Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Wink Tot Myth Photos Please!

Anyone have a photo of the putting something on the ground before the drop myth? I am anxious to see how that looks with zero gravity.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• I'm not really here

Re: Tot Myth Photos Please!

Last year when we went, my wifes friend put her purse on her lap and did not hold it at all on purpose. On the big 13 story drop it lifted about 6 inches out of her lap before we slowed down and it came back to rest in her lap.

As you are pulled down by the ride vehicle faster than gravity, anything which you aren't holding on to will fall at the speed of gravity only and will slowly get further away from you. However, as the longest drop lasts only 2 seconds, nothing will get very far before you stop moving. I don't have photos or videos of this though. Wish I thought of it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    As you are pulled down by the ride vehicle faster than gravity, anything which you aren't holding on to will fall at the speed of gravity only and will slowly get further away from you. However, as the longest drop lasts only 2 seconds, nothing will get very far before you stop moving.
    This is true. A lanyard or anything else that isn't fully secured to you will do this....including long hair.

I always let my camera bag float away from me as we are riding. I wouldn't ever take a pic of it because I would have to use the flash. I don't really know how well a video would turn out either.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

We were hard stopped on the ride last weekend because two ladies in our group decided to toss their purses in the air during a drop. Cast Members are watching your every move and told us it is very dangerous to do this. Any loose items become projectile weapons in such a situation. It took them fifteen minutes to reset the C elevator and we had to just sit there the entire time. It was miserable. I don't suggest doing this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I've seen bellhops tell some passengers to put their change away. They didn't want that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jestyr View Post
    We were hard stopped on the ride last weekend because two ladies in our group decided to toss their purses in the air during a drop. Cast Members are watching your every move and told us it is very dangerous to do this. Any loose items become projectile weapons in such a situation. It took them fifteen minutes to reset the C elevator and we had to just sit there the entire time. It was miserable. I don't suggest doing this.
    Yep, I was on the elevator and some girl tried letting her backback float. They told her if she was caught doing it again, shed be asked to leave
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Zero Blockout Dates

I've seen CMs call security and have guests removed for "Floating" coins on ToT and I've seen it more than once.

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    I've seen CMs call security and have guests removed for "Floating" coins on ToT and I've seen it more than once.
    OK, thank you for doing the capitalization as ToT, not Tot, like the OP did... I'm really tired today, and I swear, when I saw this thread, I thought, "There's some weird myth about small children??" I even got a few posts in before I was SURE it was TofT!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I would have taken it, but it happened so fast that I 'mythed' it.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Loves Fajita!

When I was there a few weeks ago a man on our elevator left his cell phone in the front pocket of his shirt. Nobody got hurt... but the phones plastic case was shattered at some point. He was behind me so I did not get to see any of it happen.

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I've had this happen a few times due to forgetfullness I'm normally so busy securing my purse and loose change that my lanyard flies up and facesmacks me. My boyfriend also forgot to take some cards out of his pocket when he was putting away his glasses and such and he had to grab for the cards midair managed to snatch one the rest went flying. The bellhop actually seemed very amused by our frantic search at the end of the ride and told us it was okay to just 'remember next time'.

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Anyone have a photo of the putting something on the ground before the drop myth? I am anxious to see how that looks with zero gravity.
    There are two reasons why this is very hard to do:

1) They prohibit flash photography
    2) You can get banned from the park if you're seen purposely trying to "float" something.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    There are two reasons why this is very hard to do:

2) You can get banned from the park if you're seen purposely trying to "float" something.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• No marbles to begin with!

It so strange to see the objects float. My sister and I were in the last row and I noticed a water bottle cap on the floor, so I told her to keep an eye on it and sure enough the thing went straight up on the last drop. In fact the bottle cap flew through the grating in the ceiling of the elevator cart and fell back right in front of us. She kept the cap as her souvenir.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast