Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Favorite Disneyland Character Memory

What is the best memory you have ever had with a disneyland character?

• Super saucy pixie!

I don't know if this is a really positive memory, but it's the one that sticks out most! I was about 4 and I remember we walked by Brer Fox and he stole my hat! I actually got pretty mad, and had to sort of chase him down to get it back, but he finally relented and we snapped a picture together! I hold it as a fun memory being that he was so very in character and he certainly got quite a reaction out of me!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Well its not a memory of me with a character but...

When my daughter was very little she was Cinderella-obsessed. She LOVED anything having to do with Cinderella. She called her Be-Bo because she couldn't say Cinderella. Be-Bo of course for "bibbiti-bobbiti-boo".

I took her to Disneyland for the first time for her 4th birthday. We were walking toward the castle, when she saw Cinderella across the Hub. She took off running with her arms open yelling "My Be-Bo!". I think she knocked over a couple of kids before I could catch up with her, but Cinderella knelt down and talked to her anyway. Cinderella looked kind of confused as to why my daughter was calling her Be-Bo, so I explained. Cinderella whispered to my daughter "Oh, since that is your special name for me, I won't let anyone else call me Be-Bo. That's just for you."

I have a ton of pictures from that moment, and to this day my daughter (now 9 1/2) tears up when she thinks of how special Be-Bo made her feel.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Awwwww, that's the sweetest thing ever. Be-bo is too cute. My sister used to love Pocahontas, and she would call her "Ocanta." lol
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Minion

Last edited by Michelle; 09-25-2005 at 08:32 PM.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Awwwww, that's the sweetest thing ever. Be-bo is too cute. My sister used to love Pocahontas, and she would call her "Ocanta." lol
    I love "kidspeak"!!!

• LoisAlene

Real Disney Magic tugs at your heart.

Our now 13 yo daughter was just a baby - 6 months old. It was very late at night, near midnight. I was sitting with the sleeping baby in the stroller, waiting for hubby and son to do One last ride on Space Mountain. It was very quiet, literally nobody else around. From behind me walked Mickey and Minnie, headed for backstage - then they noticed the Baby. I have the most wonderful video of them shushing each other over the stroller. Minnie pantomimed that the baby was sleeping and Mickey leaned over and patted a very gentle kiss on baby's head. They then turned and waved to me, and walked on.

I get teary every time I watch that video. I heartily thank all of the CM's that help make magic like that happen. It's moments like that which keep me returning to the park. It's memories like that which keeps my love of Disney alive. O

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Santa Barbara, CA

My best character memories always end with Snow White, the doctor spanking a naked baby dwarf and me handing out cigars..then i wake up.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    I heartily thank all of the CM's that help make magic like that happen. It's moments like that which keep me returning to the park. It's memories like that which keeps my love of Disney alive. O
    That is too sweet! I love hearing stories like that. It justifies my love of all things Disney.

I think the most special memory I have was my last b-day trip to DL w/ one of my best friends and our significant others (my bf, her hubb). We got chosen to be in the Parade of the Stars and we both got the good group where we got to dance w/ the same character thru the whole parade. I got Eeyore, she got Piglet (her fav). I've always been a fan of Pooh and the gang, but I'm more of a princess kinda girl...obvious...
    But Eeyore made it soo much fun and he held my hand thru the whole parade and kept hungging me. I felt soo special.
    Later that day I bought a little stuffy Eeyore to remember my special time and so when I happened to see Eeyore later that day after the parade, he came up to me again and gave me a big hug, I showed him what I had bought and he pretened to get emotional and gave me a kiss. Here I am 26 years old and I thought I was going to cry.
    Such a wonderful CM who played him that day. I wish I knew who it was so that I could go praise them at City Hall...oh well.
    Memories.... :o
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Mine is corny, mushy, and my favorite! My husband surprised me by taking me to dinner at Club 33...so that was already a big surprise. After watching Fantasmic up there, we went back into the dining area to have dessert. Well, in comes Daisy Duck carrying a covered silvered platter and she walks over to me. She opens it and there was an engagement ring sitting on the silver platter on top of flowers. My husband got down on his knee and popped the question right there at the Club with Daisy Duck holding my ring. 11 years later, 2 darling daughters, and we still enjoy all the Disney Magic. Now we are having fun introducing our kids to the Disney CHaracters and making magical memories with them.

• Part of Your World

On my 23rd birthday, Captain Hook was passing by my boyfriend and me in line for Peter Pan's Flight. My boyfriend took my hand and started waving it frantically. Captain Hook came over and was about to shake my hand but then pulled it away and dismissed me! Too funny! Also, I met Mary Poppins and Bert that day and she said, "Happy birthday, dear girl"! And one more, when I met Ariel, she whispered to me how old she really was, in mermaid years of course!
    Last edited by EmilyStrange; 05-10-2005 at 02:05 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    It involves Belle and a sock.
    That's all I've been cleared to say!!

Though I must admit... doing the "Peter Pan" stance with him was kinda neat.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Back in 1969, I was with my mom and dad eating tuna lunch behind Captain Hook's Pirate Ship, when Hook and Smee wandered through with few other people around. I was 'chased" around Skull Rock and the cave area by the falls. To my mind, I WAS Peter Pan (my hero at the time), being chased by Captian Hook. I was delighted... and still miss that Pirate Ship.

• On Autopilot

I think my favorite experience (even greater than me and Donald having a sucker punch contest) Was when I visited DisneyLand this past Febuary and took my picture with Aurora. It wasn't until I was next in line that I realised I was wearing my customised Maleficent vest with all my Maleficent pins on it! When she saw me she asked if I was going to put a curse on her!

"Well.. of course not.. I was actually sent to apologise for what she did..."

"But why isn't she with you?"

"Well, after what Phillip did to her she's still in the hospital... so she sent me..."

"Well if she wants to be friends with us tell her I said yes!"

And then we posed for the picture. And up until this day I wonderered how I could have ever hated such a sweet princess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast