Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Harbor Disney sign finally unveiled

Sorry I didn't have a camera with me, but the wrappings are off the Disneyland Resort sign on Harbor Blvd now. And the good news is, Disneyland is in the old world Gothic font, and the Walt script Disneyland has been replaced., There also is no 'confetti' anymore either, so it looks alot more stately. I like it.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Harbor Disney sign finally unveiled

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    Sorry I didn't have a camera with me, but the wrappings are off the Disneyland Resort sign on Harbor Blvd now. And the good news is, Disneyland is in the old world Gothic font, and the Walt script Disneyland has been replaced., There also is no 'confetti' anymore either, so it looks alot more stately. I like it.
    That is great to hear. I'm sure we'll be seeing pictures soon. I love the old Disneyland font - and sure do miss the hotel signs.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• DCA lover

Nice, nice, nice, I would love to see pics anybody!

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the update. Hope Darkbeer gets some up soon.MiceChat moves at the speed of light.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    Sorry I didn't have a camera with me, but the wrappings are off the Disneyland Resort sign on Harbor Blvd now. And the good news is, Disneyland is in the old world Gothic font, and the Walt script Disneyland has been replaced.
    That sign never had the Walt script New-Disneyland font. You are thinking of the smaller sign across from the International House of Pancakes.

The big marquee above the parking lot entrance always just had the two theme parks identified in their traditional script. Disneyland was in the traditional gothic script, and DCA was in the original 2001 logo and script that they no longer use.

That marquee never had anything other than those two fonts and logos on it, so there has been no change whatsoever except for new paint.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    That sign never had the Walt script New-Disneyland font. You are thinking of the smaller sign across from the International House of Pancakes.

The big marquee above the parking lot entrance always just had the two theme parks identified in their traditional script. Disneyland was in the traditional gothic script, and DCA was in the original 2001 logo and script that they no longer use.

That marquee never had anything other than those two fonts and logos on it, so there has been no change whatsoever except for new paint.
    Hmm.. I could be wrong. We have enough shutterbugs out there for some before/after shots, that should be helpful. But I know there used to be some confetti stuff swirling around, and it is gone now. Its just a yellow arch now.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

for the new signage! I'm so excited. And it's kind of OT, but when I was watching the news reports a couple of days ago, they were covering the healthy foods at DL report, and one of the channels picked the Harbor entrance all tarped up as their background shot. Talk about ugly!

• the F.O.D. solution.

I don't know about the font, but I do know the confetti used to be there. The sign/arch looks much better without the confetti. Too bad the pop-art over-sized curtains remain. I'm not too crazy about the colors though, primary blue and yellow...look like Ikea.

I think it's still a work in progress though. Something about it looks unfinished.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCACM View Post
    I don't know about the font, but I do know the confetti used to be there. The sign/arch looks much better without the confetti. I'm not too crazy about the colors though, primary blue and yellow...look like Ikea.
    Great. My g/f will feel like she's at work when we go next month. lol.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Hmm so I guess Im beating dlfreak to posting this but he got a picture of it-http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/show...79960&garpg=24

It dosnt look like new logos but rather the same but dosnt really matter the blue looks very nice although Im not so crazy for the yellow still better than orange
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

That is a very underwhelming sign.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Having a Grand Day!

Picture of Sign Before New Paint Job

As you can see in the photo above, the Parking Lot sign never had the Resort logo on it - You can clearly see the word 'Park' under Disneyland.

I for one can not see what everybody has against the resort logo - It's not like the 'Gothic' script logo ever went away - It stayed the whole time, in constant use at Disneyland Park, where it wasrelevant.

The other logo was introduced to refer to the resort in general, and is a much more appropriate logo when you factor DCA, the GCH&S, the PPH and DD into the mix, and I believe it should be still used.

Tokyo Disneyland did exactly the same thing, used in the same contexts, even using the same font and nobody is complaining about it!
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 10-18-2006 at 05:25 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    That is a very underwhelming sign.
    Agreed.

• World Traveler

Gosh that's a boring sign! Maybe the city of Anaheim has restrictions on signage size? Think about it ... if Disney doesn't want the hotels and restaurants across the street to have huge signs, then Disney has to follow the same rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast