Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Harbor Disney sign finally unveiled

Well, it looks better than it used to. But I have to say, without the confetti it looks rather blah. I'm hoping they put something there to replace it. But I do like it much better...it's bright and fresh!

However, nothing will ever compare to the beautiful marque sign they took down before DCA was built. I really miss that!

• DCA lover

Hehe, looks like a tribute to UCLA to me......

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

i will be there tommrow.
    pics coming soon.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• For old time sake

Call me old School but I like the old marquee. However, things change and John Stamos probably wants too much money for his prized poissesion. I'll get used to it LOL

I like it better though without the confetti. Confetti seemed a bit too busy, but without it, it seems to be missing something. Not quite sure what.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I suddenly crave a snow cone or a hand roll.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

yeah i love the old marquee as well and wish that they would replace the current marquee with something as similar and grand as the old one. i do like the colors much better than the orange, but it does look unfinished.

omg, big deal. they should have made it bigger, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Picture of Sign Before New Paint Job

As you can see in the photo above, the Parking Lot sign never had the Resort logo on it - You can clearly see the word 'Park' under Disneyland.

I for one can not see what everybody has against the resort logo - It's not like the 'Gothic' script logo ever went away - It stayed the whole time, in constant use at Disneyland Park, where it wasrelevant.

The other logo was introduced to refer to the resort in general, and is a much more appropriate logo when you factor DCA, the GCH&S, the PPH and DD into the mix, and I believe it should be still used.

Tokyo Disneyland did exactly the same thing, used in the same contexts, even using the same font and nobody is complaining about it!
    I couldn't agree more! I think the problem might've been people mis-identifying the logo as one replacing the Disneyland Park logo they all love, in actuality, the logo they hate so much got first billing as the Resort logo, while the older logo only got used when specifically referring to Disneyland Park. The 2000 DLR logo has always had the word "Resort" attached to it, and was never used to refer specifically to Disneyland Park. Now, instead of being able to tell at a glance if the Disneyland logo in question is for the Resort or the Park, one has to look at the fine print beneath the logo that is used for both and look for the Resort or Park designation. Hence, we get people saying things like "Waa! TDA is being misleading by advertising that New DCA Attraction X is in Disneyland!!!!11!!one!!" when in fact, the advertising says Disneyland Resort and uses the Resort logo.

The 2000 logo represents the entire Resort, with icons from the entire Resort: Sleeping Beauty Castle for Disneyland, Grizzly Peak for DCA, and the Monorail, running through both parks and Downtown Disney. That logo encompassed Disneyland Park, Disney's California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney, and three hotels. The current logo has only Sleeping Beauty Castle. It has nothing representing DCA at all, and its usage throughout the Resort doesn't support the idea that DCA is a freestanding park at all. It's not giving DCA second billing over Disneyland Park; it's not giving DCA a billing at all! Its usage is still supposed to represent everything the old logo did, but only depicts imagery from a part of the Resort.

One thing that Tokyo Disney Resort did differently is that they renamed it from Tokyo Disneyland, a destination on its own, to Tokyo Disney Resort, a resort destination containing Tokyo Disneyland Park, Tokyo DisneySea, two hotels and a shopping complex. The Tokyo Disney Resort logo is literally a combination of the Tokyo Disneyland Park and Tokyo DisneySea logos, much like the Disneyland Resort logo was. Perhaps there would've been less confusion if the same approach was taken here, and the Resort was given a name separate from the Park?

Orange County Disney Resort wouldn't work, since Walt Disney Word Resort is also in an Orange County. People have said that Anaheim isn't notable enough for the general public to know where the Anaheim Disney Resort is, so, how about Los Angeles Disney Resort of Anaheim?

(Seriously though, my vote would be for Anaheim Disney Resort.)

• Circle of Ancients

I couldn't even see the sign very well. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I couldn't even see the sign very well. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
    Click on the picture and then you will get a bigger picture and be able to see it. The only things that changed were colors. The signs themselves are the same as they were before. The confeti (sp - im tired) is gone and that whole strip where the confeti was is now a bright (ugly - imo) yellow, the spirals that were yellow in the middle where the marque is are now blue, the spirals on the outer edges that were yellow are now blue and thats about it.

Kinda ho-hum imho.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

My guess is that they'll probably paint some of the Disney characters on it, or add stuff later on. Right now I think they just want to get that entrance opened again. Since it was closed it's caused a pain in the *** for drivers.

...Joe...

• Having a Grand Day!

I think it was a major mistake to change the colors - now the sign doesn't match the Downtown Disney pallet of Greens and Oranges. The only reason they did it was to draw attention to the entranc.

• It's all about Theme!

Photos Please!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

^
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=11

yay for quoteing myself j/k

I looks fine to me much better than when it had confetti

Or what would be nice is to get a new one similar to the ones at WDW like this-
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=11
    and just have Disneyland Resort on it much like the one near the East Suttle area.
    Last edited by nemofinder22; 10-19-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

It's kind of a boring sign, but it looks like they left plenty of room to add more stuff on top. so I agree with JosephTNielsen that there will probably be some more additions soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast