Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I say give it to SHAG and let him do the uber-hip 1950's version of Tomorrowland.
    Ohhhh now there's an idea I adore!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Last edited by Arnie; 05-10-2005 at 08:34 AM.

• is satisfactual.

He said 2007 would be the anniversary of the original Star TOURS, not Wars.

• Master of Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    Actually that was 8 years ago in 1997, 2007 will mark the 30th anniversary of the orginal Star Wars.
    star TOURS NOT star WARS.

• The one, the only...

I think that Star Wars has reached the end of its lifespan. It is like the hoola Hoop and Rubic's cube. It was popular in its day, but interest is dying. It is thirty years since Star Wars opened in 1977. Now, I have to confess, I was a big fan and still love Star Tours. But they should have updated Star Tours a decade ago. Now it is throwing good money after bad.

I would like to see more AA's in a new tomorrowland. Something that showcases Robots in homes of the future. I think a new space simulator needs to be in TL too, but it either needs to be more like Mission: Space which is over the top in thrills or user-controled like Buzz has to some degree. I want to fly a space ship, but I want to be in the pilot seat, not an AA!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• is satisfactual.

Really? I still cube in my leg warmers every afternoon. And how else is one supposed to make a decision without the Magic 8?

Honestly though, I'd be perfectly satisfied with a new film and a bunch of technological and artistic updates. The '90s have taught me not to get my hopes up and I'm not about to get spoiled again in 2005, haha. Oh wow, three decades in a single post.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

A good ride based on good characters can last forever. Star Wars rides can be good for many decades to come. It's a solid franchise.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• is satisfactual.

I think it's worth keeping for the Star Tours segment in "Remember..." alone. And be honest, who didn't react to that in instant euphoria? It's all proof that Star Wars is still very popular, just not the same attraction film after twenty years.

• Official Mice Chat person

The star tours segment of Remember is my favorite part. Star tours is a great ride, it could just use a good rehab and update. The other half of the indoor queue needs more themeing also.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

DO IT...DO IT (Starsky and Hutch sp?) They are so heading in the right direction..hahaha For reals.. can anyone say FINALLY.. fianlly Eisner is leaving..finally some TLC to the lands itself and rides not the shops, finally a president that cares about how people do at the parks not what they buy. Finally... I hope that Matt and Jay..and yess Bob Iger (He has one chance with all of us to prove himself) to keep DL as new and beautiful as it is now. Like many of us have been saying bring great entertainment ( new rides and shows) and we will spend money in the parks...
    Tommorowland should always change...I believe that was once of the Main places that Walt wanted constantly changing.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    20 years since Star Tours.....wow... I'm Getting old!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Rainicorn.

I've been riding that ride my whole life. That's odd.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think that Star Wars has reached the end of its lifespan. It is like the hoola Hoop and Rubic's cube. It was popular in its day, but interest is dying. It is thirty years since Star Wars opened in 1977. Now, I have to confess, I was a big fan and still love Star Tours. But they should have updated Star Tours a decade ago. Now it is throwing good money after bad.
    Yeah, I think Star Wars has been suffering from a bad case of Lucasitis for too long. First it was those darn cutesy Ewoks. (Am I the only one tho thinks THAT was supposed to be the Wookie world in some early draft?) Then you had the novel sequels which had some interesting ideas, but never really delivered on the characters. And of course, the Special Editions that weren't so special. (Let's take an iconic scene like the explosion of the Death Star, do a more accurate yet less interesting CG one, and make absolutely no effort to make it look like it belongs with the 1977 film.) And then of course, there are the two prequels, including the infamous JarJar... Not only is the new stuff not so great, but it tarnishes our memories of the original. If this last prequel doesn't deliver a slam dunk, home run finish to its trilogy, I think it may be fair to declare the End of the Trend.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

I donít understand what all the excitement is about! Its seems that Disney has done a great job of getting everyone all pumped up about a new Tomorrowland without adding one new attraction to the park. We are getting 3 or so 'new' rides that in reality are all rehashed rides of ones that they deemed worn and tired 10 years ago. What we will have is Tomorrowland in 1987 with the paint job of 2007.

Amusement parks are about adding new and exciting attractions, not recycling them with the latest Pixar name. If they want the park restored back to 1987 then let me into the park with 1987 admission prices. Disney management has beaten everyone down so that they are willing to accept scraps, and Disney marketing department has this crowd eating from their palms.

• Padawan

Somewhere in the Outer Rim territories...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    A good ride based on good characters can last forever. Star Wars rides can be good for many decades to come. It's a solid franchise.

I agree. It may not have the awe inspiring "I'll wait in the line again as soon as the credits finish rolling" feeling it did in 1977, but if Episode 3 makes any money at all after the last two installments, nothing can kill it- not even George Lucas. It's time for a new star tour, even if we do end up on Tatooine.

When I got my Master's Degree last August we all walked out on stage to the Throne Room music from the end of the original Star Wars, and everyone in the room got it. (Funny, most of them accused me of having something to do with it, too... ) It's a slow process, but I think that Star Wars, like Tomorrowland, still has life left in it.
    "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast