the rest.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

I was there tonight too.. no pics.. didn't stay for more than BPB.

So... I don't have a YouTube account, (and kinda don't want one... BTW totally understand why they're private... this isn't what that's about) could you DESCRIBE the shhhh listen audio?

Also, great Space Mountain picture... how far ahead do you set up?

only you sadako, will read a book on space mountain.

nice pics. thanks for sharing these!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Banned User

great pictures... reading a book on space mountain... whats next.. texting figment that your riding space mountain and texting him in the photo...

(wait, thats not a bad idea... lol best of all, i get free textmessages.. )

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Sadako's favorite place to read IS Space Mountain! She's always digging into her latest literary find on that ride through the stars. Crazy gal!

But seriously, totally fun report. I always love how seem to truly enjoy your trips.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Aside from loving the pics, I just wanted to add that I applaud your use of the word "frolic".

It is not used enough, what what! Bravo and all that, rather!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

awww, and to think the parade tried to thwart my attempts to get to space mtn!

i've been looking for familiar faces each time we've gone to the park this week, but alas...no luck

i'll look around again tomorrow...errr...later today
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Wait a minute. There's more than one stretching room?

• Minion

Blog Entries

yeah there are two... one is on your left side and the other is straight ahead...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• I'm not really here

I love the tooth-fairy story that is just amazing. Now that is a magical moment.

And great pic on space.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I never noticed the Partners sillouette on the parade float. It's like a little bit of the Hub in the parade.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast